KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Animations / CGI » Toph vs. Azula

Who would win?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Toph 3 30.00%
Azula 7 70.00%
Total: 9 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Toph vs. Azula
Started by: Excalibur2776

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Excalibur2776
Restricted

Account Restricted

Toph vs. Azula

No Sozins Comet

Also, in this battle Azula is not insane.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2013 02:10 AM
Excalibur2776 is currently offline Click here to Send Excalibur2776 a Private Message Find more posts by Excalibur2776 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Does Toph have her Metal Bending skills?

Old Post Nov 29th, 2013 02:14 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Excalibur2776
Restricted

Account Restricted

No, just Earth.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2013 02:23 AM
Excalibur2776 is currently offline Click here to Send Excalibur2776 a Private Message Find more posts by Excalibur2776 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

Hmmm. I see this as being a great, hard fought battle for both sides. In the end though without the amp from Sozin's Comet, Azula as great as she is, being probably tied for 4th best Firebender of her time with Zuko(1st is between Ozai and Iroh, 2nd is whichever brother didn't want it as badly, and third is Jeong-Jeong imo) is fighting arguably the second best non-Avatar Earthbender to ever live.

I'd give her 1st over Bumi because of her alternative style and metal bending, but since she doesn't have that, Bumi's got the most raw power I've seen.

So yeah, despite Azula's skill, Toph is also an Earthbending Master in every sense of the word, and her element is one of the hardest for Firebenders to deal with.

I'd say Top takes 7-8/10.

Last edited by KingD19 on Nov 29th, 2013 at 02:54 AM

Old Post Nov 29th, 2013 02:47 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

I agree, but what if Azula had the comet amp?

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2013 02:52 AM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

Hmmm, if Azula had the Sozin amp and wasn't batshit, she'd be a totally different monster. Give Toph her Metal Bending and she could still take a few, but with power like that I think Azula would win far more than she'd lose due to Toph's versatility and creativity, as Azula would just have raw energy output advantage. Even if she couldn't charge up, a lot of her attacks would just be overwhelming.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2013 02:55 AM
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

She didn't look any more impressive or different when the comet passed to me.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Nov 29th, 2013 03:02 AM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

That's because when the Comet came she was already showing signs of insanity, and her skills clearly suffered. Even with learning the Dancing Dragon and learning the true meaning of Firebending, Zuko matching her so easily showed that she wasn't on her P's and Q's. At least imo.

And going by the amps seen on Jeong Jeong, Iroh, and Ozai. Azula should have been given a similar enough upgrade if she hadn't gone cuckoo.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2013 03:06 AM
SamZED

Azula. And as far as fire bending goes I'd put her above Zuko assuming she's not crazy.

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2013 03:25 AM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Azula takes this.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2013 05:13 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Utrigita

Toph for the win, imo.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2013 09:36 AM
Utrigita is currently offline Click here to Send Utrigita a Private Message Find more posts by Utrigita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Azula was skilled enough to dance around Tophs attacks when she lost her bending and is about as skilled as Toph is. And she has lightning as a major trump card. I give it to her.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2013 06:58 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Joker
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think Azula being more intelligent and tactically superior will give her the win, as much as I love Toph. sad

Old Post Mar 26th, 2014 11:39 PM
King Joker is currently offline Click here to Send King Joker a Private Message Find more posts by King Joker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

:/ even if you gave Toph her metal bending Azula would probably win (assuming we're using their TLA versions), limiting her to earth bending makes this close to a stomp.

Of the TLA cast, only Iroh, Ozai, and Aang could realistically beat a non-crazy Azula one on one.

Well...maybe King Bumi too, he was pretty badass.

Let's not forget the fight where Azula took on Aang, Zuko, Katara, Iroh, and Toph all at once.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Last edited by Omega Vision on Mar 26th, 2014 at 11:47 PM

Old Post Mar 26th, 2014 11:44 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

^thumb up People like to bring up her last encounter with Zuko as a proof of his superiority. They're forgetting she was in no condition to fight. That's the only reason Zuko agreed to take her 1 on 1 in the first place.
As far as TLA firebenders go i'd say:
1. Iroh
2. Ozai
3. Jeong
4. Azula
5. Zuko

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2014 10:16 AM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Joker
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SamZED
^thumb up People like to bring up her last encounter with Zuko as a proof of his superiority. They're forgetting she was in no condition to fight. That's the only reason Zuko agreed to take her 1 on 1 in the first place.
1. Iroh
2. Ozai
3. Jeong
4. Azula
5. Zuko

I'd say that list is pretty accurate.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2014 01:17 AM
King Joker is currently offline Click here to Send King Joker a Private Message Find more posts by King Joker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

1. Iroh
2. Ozai
3. Jeong
4. Azula
5. Zuko

Just curious, why do you put Jeong over Azula and Iroh over Ozai? I'm not necessarily disagreeing, but Iroh didn't seem confident about his ability to take on Ozai (and I don't think it was just him being modest), and I don't remember what Jeong was capable of doing.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2014 02:28 AM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

Originally posted by Omega Vision
Just curious, why do you put Jeong over Azula and Iroh over Ozai? I'm not necessarily disagreeing, but Iroh didn't seem confident about his ability to take on Ozai (and I don't think it was just him being modest), and I don't remember what Jeong was capable of doing.

Can't Iroh redirect lightning where Ozai can't? Seems he'd have a much easier time dealing with powerful attacks than Ozai.

He also just seems more chill and less prone to rage assaults.

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Mar 28th, 2014 07:05 AM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

1. Iroh
2. Ozai
3. Jeong
4. Azula
5. Zuko

i'd flip Ozai and Iroh. If you look at what they both did under the comet, Ozai diplayed much more power.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2014 07:46 AM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

as for this fight, I'd give it to Azula. Azula is a better tactical fighter than Toph, and she can launch attacks without being on the ground, effectively making her attacks invisible to Toph... similarly to how she got owned by Aang's air attacks.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2014 07:52 AM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote