KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » Fingolfin vs. Feanor

Fingolfin vs. Feanor
Started by: Bruce Leeroy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Fingolfin vs. Feanor

If the two fought each other, who would probably win?

On the one hand, Fingolfin fought and wounded Morgoth, yet Feanor was created and is called by the Valar the "most skilled and durable" of the Noldor.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2007 12:23 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

I believe Feanor was pronounced as "mightiest of the Elves of old", yet I've forgotten the text/source (I have an inkling it was Children of Hurin).

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post Jun 11th, 2007 10:09 PM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lordmohahat

it is feanor! read the simarillion. bring back venom so we can have CARNAGE!!

Old Post Jun 14th, 2007 02:57 PM
lordmohahat is currently offline Click here to Send lordmohahat a Private Message Find more posts by lordmohahat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tulakhordpwns
?

i'm not sure. Feanor is the most skilled and durable probably is refering to things other than combat skill (like jewel making)

correct me if I am wrong but I believe Feanor fought a bunch of Balrogs and was eventually overcome
Fingolfin fought Morgoth and actually wounded him a few times

I think Fingolfin's feat is more impressive

Old Post Aug 17th, 2007 12:53 AM
tulakhordpwns is currently offline Click here to Send tulakhordpwns a Private Message Find more posts by tulakhordpwns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nimbus006
Accuser

quote: (post)
Originally posted by tulakhordpwns
i'm not sure. Feanor is the most skilled and durable probably is refering to things other than combat skill (like jewel making)

correct me if I am wrong but I believe Feanor fought a bunch of Balrogs and was eventually overcome

Yes Feanor was surrounded by Balrogs and killed in the battle of Unumbered Tears. However, IMO fighting a batallion of Balrogs and battling Morgoth one on one is pretty equal. Both died, while Fingolfin did wound Morgoth pretty extensively Im sure Feanor was able to do some damage to at least one Balrog. Also if im not mistaken Gothmog who was the high captain of Morgoths army was one of the Balrogs who killed Feanor.

By: Juk

Old Post Aug 24th, 2007 07:16 PM
nimbus006 is currently offline Click here to Send nimbus006 a Private Message Find more posts by nimbus006 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lannfear

Fingolfin ftw...mightest of all the elves was Ingwe...

cheers Happy Dance

Old Post May 18th, 2008 02:14 PM
lannfear is currently offline Click here to Send lannfear a Private Message Find more posts by lannfear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

This would be a monster fight. However, I think Fingolfin would come out on top barely due to his determination and the fact he wounded Morgoth 7 times. This fight might take days though.

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post May 19th, 2008 01:08 PM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

I dunno.

Like the guy above, I'd consider fighting multiple Balrogs at the same time and not being outright killed at least as impressive as fighting Morgoth.

Old Post May 29th, 2008 06:13 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tulakhordpwns
?

After reading the Silmarillion again I have changed my mind. It says Feanor was the mightiest of the Noldor, so he would probably win.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2008 10:04 PM
tulakhordpwns is currently offline Click here to Send tulakhordpwns a Private Message Find more posts by tulakhordpwns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lannfear

feanor was indeed the mightest of the Noldor in some aspects....but....the reference to his might was more to do with his crafting ability..no one was mightier...also fingolfin was only 1/2 Noldor...his mother was Indis, who was kin to king Ingwe ( Vanyar elf) and as such was King of all the elves....Fingolfin was the greatest warrior of the elves...

cheers

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2008 03:07 AM
lannfear is currently offline Click here to Send lannfear a Private Message Find more posts by lannfear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tulakhordpwns
?

Well, the reference to feanor being the mightiest comes after he cuts his way through Morgoth's forces and fights for a long time against several Balrogs (including Gothmog), so I tend to think it was talking about his fighting abilities. That is a good point about Fingolfin not being 100% Noldor, although he is referred to sometimes as the high king of the Noldor, so I think he was intended to be counted among the Noldor.
That is my interpretation at least.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2008 10:00 PM
pottma01

Originally posted by tulakhordpwns

Correct. Read the Silmarillion which states that Fingolfin was the greatest Noldor who ever lived in sheer strength.

Where Feanor was the greatest in words and handscraft among them.

It would be a great fight among them where Feanor would not be beaten that easily but its the sheer power of Fingolfin that will overthrow the fiery soul of Feanor eventually. No doubt about it.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2008 01:12 PM
pottma01 is currently offline Click here to Send pottma01 a Private Message Find more posts by pottma01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tulakhordpwns
?

The Silmarillion said Feanor was mightiest of the Noldor, it said Fingolfin was the bravest elf king. Do you remember where it says Fingolfin was the greatest in sheer strength?

Old Post Jun 10th, 2008 10:49 PM
ares834

Feanor wins. The Silmarillion says Feanor is the greatest of the elves in all parts of the body. "For Feanor was made the mightiest in all parts of body and mind: in valour, in endurance, in beauty, in understanding, in skill, in strength and subtlety alike: of all the Children of Ilúvatar, and a bright flame was in him."

Beyond that battling a legion of Balrogs is more impressive. A weakened Morgoth was defeated by UNgoliant who in turn was defeated by a legion of Balrogs. Then Fingolfin battles a far weaker Morgoth, while Feanor battles the balrogs who are still at full power.

Last edited by ares834 on Apr 14th, 2009 at 02:15 PM

Old Post Apr 14th, 2009 02:01 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King-Fingolfin
Restricted

Account Restricted

Feanor wins, he was stated to be the greatest of the elves, though I do recall a statement saying Fingolfin was the strongest of the elves.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2009 07:00 PM
King-Fingolfin is currently offline Click here to Send King-Fingolfin a Private Message Find more posts by King-Fingolfin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Incanus
Istari

Actually, Feanor died FAR before the Nirnaeth Arnoediad. That was the battle in which Hurin was captured, so Feanor died before that. But Feanor sustained multiple wounds fighting Balrogs, AFTER he poured his spirit into the creation of the Silmarils, so he wasnt as
"fiery" as he was beforehand. Fingolfin was just an incredibly great warrior, holding off Morgoth is no moot feat, but being surrounded by Balrogs, sustaining multiple wounds, and killing a few in the process in by FAR a greater achivment. Feanor definately.

Isil
Turgon aran Gondolin tortha gar a matha, i vegil Glamdring gud dae lo, dam an Glamhoth.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2009 10:43 PM
Incanus is currently offline Click here to Send Incanus a Private Message Find more posts by Incanus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Allankles
Kwisatz Haderach

Fingolin was brave but I doubt he had the strength of Feanor. And he wounded Morgoth on his hands, he was probably quicker and was able to slash at Morgoth's hand because of that speed.

I think it's more a feat of speed and courage (daring to challange a Valar, weakened or otherwise), but not necessarily a show of power/might.

Sometimes the size of these Maiar and Valar was a detriment against quicker, smaller opponents.

Iboga chose not to fight, to allow himself to evolve. He had the wisdom to abandon the actions of war when he knew they would no longer serve him.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2009 05:12 AM
Allankles is currently offline Click here to Send Allankles a Private Message Find more posts by Allankles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King-Fingolfin
Restricted

Account Restricted

Quote from the Silmarillion

quote:
Feanor was the mightiest in skill of word and of hand, more learned than his brothers; his spirit burned as a flame. Fingolfin was the strongest, the most steadfast, and the most valiant. Finarfin was the fairest, and the most wise of heart; and afterwards he was a friend of the sons of Olwe.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2009 02:49 PM
King-Fingolfin is currently offline Click here to Send King-Fingolfin a Private Message Find more posts by King-Fingolfin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Incanus
Istari

Yes, but Morgoth at the time was weaker than he when he was in Utumno, and Fingolfin only wounded him, while Feanor KILLED them, Fingolfin could only wound Morgoth, and, face it, he got squished ;-) Feanor got hacked ;-) or slashed ;-) while one was fighting a whole bunch of balrogs, one was fighting Morgoth. Fingolfin was only faster than Morgoth because he was smaller. Feanor stayed in one spot, AND he was wounded many times, Fingolfin just got squished ;-) I still think taking on a bunch of balrogs is more impressive than hurting Morgoth. Who was the one who stopped Ungoliant from Killing Melkor, BALROGS WOO

Isil
Turgon aran Gondolin tortha gar a matha, i vegil Glamdring gud dae lo, dam an Glamhoth.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2009 02:11 AM
Incanus is currently offline Click here to Send Incanus a Private Message Find more posts by Incanus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King-Fingolfin
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Incanus
Yes, but Morgoth at the time was weaker than he when he was in Utumno, and Fingolfin only wounded him, while Feanor KILLED them, Fingolfin could only wound Morgoth, and, face it, he got squished ;-) Feanor got hacked ;-) or slashed ;-) while one was fighting a whole bunch of balrogs, one was fighting Morgoth. Fingolfin was only faster than Morgoth because he was smaller. Feanor stayed in one spot, AND he was wounded many times, Fingolfin just got squished ;-) I still think taking on a bunch of balrogs is more impressive than hurting Morgoth. Who was the one who stopped Ungoliant from Killing Melkor, BALROGS WOO

Yeah. Like, a thousand balrogs. There is no proof that Feanor fought ALL the balrogs ALL at once.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2009 02:46 PM