KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Horror Movies » The Last Horror Movie

The Last Horror Movie
Started by: papabeard

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
papabeard
tHe RiVeRmaN

The Last Horror Movie

Just watched this, and thought it was good, especially for a low budget effort.

Has echoes of American Psycho, in the form of the main character, and obviously Man Bites Dog, but seems to make more use of the concept of a real life serial killer documentary/home video.

Quite clever and intelligent and trying to do something a little different, its quite brutal and difficult to watch in places, due to the fact that the killings are very matter of fact and realistic, with no background music or elaborate death sequences. Also has a blackly comic streak running throughout.

I enjoyed this film and although it not as clever as it thinks it is , it does ask a few interesting questions of the audience. 8/10.

Anyone else have any views on this?

Old Post Aug 17th, 2005 08:50 AM
papabeard is currently offline Click here to Send papabeard a Private Message Find more posts by papabeard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
b-dan
Son of Sparda

ive seen it at the place were i rent movies but i never got around to rent it didnt fangro magazine have something to do with it??

Old Post Aug 17th, 2005 03:19 PM
b-dan is currently offline Click here to Send b-dan a Private Message Find more posts by b-dan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

1/2 American Psycho..1/2 Man Bites Dog..100% shit. I hated it, and it totally bored me. Fangoria movies need to cease to exist.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2005 04:48 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

After all the hype about it a few years ago, I didn't think it was anything special.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2005 04:56 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
papabeard
tHe RiVeRmaN

i never heard any of the hype about this film, i try to avoid hype and marketing if possible.

Maybe a bit enthusiastic with an 8/10, on second thoughts a 7/10.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2005 08:15 AM
papabeard is currently offline Click here to Send papabeard a Private Message Find more posts by papabeard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

I just heard a load of hype about it at a horror film festival once.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2005 04:36 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
papabeard
tHe RiVeRmaN

Where was the film festival? there is a good one in Edinburgh called Dead by Dawn.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2005 08:05 AM
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

London

Old Post Aug 19th, 2005 03:33 PM
Plenthorpe

THE LAST HORROR MOVIE

I agree with Papabeard, its a fresh take on a worn out genre. Has much to say on the topics of horror films, societal violence and the bloody intersection of the two.

Attachment: lhm-dvd.jpg
This has been downloaded 92 time(s).

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2005 06:59 PM
Plenthorpe is currently offline Click here to Send Plenthorpe a Private Message Find more posts by Plenthorpe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
papabeard
tHe RiVeRmaN

It is also bears similarities to a film called The Last Broadcast, which I believe the Blair Witch Project ripped-off

The Last Horror Movie also questions why you would want to watch films with such violent and horrific content.

Last edited by papabeard on Sep 25th, 2005 at 12:09 PM

Old Post Sep 25th, 2005 12:05 PM
b-dan
Son of Sparda

a name to a horror movie

so im gussing he movie sucks

Old Post Sep 26th, 2005 05:03 PM
b-dan is currently offline Click here to Send b-dan a Private Message Find more posts by b-dan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
papabeard
tHe RiVeRmaN

Just watched Maniac yesterday and found out that a film known as The Fanatic starring Joe Spinnell, was also called The Last Horror Film.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2005 12:56 PM
Plenthorpe

The Last....

I also heard of a film being made with Freddy, Jason and Leatherface called THE LAST HORROR PICTURE SHOW.

As for THE LAST HORROR MOVIE sucking, I think it blows 7/10

Old Post Oct 7th, 2005 06:53 PM
Plenthorpe is currently offline Click here to Send Plenthorpe a Private Message Find more posts by Plenthorpe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

7/10 is pretty generous for a film you thought sucked.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2005 12:05 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Plenthorpe

THE LAST HORROR MOVIE

I didn't say it sucks, I said it BLOWS... smokin'

Old Post Oct 20th, 2005 05:55 AM
cropsy_is_god

Its nothing Special but ive seen worse.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2006 03:15 PM
cropsy_is_god is currently offline Click here to Send cropsy_is_god a Private Message Find more posts by cropsy_is_god Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selphie
you teasing like you do

The Last Horror Movie? I saw it at Blockbuster, but I hate that place......so I thought it would probably be crappy. Whats it supposed to be about?

riding high on love's true bluish light

Old Post Jan 8th, 2006 06:14 PM
Selphie is currently offline Click here to Send Selphie a Private Message Find more posts by Selphie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nymus

SUMMER SCARS

The director of THE LAST HORROR MOVIE has a new release on DVD called SUMMER SCARS and it also stars Kevin Howarth who played the killer in TLHM.

Attachment: summerscars-tla.jpg
This has been downloaded 44 time(s).

Old Post Jul 26th, 2008 03:09 PM
nymus is currently offline Click here to Send nymus a Private Message Find more posts by nymus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selphie
you teasing like you do

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Selphie
The Last Horror Movie? I saw it at Blockbuster, but I hate that place......so I thought it would probably be crappy. Whats it supposed to be about?

I guess I forgot to compliment that I loved this movie. Wonderful!

riding high on love's true bluish light

Old Post Jul 27th, 2008 03:19 AM
Selphie is currently offline Click here to Send Selphie a Private Message Find more posts by Selphie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BigRed

I watched this with my friend that normally hates these 'b-level' movies. But he loved this, as did I. I thought it was really well done and a damn good horror film for such a low budget, almost unknown film.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2008 06:38 PM
BigRed is currently offline Click here to Send BigRed a Private Message Find more posts by BigRed Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote