KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Guardians of the Galaxy.

Guardians of the Galaxy.
Started by: srankmissingnin

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Guardians of the Galaxy.

http://movies.ign.com/articles/118/1186169p1.html

I hope it is the AnL GotG, because if we get a movie staring Starlord, Nova, Rocket Raccoon and Groot, I'll die instantly after seeing it completely fulfilled.

The new Marvel characters announced for MvC3 Ultimate were Nova (GotG), Nova (GotG), Ghost Rider, Dr. Strange and Iron Fist. There is a new Ghost Rider movie being filmed right now, we have got announcements of a Dr. Strange movie going into production and a GotG movie. Can we expect and Iron Fist movie too? eek!

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Last edited by srankmissingnin on Aug 5th, 2011 at 12:11 AM

Old Post Aug 5th, 2011 12:08 AM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Ummm... This is pushing the comic movie genre way to far.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2011 12:18 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Someone needs to show DC how you make a Sci-Fi comic property work. cool

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Aug 5th, 2011 12:28 AM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

I don't like this at all.
There are some things Marvel needs to GET RIGHT before they pump this stuff out there:

1. Other space characters beside Thor. Surfer wasn't done right.

2. Other big name characters need light before these guys. I'd honestly rather see a Defenders movie MUCH more than GoTG and...

3. NAMOR!!! Where is Namor dammit? He needs a movie.

4. Fantastic Four needs a good showing; well, Doctor Doom anyway. (I know they're not under Marvel Studios' banner right now, but still)

I can think of tons of reasons why I'd rather not see GoTG untill much, much later.

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post Aug 5th, 2011 03:17 AM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Marvel doesn't have the film rights to Fantastic Four or Silver Surfer, Fox does. Fox also has movie rights to all mutants, which includes Namor. So Marvel can't do any of the four things you mentioned. lol

Old Post Aug 5th, 2011 03:42 AM
WhiteWitchKing

Hahahaha, Marvel does love their cosmic heroes. They've tried really hard in the past. It's not there fault that there wasn't enough fans to support these books. But again they try and I'm glad they did. I think Marvel execs would love to stick it DC/Warner Bros. You can't get any cosmic than the Guardians of the Galaxy. Heck, done right this could be the Star Wars movie DC hoped GL would be.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2011 03:46 AM
WhiteWitchKing is currently offline Click here to Send WhiteWitchKing a Private Message Find more posts by WhiteWitchKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

quote: (post)
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
Hahahaha, Marvel does love their cosmic heroes. They've tried really hard in the past. It's not there fault that there wasn't enough fans to support these books. But again they try and I'm glad they did. I think Marvel execs would love to stick it DC/Warner Bros. You can't get any cosmic than the Guardians of the Galaxy. Heck, done right this could be the Star Wars movie DC hoped GL would be.

The rumor is that the Skrulls and Thanos show up in the Avengers movie, so I guess that will lay the foundation for an epic space opera like GotG. I honestly fell that Starlord looks so badass, that they can get a decent box office turn out regardless of how good the movie turns out to be.

I'm curious whether or not Fox has the rights to the Shi'ar and the Imperial Guard.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2011 03:54 AM
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Marvel doesn't have the film rights to Fantastic Four
I stated as much in my previous comment
quote:
or Silver Surfer, Fox does. Fox also has movie rights to all mutants, which includes Namor. So Marvel can't do any of the four things you mentioned. lol

In any case, they should wait and flesh out their broader range of characters they have not put into movies yet. If Namor truly is under Fox (I know he's a mutant but I wonder if he was included...)that sucks.

Anyway, there are plenty of people I'd rather see before GoTG...I think that may end up hurting Marvel more than helping. I doubt it will be received well at all...

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post Aug 5th, 2011 04:56 AM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WhiteWitchKing

Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
I stated as much in my previous comment
In any case, they should wait and flesh out their broader range of characters they have not put into movies yet. If Namor truly is under Fox (I know he's a mutant but I wonder if he was included...)that sucks.

Anyway, there are plenty of people I'd rather see before GoTG...I think that may end up hurting Marvel more than helping. I doubt it will be received well at all...

Nancy here is right. They should give fish breath a chance before Blade. If only they could've turn back time.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2011 06:01 AM
WhiteWitchKing is currently offline Click here to Send WhiteWitchKing a Private Message Find more posts by WhiteWitchKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

I will take any excuse that makes Marvel relaunch a GotG comicbook...

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Aug 5th, 2011 06:41 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

I'm getting a bad vibe here. Hopefully it won't be as bad as the Fantastic Four movies.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2011 09:19 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black bolt z
Mindsets Master

The rumor is that the Skrulls and Thanos show up in the Avengers movie, so I guess that will lay the foundation for an epic space opera like GotG. I honestly fell that Starlord looks so badass, that they can get a decent box office turn out regardless of how good the movie turns out to be.

I'm curious whether or not Fox has the rights to the Shi'ar and the Imperial Guard.
There have been lots of rumors. Any proof of who the villian will be? Cuz I heard it was going to be [SPOILER - highlight to read]: loki and red skull teamed up.

But a CGI thanos would just look terrible in my opinion.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2011 09:29 PM
Black bolt z is currently offline Click here to Send Black bolt z a Private Message Find more posts by Black bolt z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

Marvel doesn't have the film rights to Fantastic Four or Silver Surfer, Fox does. Fox also has movie rights to all mutants, which includes Namor. So Marvel can't do any of the four things you mentioned. lol

Is there pretty much no chance of marvel getting any of these properties back? I mean, I know they recently got the punisher back, but getting something like the x-men rights back would probably be crazy expensive right?

Old Post Aug 5th, 2011 10:29 PM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Originally posted by JayDaDon
Is there pretty much no chance of marvel getting any of these properties back? I mean, I know they recently got the punisher back, but getting something like the x-men rights back would probably be crazy expensive right?
I believe as long as Sony and Fox don't wait too long between movies, they are allowed to keep the rights. Not sure on the number of years though..

Old Post Aug 5th, 2011 10:33 PM
BruhMan
World Champion

Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
I believe as long as Sony and Fox don't wait too long between movies, they are allowed to keep the rights. Not sure on the number of years though..

The one I really want is for marvel studios to get back fantastic 4. They're too central to the marvel U not to have in the movie universe. Also, we need an epic onscreen dr. doom.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2011 10:43 PM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

i will wait until this is officially casted to judge

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Aug 6th, 2011 03:24 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Just what team banner does Namor fall under? Fantastic Four, the X-Men, or Captain America( and by extension, Invaders and Avengers)?
Namor has never been seen or mentioned in either of those film series. I think Marvel Studios could produce a movie involving him as long as the word 'mutant' was never said.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Aug 6th, 2011 06:21 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Originally posted by JayDaDon
The one I really want is for marvel studios to get back fantastic 4. They're too central to the marvel U not to have in the movie universe. Also, we need an epic onscreen DR. DOOM.
Why Marvel allowed anyone else the rights to Doom.....He's probably devising a plot to erase the previous movies from our minds as we speak..

Old Post Aug 6th, 2011 11:14 AM
AlmightyKfish
This Is No Longer A City.

Done well, this could be a really great Sci Fi film imo.

I'm intrigued as to what version of the Guardians though.

Taskmaster The Molecule Man

Old Post Aug 9th, 2011 02:22 AM
AlmightyKfish is currently offline Click here to Send AlmightyKfish a Private Message Find more posts by AlmightyKfish Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Rhythmic

This is stupid. GotG aren't even interesting. Before they go out this far, Marvel needs Silver Surfer (done right), Fantastic Four (done right), Iron First, Luke Cage, Nova, and even Dethlok done well before they start grabbing at the Guardians of the Galaxy.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2011 08:15 PM
Mr. Rhythmic is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Rhythmic a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Rhythmic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote