KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Conan vs. Thor

Conan vs. Thor
Started by: Psychotron

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Psychotron

Conan vs. Thor

I searched, but I didn't find anything.

Conan (Arnie) vs. mortal Thor.

1) H2H.

2) Conan has his sword, Thor has Mjolnir, but doesn't get his powers back.

They fight in a gladiatorial arena.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2014 11:19 PM
Psychotron is currently offline Click here to Send Psychotron a Private Message Find more posts by Psychotron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Conan vs. Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Psychotron
Thor has Mjolnir, but doesn't get his powers back.

?

Old Post Jan 30th, 2014 11:45 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Psychotron

Basically he can only use it as a mallet. He's still mortal for this fight.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2014 11:51 PM
Psychotron is currently offline Click here to Send Psychotron a Private Message Find more posts by Psychotron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Allowing Mjolnir means that if it clashes with Conan's sword or Conan himself, Conan is done, son. That said, Mjolnir has like, zero reach compared to Conan's blade, so Conan might still win.

H2H, well, idk. I get the feeling Conan is a lot stronger, but I'm not sure by how much.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2014 12:42 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Round 1: Conan wins H2H against powerless Thor

Round 2: Depowered Thor can't lift Mjolnir.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2014 12:44 AM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Psychotron

Originally posted by Firefly218
Round 1: Conan wins H2H against powerless Thor

Round 2: Depowered Thor can't lift Mjolnir.

Are you being difficult on purpose?

Originally posted by NemeBro
Allowing Mjolnir means that if it clashes with Conan's sword or Conan himself, Conan is done, son. That said, Mjolnir has like, zero reach compared to Conan's blade, so Conan might still win.

H2H, well, idk. I get the feeling Conan is a lot stronger, but I'm not sure by how much.

Mjolnir doesn't retain any of it's enchantments in this match. It's just a mallet for the purpose of this fight. I chose it, because I assume Thor has the most experience with it.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2014 12:58 AM
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Mjolnir doesn't retain any of it's enchantments in this match. It's just a mallet for the purpose of this fight. I chose it, because I assume Thor has the most experience with it.

Thor loses both then

Old Post Jan 31st, 2014 01:13 AM
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Well Conan is bigger... but from what I remember, he seemed slow and lumbering and I don't recall him displaying any real h2h skill.

Thor definitely wins h2h.

Weapons match is harder to call due to the sword having a bigger reach and is technically a far better combat weapon. I'd say 2nd match is 50/50, Thor winning half the fights due to skill and Conan winning the other half simply due to weapons advantage.

Now if it was Momoa's Conan, then he wins both matches.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2014 01:17 AM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Are you being difficult on purpose?

If Mjolnir is just a stone mallet with a short handle then he loses. Hard.

Trying to block Conan's sword with it is equally as likely to end up maiming his hand or wrist, and harming Conan is going to be exremely difficult, both because he has to step far into Conan's reach to do it, and because Mjolnir is frankly ass as a weapon with no enchantment. It's surface is entirely flat, and the short handle means you have no leverage, so his blows will be relatively weak.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2014 01:20 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by FrothByte
Well Conan is bigger... but from what I remember, he seemed slow and lumbering and I don't recall him displaying any real h2h skill.

Weapons match is harder to call due to the sword having a bigger reach and is technically a far better combat weapon. I'd say 2nd match is 50/50, Thor winning half the fights due to skill and Conan winning the other half simply due to weapons advantage.

Thor hasn't displayed very many skill feats. All we have seen Thor do is hit hard, which won't help when facing a bigger and stronger opponent.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2014 01:40 AM
michaelx

Chucky 1 shots these filthy peasants.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2014 01:41 AM
michaelx is currently offline Click here to Send michaelx a Private Message Find more posts by michaelx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Originally posted by Firefly218
Thor hasn't displayed very many skill feats. All we have seen Thor do is hit hard, which won't help when facing a bigger and stronger opponent.

Not very many skill feats? He showed plenty skill in his two movies plus the Avengers. Far more than what Conan has shown anyway.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2014 01:42 AM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Psychotron

Originally posted by NemeBro
If Mjolnir is just a stone mallet with a short handle then he loses. Hard.

Trying to block Conan's sword with it is equally as likely to end up maiming his hand or wrist, and harming Conan is going to be exremely difficult, both because he has to step far into Conan's reach to do it, and because Mjolnir is frankly ass as a weapon with no enchantment. It's surface is entirely flat, and the short handle means you have no leverage, so his blows will be relatively weak.

I'd give him a different weapon, but that's all he used in the film. Still, warhammers and maces were efficient weapons during the Middle ages while swords were sidearms. But that's partly because of armor.

I don't know if Thor is a better fighter than Conan. He spent quite a lot of time as an undefeated gladiator after all.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2014 01:42 AM
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Thor has several thousand years of combat experience though.

He's literally a warrior prince who does almost nothing but fight.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2014 01:46 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

I'd give him a different weapon, but that's all he used in the film. Still, warhammers and maces were efficient weapons during the Middle ages while swords were sidearms. But that's partly because of armor.

I don't know if Thor is a better fighter than Conan. He spent quite a lot of time as an undefeated gladiator after all.

Well we can either base this off their records: In which Conan was an undefeated gladiator and Thor has been relatively undefeated in his centuries of war...

Or we can base this on what they have shown in their movies, in which Conan does move slowly and who's sword fighting style is basically hack and slash. Thor on the other hand has shown quite a bit skill: ducking, dodging, throwing more complex and more technically sound punches and kicks, as well as more technical swings and blocks with his hammer.

Removing Thor's powers doesn't remove his fighting skill nor his speed and agility if I'm not mistaken.

And now that I think about it, if Thor has reflexes fast enough to block laser fire, I don't see why he'd have a problem blocking Conan's sword strikes.

Last edited by FrothByte on Jan 31st, 2014 at 01:52 AM

Old Post Jan 31st, 2014 01:49 AM
NemeBro

No mace or hammer was built like Mjolnir. Give it a longer haft, change the shape of the hammer itself, it could be doable, but Mjolnir as it is is borderline the worst-designed weapon ever.

A real warhammer was about three feet long. Mjolnir is a foot at best.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2014 01:53 AM
NemeBro

Removing Thor's powers doesn't remove his fighting skill nor his speed and agility if I'm not mistaken.

And now that I think about it, if Thor has reflexes fast enough to block laser fire, I don't see why he'd have a problem blocking Conan's sword strikes.
You think that mortal Thor is as fast as god Thor?

lol

Old Post Jan 31st, 2014 01:54 AM
Psychotron

Well we can either base this off their records: In which Conan was an undefeated gladiator and Thor has been relatively undefeated in his centuries of war...

Or we can base this on what they have shown in their movies, in which Conan does move slowly and who's sword fighting style is basically hack and slash. Thor on the other hand has shown quite a bit skill: ducking, dodging, throwing more complex and more technically sound punches and kicks, as well as more technical swings and blocks with his hammer.

I don't think Conan moved as slowly as you say. He wasn't fast, but he was no slouch. And he fought with skill, he just didn't suffer the same fate most modern action movies do with their over-choreographed fights (ala Star Wars). I think Conan has the strength edge, he shattered his father's sword with one swing in the first film.

Does Thor keep his reflex while depowered though?

Old Post Jan 31st, 2014 01:57 AM
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

I don't think Conan moved as slowly as you say. He wasn't fast, but he was no slouch. And he fought with skill, he just didn't suffer the same fate most modern action movies do with their over-choreographed fights (ala Star Wars). I think Conan has the strength edge, he shattered his father's sword with one swing in the first film.

Does Thor keep his reflex while depowered though?

We never saw any indication that Thor lost his speed and reflexes while depowered. We know he lost his strength, durability, and magical powers but if his fight with the SHIELD agents proved anything, he still maintained his speed and skill. I mean, it's not like he moved obviously faster in god mode as compared to when he was a human. The strength and durability difference was very obvious, but there was no discernible change in his skill or reflexes.

And I agree about the choreography. Older movies will always move slower than newer movies because choreography and camera work improved. Still, that doesn't change the fact that Conan moved and fought slower than Thor.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2014 01:59 AM
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

He was fast enough to take out several SHIELD guards while being almost entirely focused on Mjolnir.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2014 02:00 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote