KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movies you had the most trouble understanding?

Movies you had the most trouble understanding?
Started by: Surtur

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Movies you had the most trouble understanding?

This thread is inspired by the movie "Mulholland Drive". Mostly because of how this movie came with an actual list of tips in order to try to help you to better understand what the f*ck was going on lol.

So on that note, what movies did you have trouble understanding? It can be a movie you have never truly understood, or it can be one that you only understood after repeated viewings.

Not surprisingly I will mention Mulholland Drive, to which despite it coming with helpful hints to try to make it easier..I still really have no clue wtf was truly going on.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2017 01:12 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Murdoch

Does it mean I'm not that bright if I say American Psycho?

Old Post Feb 5th, 2017 07:24 PM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

I was confused by that, was he killing people or was it in his mind? I haven't seen the movie in a while

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Feb 5th, 2017 08:00 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Trying to make sense of everything the Architect said in the Matrix Reloaded.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2017 08:16 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Murdoch

quote: (post)
Originally posted by steverules_2
I was confused by that, was he killing people or was it in his mind? I haven't seen the movie in a while

I mean, I think that is the final plot point when he talks to his lawyer at the climax of the movie.

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime

Will Ferrell MTV Movie Award spoof: "You know what, I don't understand what I'm saying."

Old Post Feb 5th, 2017 08:19 PM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Sherlock Holmes. I watched it without subtitles and I had no clue what anyone was saying through the quick-talking accents.

Very confusing.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2017 08:59 PM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Donnie Darko ....I might have been too drunk....or not drunk enough.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2017 09:05 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Originally posted by steverules_2
In the movie it's left to the viewer's interpretation, although only one option makes sense tbh.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Feb 5th, 2017 10:15 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr Will Hatch

The author of the book and the director of the movie said that he WAS killing people, but people in the American Psycho universe are all so shallow and self absorbed that they didn't notice/care what Bateman was doing.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2017 11:14 PM
Dr Will Hatch is currently offline Click here to Send Dr Will Hatch a Private Message Find more posts by Dr Will Hatch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by John Murdoch
Does it mean I'm not that bright if I say American Psycho?

No I had the same problem, was he a killer? Was he not? I don't know.

Vanilla Sky is another weird f*cking movie.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2017 11:33 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

I first watched Memento when I was about 14 and that was a bit of a mind boggler at the time.

I'd have to say Primer is still the film that pickles my brain even after several viewings. Physics was never my best subject and it's very heavily loaded in that dept.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Feb 5th, 2017 11:35 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Originally posted by Surtur
No I had the same problem, was he a killer? Was he not? I don't know.

Look at the post above yours

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Feb 5th, 2017 11:48 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

You're all stoopid morans.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Feb 6th, 2017 03:19 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Originally posted by Mindset

That is why the Transformers, Twilight, Fifty Shades, and Rogue 1 made money.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2017 03:35 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

*stupid *morons

kthx bye

PWNT

Old Post Feb 6th, 2017 05:06 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

I agree with a lot of the ones mentioned so far...

American Psycho
Vanilla Sky

I did not understand either of those films. I'll also add Mission Impossible. It's been a long time since I've seen it, though.

I did understand Mulholland Drive, though. It's been many years since I've seen it, but what I remember thinking is that it's conceptual in that you are living this depressed girl's hopes and dreams moving to Hollywood to make it big, but then get jolted to reality and she has killed herself. It's a pretty epically depressing movie... feel good film of the year.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2017 04:27 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

No Country For Old Men.

It wasn't so much as not understanding but I totally missed that minor scene where the husband is randomly killed. It was shown as a news footage of dead bodies in a hotel room & you're apparently supposed to recognise the husband by the boots he was wearing...such a minor detail considering the other dead men were wearing boots too.

Anyway I totally expected the husband to finally turn up at the end of the movie to save his wife & when he didn't, I had to rewind the film to figure out he was actually randomly killed (for no apparent reason to the plot) halfway through.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2017 11:49 PM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Originally posted by Arachnid1
*stupid *morons

kthx bye
I'm not sure if you didn't get the sarcasm, or I'm not getting yours...

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Feb 7th, 2017 12:13 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

I'm not sure if you didn't get the sarcasm, or I'm not getting yours...
You're not getting mine, but it was admittedly a pretty weak attempt on my part thumb up

PWNT

Old Post Feb 7th, 2017 12:31 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime

I was going to say the same thing.

By Stoic

Old Post Feb 7th, 2017 01:27 AM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote