KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Characters that had great potential

Characters that had great potential
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Characters that had great potential

Characters like Kyp Durron and Darth Cognus seem to almost be cast aside in Star wars. That is characters whose feats or actions indicate tremendous force ability, but are seldom used at all and who never got the story arc they deserve. What are some characters you've read about that had great power, or if they were non force sensitive were just interesting to read about?

Old Post May 27th, 2014 05:24 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fated Xtasy
Kami

Qu Rahn is one that comes to mind, as well as Ajunta Pall, Tulak Hord, Darth Sion(give us something showing him before he became lord of pain) and one who I think people horribly underrated is Jaden Korr he was like the Barsen'thor/HoT of the 2000s and people don't even take him seriously in Vs threads which kinda sucks

Old Post May 27th, 2014 05:51 PM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

I agree with Darth Cognus for sure.

Zelashiel the Blasphemer could also use his own story arc.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post May 27th, 2014 09:54 PM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PTforthewin
Restricted

Account Restricted

Dass Jennir

"When will you fools learn, no one escapes from Commander Fox!"

Old Post May 27th, 2014 10:14 PM
Click here to Send PTforthewin a Private Message Find more posts by PTforthewin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

quote:
What are some characters you've read about that had great power

Revan.
A videogame and a novel wasn't enough.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post May 27th, 2014 10:28 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PTforthewin
Restricted

Account Restricted

He was in swtor

Old Post May 27th, 2014 10:40 PM
Click here to Send PTforthewin a Private Message Find more posts by PTforthewin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PTforthewin
Restricted

Account Restricted

Revan should be in Star Wars rebels, helping the rebels out

Old Post May 27th, 2014 10:51 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

quote: (post)
Originally posted by PTforthewin
Revan should be in Star Wars rebels, helping the rebels out

(please log in to view the image)

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post May 28th, 2014 12:34 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

I don't think Revan is quite done yet, we all wanna know how he dies, obviously. I think Revan is going to take on a Full-Powered Vitiate at some point and defeat him, like they said, Vitiate DID die at some point, but how did he die? When? And who killed him? (Since he was immortal, he can't die unless killed, and I don't think Sickness counts either.)

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post May 28th, 2014 01:42 AM
Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

quote:
I think Revan is going to take on a Full-Powered Vitiate at some point and defeat him, like they said, Vitiate DID die at some point, but how did he die?

Finally, someone who understands. thumb up

Old Post May 28th, 2014 01:46 AM
PTforthewin
Restricted

Account Restricted

Revan is a overrated *****

Old Post May 28th, 2014 02:45 AM
NTJack0
Ranger

He's dead and done with, let's move on, I love Kotor 1/2 Revan, anything after is utter crap.

Old Post May 28th, 2014 03:00 AM
Click here to Send NTJack0 a Private Message Find more posts by NTJack0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

General Grievous.

Supposed to be a master strategist and badass fighter who can casually destroy council member-level Jedi. Is instead depicted as being a roughly knight to low-end master fighter and consistently displays Original Trilogy Imperial-level incompetence in the face of the heroes.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post May 28th, 2014 03:51 AM
Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PTforthewin
Restricted

Account Restricted

Grievous gets pwned by everyone except ahsoka

Old Post May 28th, 2014 04:21 AM
deathslash
Pyromaniacal Humanitarian

Grievous gets pwned by everyone except ahsoka
oh please. Up until Windu crushed his lungs, Grievous was a monster and had a priety impressive win/loss ratio.

Old Post May 29th, 2014 12:33 AM
Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathslash

Originally posted by Jmanghan
I don't think Revan is quite done yet, we all wanna know how he dies, obviously. I think Revan is going to take on a Full-Powered Vitiate at some point and defeat him, like they said, Vitiate DID die at some point, but how did he die? When? And who killed him? (Since he was immortal, he can't die unless killed, and I don't think Sickness counts either.)
I would like it if Revan killed Vitiate and instead decided to flee rhe planet and fade into obscurity.

Old Post May 29th, 2014 12:37 AM
Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PTforthewin
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by deathslash
oh please. Up until Windu crushed his lungs, Grievous was a monster and had a priety impressive win/loss ratio.
right... He still got trouble from season 1 ahsoka for a short time, plus grievous was only meant to be a badass for a short time.

Old Post May 29th, 2014 01:20 AM
deathslash

right... He still got trouble from season 1 ahsoka for a short time, plus grievous was only meant to be a badass for a short time.
You do realize that he fought ashoka after he got his lungs crushed by Windu right?

Old Post May 29th, 2014 07:33 AM
Nalaniel

Originally posted by deathslash
You do realize that he fought ashoka after he got his lungs crushed by Windu right?

No. The Battle of Coruscant took place in 19 BBY, when Ahsoka wasn't in the Jedi Order anymore.

Old Post May 29th, 2014 01:04 PM
Click here to Send Nalaniel a Private Message Find more posts by Nalaniel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ace Hambone

Originally posted by Tzeentch
General Grievous.

Supposed to be a master strategist...

Alas, there's not much military strategy in Star Wars - at least the movies.

The land armies line up against each other like it's the freakin Battle of Culloden or something - except with less strategy!

Old Post May 30th, 2014 05:47 AM
Click here to Send Ace Hambone a Private Message Find more posts by Ace Hambone Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote