KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Marvel One Shot - All Hail The King

Marvel One Shot - All Hail The King
Started by: Slowpoke

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Slowpoke

Marvel One Shot - All Hail The King

http://www.superheromoviesnews.com/...il-king-is.html

So that means

Kilian was not the leader of Ten Rings, he had no connection with the Ten Rings' activity in IM1 and IM2.

The Ten Ring probably was using Kilian's AIM to switch the focus of SHIELD and the heroes, while Kilian might not know.

Was Tony get rid of his Iron Man power also part of their plan?

It would be amazing if Pepper was also a member of the Ten Rings, or at least was used by them.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2014 05:11 AM
Slowpoke is currently offline Click here to Send Slowpoke a Private Message Find more posts by Slowpoke Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

A step in the right direction I guess. Still would prefer they just remake IM3.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2014 09:22 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

IM3 was good, It was a genius move with what they did.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2014 09:36 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ You mean with what they were given?

Ah it was Meh to me. IM1 still remains the only really Great IM movie IMO. (Obviously Avengers as well if you count that).

Edit- On another note I actually really enjoyed Justin Hammer in IM2, and love his cameo at the end of this. The guy cracks me up.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2014 11:32 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

IM4?

Maybe marvel will make a Mandarin movie

Old Post Feb 5th, 2014 03:59 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpaceMonkey
Project Mayhem

So he's still out there? That's great!

"Put him in a straightjacket, the man's sick!"

Old Post Feb 5th, 2014 04:09 PM
SpaceMonkey is currently offline Click here to Send SpaceMonkey a Private Message Find more posts by SpaceMonkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
^ You mean with what they were given?

Ah it was Meh to me. IM1 still remains the only really Great IM movie IMO. (Obviously Avengers as well if you count that).

Edit- On another note I actually really enjoyed Justin Hammer in IM2, and love his cameo at the end of this. The guy cracks me up.

Wish I could 'like' this post...

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2014 04:03 PM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpaceMonkey
Project Mayhem

Originally posted by DARTH POWER

Sam Rockwell is underrated as an actor.

"Put him in a straightjacket, the man's sick!"

Old Post Feb 10th, 2014 04:38 PM
SpaceMonkey is currently offline Click here to Send SpaceMonkey a Private Message Find more posts by SpaceMonkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Firefly218
IM4?

Maybe marvel will make a Mandarin movie

Be good if that happens

I find it stupid how people say the Mandarin looks racist, Well he was when he initially was created

he doesn't look so much in his last appearance and as for his Fu Manchu appearance can't work nowadays, What a crock of shit

So people are fine with the old picture's of chinese emperors but yet when they attempt to create that nowadays.....ooooh racist.

Last edited by Kazenji on Feb 11th, 2014 at 05:50 AM

Old Post Feb 11th, 2014 05:46 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
VanMae

All you have to do to know that a modern Mandarin would work is watch Arrow. Nyssa Al Ghul, eastern assassin dragon-lady, one of the oldest stereotypes from the old pulp 30's stories, and yet she's awesome. That's the truth of a lot of these old pulp stereotypes: they are inches from being awesome.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2014 02:56 AM
VanMae is currently offline Click here to Send VanMae a Private Message Find more posts by VanMae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by VanMae
All you have to do to know that a modern Mandarin would work is watch Arrow. Nyssa Al Ghul, eastern assassin dragon-lady, one of the oldest stereotypes from the old pulp 30's stories, and yet she's awesome. That's the truth of a lot of these old pulp stereotypes: they are inches from being awesome.

Well all they have to do is base it more on his recent appearances, If its that much of a trouble with people nowadays

from Matt Fraction's run

(please log in to view the image)

Last edited by Kazenji on Feb 14th, 2014 at 05:54 AM

Old Post Feb 14th, 2014 05:45 AM
Darth Thor

Being "afraid he might seem racist" was a really silly reason not to use Mandarin.

But from this one shot it looks like Marvel have seen the error of their ways.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2014 09:09 AM
Slowpoke

All of the Ten Rings' known activities in the MCU

Iron Man 1: Worked with Iron Mongor to buy weapons and kidnap Tony.

Iron Man 2: Gave Ivan the fake passport to help him.

Black Widow Strikes Comic: Trying to use the missile to strike North Korea, create conflict.

Iron Man 3 Preclude Comic: Attacking various places, maybe set the trap to scan War Machine.

Iron Man 3: Name was used by A.I.M to cover the explosion, but maybe it was part of the Ten Ring's plan, using AIM to switch the focus of the SHIELD.

All Hail the King One Shot: Kidnapping Trevor because the real Mandarin was "angry" or perhaps, use Trevor for some sinister purpose.

Marvel really spent a lot of effort on this organization, almost all the crimes in the Iron Man movies had something to do with them, hope we won't be disappointed in their future storyline.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2014 09:53 PM
Slowpoke is currently offline Click here to Send Slowpoke a Private Message Find more posts by Slowpoke Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Are those comics worth checking out?

Old Post Feb 16th, 2014 02:11 AM
SamZED

Just watched it. A good attempt from Marvel to redeem themselves after the "actor Mandarin" thing. But it is just that, an attempt to redeem themselves. No way they're going to use it in the future movies or include the real Mandarin anywhere.

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2014 08:30 AM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by SamZED
No way they're going to use it in the future movies or include the real Mandarin anywhere.

Based on?

Old Post Apr 12th, 2014 08:37 AM
SamZED

Originally posted by Kazenji
Based on?
Don't you Quanchi me, mister!
Think about it. How many people watched this one shot compared to how many watched IM3? The build up for Mandarin Kingsley was greatly done but they screwed up near the end. And now they're supposed to start anew with another Mandarin? Make him a threat again and have people buy it? "Look! We have another Mandarin but this one is real deal!" Sounds too soap opera IMO. Don't think the audience will like that, except for those who read comics.

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2014 09:37 AM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Think about it. How many people watched this one shot compared to how many watched IM3?

They could just explain it in a movie, saying he escaped with unkown help or whatever. And then show us some scenes of where he is now.

So that's not much of an issue (except for what you said about audiences saying wtf is this now). But I'd say the bigger issue is when would this new Mandarin come along. There's not planned date for the next IM movie yet, and chances are Downey won't be in it. So unless they continue the plot in Avengers 3? But I doubt that will happen.

I'd say more chance of it being explored in Agents of SHIELD or something. But then what's the point in that now?

Old Post Apr 14th, 2014 10:30 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

No need to get angry about it

as for a Iron Man 4 Or even Downey Jnr being involved guess will have to wait and see in later on.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2014 12:10 PM