KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » X-Men » are mutants immortal?

are mutants immortal?
Started by: Colossus-Big C

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Colossus-Big C
Restricted

Account Restricted

are mutants immortal?

for exapmle wolverine
colossus in metal form
rogue
rockslide
strong guy

I have returned

Old Post Oct 10th, 2010 04:24 PM
Colossus-Big C is currently offline Click here to Send Colossus-Big C a Private Message Find more posts by Colossus-Big C Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mshinu
Star for a Brain

Some mutants are immortal, like Apocalypse living for thousands of years even before enhancing himself with tech
Some immortal mutants need to absorb energy of some kind to remain young, like Selene
Some mutants age very slowly, like Wolverine

I wonder if Mystique is immortal, she is around Logan`s age maybe older.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2010 04:46 PM
Mshinu is currently offline Click here to Send Mshinu a Private Message Find more posts by Mshinu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
for exapmle wolverine
colossus in metal form
rogue
rockslide
strong guy

colossus can't stay in metal form forever.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Oct 10th, 2010 06:59 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Colossus-Big C
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by -Pr-
colossus can't stay in metal form forever.
why not?

I have returned

Old Post Oct 10th, 2010 07:06 PM
Colossus-Big C is currently offline Click here to Send Colossus-Big C a Private Message Find more posts by Colossus-Big C Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Originally posted by Mshinu

I wonder if Mystique is immortal, she is around Logan`s age maybe older.

I think Mystique just ages slow like Logan, they've pretty much explained that her shape-shifting greatly retards her aging.

Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
for exapmle wolverine
colossus in metal form
rogue
rockslide
strong guy

Why are Rogue and Strong Guy on this list?

And Rockslide is a psionic entity.....so he could be considered immortal....unless his energy just fades for some reason and he ceases to exist.

@Pr He's never been shown to have to turn back to normal. He stayed metal about a week before until he willingly changed back. Although there's no reason to think his aging stops while he's transformed.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2010 07:09 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by KingD19
I think Mystique just ages slow like Logan, they've pretty much explained that her shape-shifting greatly retards her aging.

Why are Rogue and Strong Guy on this list?

And Rockslide is a psionic entity.....so he could be considered immortal....unless his energy just fades for some reason and he ceases to exist.

@Pr He's never been shown to have to turn back to normal. He stayed metal about a week before until he willingly changed back. Although there's no reason to think his aging stops while he's transformed.

there's that too.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Oct 11th, 2010 03:36 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zeroking24
Xbox gamertag is z0 dog

no beacuse if they were we would all be dead!!!

Old Post Oct 11th, 2010 02:41 PM
zeroking24 is currently offline Click here to Send zeroking24 a Private Message Find more posts by zeroking24 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

You guys forgot Jean Gray: no matter how many times she gets killed off some writer brings her back eventually. stick out tongue

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2010 04:28 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

mystique is not quite as old as wolverine, but she pretty closes. She may not age it, never been really stated either way.

Wolverine may not age at all. To be honest he yet to age at all in past 100 years. I don't believe he does age.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2010 06:29 PM
Dum Dum Dugan is currently offline Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Originally posted by Dum Dum Dugan
mystique is not quite as old as wolverine, but she pretty closes. She may not age it, never been really stated either way.

Wolverine may not age at all. To be honest he yet to age at all in past 100 years. I don't believe he does age.

I think it's been stated that every time she uses her shape-shifting to change form her cells get rejuvenated, meaning she's potentially biologically immortal.

And while I don't know if she's as old as Wolverine I know she's over 100. She was alive during the Victorian era IIRC.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2010 02:23 AM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

Obviously Wolverine ages. He's aged since he developed his powers, and he talks about aging, he's never just said I don't age anymore.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2010 06:14 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Some mutants live a shorter time, some a longer. It varies based on powers and other factors.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2010 03:02 PM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mshinu
Star for a Brain

I wonder why Wolvie didn`t appear to have aged in Here comes tomorrow (150 years into the future). Most future "what ifs" and timelines depict him with varying older apperances.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2010 07:00 AM
Mshinu is currently offline Click here to Send Mshinu a Private Message Find more posts by Mshinu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

No idea, but like you said, in just about every other future incarnation, it's obvious he's aged. Old Man Logan, that thing with the half human/half robot things....where they melted him with acid, etc...

Old Post Oct 13th, 2010 05:25 PM
Omgu8mynewt

If Logan didn't age at all, he would be stuck at 13 or so when his X gene activated. He must have aged some to get to the point that he's at now

Old Post Oct 13th, 2010 11:25 PM
Omgu8mynewt is currently offline Click here to Send Omgu8mynewt a Private Message Find more posts by Omgu8mynewt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mshinu
Star for a Brain

Originally posted by Omgu8mynewt
If Logan didn't age at all, he would be stuck at 13 or so when his X gene activated. He must have aged some to get to the point that he's at now

Not neccecarily, Selene and Apocalypse both grew to full adulthood before ageing halted.

Logan does appear to age, but is it possible that he would age slower without adamantium?

Old Post Oct 14th, 2010 09:32 AM
Dum Dum Dugan

No idea, but like you said, in just about every other future incarnation, it's obvious he's aged. Old Man Logan, that thing with the half human/half robot things....where they melted him with acid, etc...

actaully in most of the closest alternate realities Logan does not age.

He did not age in old man Logan, that was from stress. In fantastic Force which is the same reality, wolveirne 500 years in the future looks like he always does and the gray vanished.

Also even in age of the future past, in the mini his gray is gone again many years after the event. People assume gray = old, but in fact it a sign of stress.

Obviously Wolverine ages. He's aged since he developed his powers, and he talks about aging, he's never just said I don't age anymore.

He has not aged since hitting his prime in fact that disprove your point. The fact he aged normally untill his prime which then stop suggests his age has been halted permently. Because if he in facted aged he would have remained aging at the same rate.

Logan yet to mention that he body gotten older and he has yet to age since hitting his prime. He has question himself as well as others if he in fact immortal.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2010 09:46 PM
Dum Dum Dugan is currently offline Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trackz

Originally posted by Omgu8mynewt
why would his healing factor attack the hormones that activate during puberty? they're not harmful and they're natural.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2010 04:48 AM
Trackz is currently offline Click here to Send Trackz a Private Message Find more posts by Trackz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mshinu
Star for a Brain

actaully in most of the closest alternate realities Logan does not age.

He did not age in old man Logan, that was from stress. In fantastic Force which is the same reality, wolveirne 500 years in the future looks like he always does and the gray vanished.

Also even in age of the future past, in the mini his gray is gone again many years after the event. People assume gray = old, but in fact it a sign of stress.

He has not aged since hitting his prime in fact that disprove your point. The fact he aged normally untill his prime which then stop suggests his age has been halted permently. Because if he in facted aged he would have remained aging at the same rate.

Logan yet to mention that he body gotten older and he has yet to age since hitting his prime. He has question himself as well as others if he in fact immortal.

Umm, wouldn`t a strong healing factor prevent hair going gray because of stress? Has his hair gone gray like this before?

I guess it is not impossible that Wolvie is immortal and only seems to age when "stressed", but it sounds like a stretch to say the least. On the other hand it would add another layer of meaning to Logan "being what Romulus wants to be". Shrug, I doubt the various writers had the same thing in mind anyway.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2010 11:31 AM
Dum Dum Dugan

Originally posted by Mshinu
Umm, wouldn`t a strong healing factor prevent hair going gray because of stress? Has his hair gone gray like this before?

I guess it is not impossible that Wolvie is immortal and only seems to age when "stressed", but it sounds like a stretch to say the least. On the other hand it would add another layer of meaning to Logan "being what Romulus wants to be". Shrug, I doubt the various writers had the same thing in mind anyway.

No really, becuase it not becoming anything less, it simply changing colors. If one is in constant state of stress it remain.

He not aging. Simply becuase your hair grey does not make you older. I know friggin 18 year old kids who had gray hair.

Not really a stretch at all. We know for a fact that Wolverine from old man Logan lives another 500 years, we know his hair goes back to normal. We know he has not age at all.

Then in days of the future past the original one had him gray hair (but remember back then Logan barly even had a healing factor at the time) this was reconnted in Wolverine weapon x days of the future past which happens several years later maybe even a decade later and Wolverine is as young as ever.

People are assuming that he ages because of what again? alternate realities? except the three closest realities to 616 have him not aging, so I think it a stretch to say the least that he does age.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2010 05:29 PM