KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » Does Pippin die in one scene?

Does Pippin die in one scene?
Started by: mir92

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
mir92

Question Does Pippin die in one scene?

At the part after Pippin touches the Plantir when he is laying on the ground, is he dead then brought to life by gandalf? I was under the impression he was dead at first because he is laying with his eyes open then gandalf closes his eyes with his hand...
Can anybody explain this to me?

- why is he laying with his eyes open?
-if not dead, why does gandalf put his hand over his eyes? Not to mention he responds to it like he's dead

Old Post May 30th, 2014 09:29 AM
mir92 is currently offline Click here to Send mir92 a Private Message Find more posts by mir92 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ungoliant

I always thought that too.
This is what I think:
Pippin was unconscious after he interacted with the Palantir.
Gandalf read Pippin's to find out if Pippin spoke with Sauron about Frodo and the Ring.

Gandalf can't even bring dead people to life, only the Valar can resurrect Maiar. This happened to Gandalf after he died with the Balrog.

Old Post May 30th, 2014 05:49 PM
Ungoliant is currently offline Click here to Send Ungoliant a Private Message Find more posts by Ungoliant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Death and reincarnation brushed over in just a second? Jackson is too competent a filmmaker do something so immensely retarded. Gandalf's death/reincarnation was treated with the time and weight appropriate to such a theme. Pippin falling still for a moment is not.

He was petrified and shocked from interacting with Sauron in such a manner. Not dead. Gandalf snapped him out of it because he's freaking Gandalf.

Old Post May 30th, 2014 07:36 PM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote