KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Achilles vs Legolas

Achilles vs Legolas
Started by: FrothByte

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Achilles vs Legolas

Achilles armed with sword and shield and Legolas armed with his twin swords. Fight to the death.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2014 12:28 AM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StealthRanger
S Class Demon

What reflexes does Achilles have?

Old Post Mar 27th, 2014 12:29 AM
StealthRanger is currently offline Click here to Send StealthRanger a Private Message Find more posts by StealthRanger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

quote: (post)
Originally posted by StealthRanger
What reflexes does Achilles have?

Just the ones we see from their movies.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2014 12:32 AM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Legolas' skills with a sword were impressive if not numerous. If it was from his feats only from the LotR movies I'd give Achilles a chance but Legolas' agility in Desolation of Smaug was just ridiculous and that combined with his limited sword skill he'd probably cut Achilles to ribbons.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Mar 27th, 2014 12:36 AM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Achilles wins.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2014 12:36 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StealthRanger
S Class Demon

Originally posted by FrothByte
Just the ones we see from their movies.

Uh, okay, and what feats does he have in that regard?

Old Post Mar 27th, 2014 12:38 AM
StealthRanger is currently offline Click here to Send StealthRanger a Private Message Find more posts by StealthRanger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by StealthRanger
Uh, okay, and what feats does he have in that regard?

His best feat, for me, and one that is overlooked is his almost superhuman awareness in battle. Several times he blocks arrows without even focusing all that much on who is firing them. One he blocks coming behind him without even looking at all. He just 'knows'.

Not that it would do him much good against Legolas given some of his outrageous feats in the barrel chase scene.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2014 01:10 AM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Achilles wins against that elf any day.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2014 01:25 AM
Time Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Someone clearly hasn't seen LotR 1-3 or Desolation of Smaug.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2014 01:32 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Originally posted by jaden101
His best feat, for me, and one that is overlooked is his almost superhuman awareness in battle. Several times he blocks arrows without even focusing all that much on who is firing them. One he blocks coming behind him without even looking at all. He just 'knows'.

When does Legolas block arrows? I just rewatched most of his battles in DoS and didn't see him do so.

Ironically, Achilles does block an arrow coming from his back without looking when he flips his shield on his back. Rewatching the scene where he single handily takes down the temple guard makes me give him the win.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2014 01:55 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by ares834
When does Legolas block arrows? I just rewatched most of his battles in DoS and didn't see him do so.

Ironically, Achilles does block an arrow coming from his back without looking when he flips his shield on his back. Rewatching the scene where he single handily takes down the temple guard makes me give him the win.

I was talking about Achilles. The thread's only a few posts long. Try and keep up.

Even still. You lose. Achilles wouldn't land a blow. Legolas' feats of agility means he'd dominate Achilles.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2014 01:58 AM
ares834

Nope. Leoglas isn't untouchable. Bolg managed to get a few good hits it.

Jumping on heads is all well and good, but it doesn't net him the win against Achilles' far more impressive swordsmanship.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2014 02:03 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Achilles may have a better chance in the terrain he fought Hector in. Flat and featureless. Anything in which agility can be exploited then Achilles gets dominated. Legolas is superhuman in that regard.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2014 02:18 AM
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by KingD19
Someone clearly hasn't seen LotR 1-3 or Desolation of Smaug.

Your talking about orcs and goblins vs a demi god.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2014 02:18 AM
Time Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Achilles may have a better chance in the terrain he fought Hector in. Flat and featureless. Anything in which agility can be exploited then Achilles gets dominated. Legolas is superhuman in that regard.

Achilles is faster, stronger and better with a sword and shield then Lagolas.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2014 02:32 AM
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Originally posted by Time Immemorial
Achilles is faster, stronger and better with a sword and shield then Lagolas.

Have you watched Desolation of Smaug yet?

Old Post Mar 27th, 2014 03:21 AM
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Have you watched Desolation of Smaug yet?

Yea, I really like it.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2014 04:17 AM
quanchi112
Disney

Wrong. Achilles stormed a beach against a grounded force with minimal men and easily conquered it. Achilles wasn't some specialized fighter he excelled in any given situation.

Achilles wins. He crushed his competition whereas Legolas hasn't even killed that minor Orc yet despite a lengthy battle.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2014 04:21 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Achilles armed with sword and shield and Legolas armed with his twin swords. Fight to the death.
Legolas due to ridiculously superior speed and agility.

Also pretty sure this thread already exist, but it was definitely made before Hobbit: DoS.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Mar 27th, 2014 04:42 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Minor Orc? Bolg is Azog The Defiler's son, Azog who is pretty much the most famous and powerful Orc in history. And Bolg went on to have a few pretty serious victories under his belt.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2014 04:48 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote