KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » Favourite fantasy land?

Favourite fantasy land?
Started by: Darth Abonis

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Abonis

Favourite fantasy land?

Which land from fiction is your favorite. It could be from any fantasy series or book.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2015 12:38 AM
Darth Abonis is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Abonis a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Abonis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Lesse, from a story, Dragaera from the Vlad Taltos books by Steven Burst. I really dig the society and magic there.

Though... not from a book series per se, D&D Planescape. It's so *weird* and awesome. Heck, Eberron's rather cool too.... RPGs do a nice job of worldbuilding since they're like 80% worldbuilding.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2015 08:41 AM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Dark Sun

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Dec 20th, 2015 02:55 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

Gilligan's Island

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Dec 28th, 2015 03:12 AM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Battletech universe, for purely nostalgic reasons.

Grew up playing Cresent Hawks Inception on an old Apple computer, and reading the books (Legend of the Jade Phoenix, Wolf Pack, Gray Death Legion, Arena.. Hardly comprehensive, and missed the Kerensky trilogy (Bought that at a library book sale a few years back) ).

To be honest, the writing is kind of full of cliches and bad writing, but hey, what childhood nostalgic fancy isn't lowbrow? smile

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Last edited by cdtm on Dec 31st, 2015 at 01:54 AM

Old Post Dec 31st, 2015 01:52 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Maz Cabrone
Candy Flipper

The Shire, Middle Earth. I love the vast landscape and the amazing people there.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2016 03:24 AM
Maz Cabrone is currently offline Click here to Send Maz Cabrone a Private Message Find more posts by Maz Cabrone Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

The land Star Wars and anime nerds live in, where Palpatine > all fiction and Goku can beat Superman.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2016 04:34 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Goku does beat Superman.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2016 06:46 PM
Trocity is currently offline Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Trocity
Goku does beat Superman.

And the tooth fairy gives out five dollars a tooth, and the clouds are made of chocolate milk, and Hillary Clinton is a good person.

I wish I could visit that fantasy land. wink

Old Post Nov 6th, 2016 07:06 PM
UCanShootMyNova

Randland.

"I worked Jack in" - DMB, Gchat, 2017.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2016 06:39 AM
UCanShootMyNova is currently offline Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

quote: (post)
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
Randland.

The land where a guy that can ki bomb a city block, give T'challa brain damage past his vibranium suit, and one shot KO Luke Cage (About three times) somehow still isn't beating the Bat family without their gear or prep? Yeah, I agree, Randland's a screwy place. wink

Old Post Nov 7th, 2016 06:57 PM
UCanShootMyNova

Nnnnnnngggg.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2016 08:26 AM
UCanShootMyNova is currently offline Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
surajvines
Restricted

Account Restricted

the guardians of the galaxy

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2017 08:53 AM
surajvines is currently offline Click here to Send surajvines a Private Message Find more posts by surajvines Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Goku shits on Superman.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2017 01:03 AM
Trocity is currently offline Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Steve Zodiac
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Land, Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_C...Thomas_Covenant

Old Post Aug 25th, 2017 03:51 PM
Steve Zodiac is currently offline Click here to Send Steve Zodiac a Private Message Find more posts by Steve Zodiac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I like Forgotten Realms. Motherf*cking Larloch b*tches.

Ravenloft too.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2017 04:55 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

All the fun Space Bars in the DCU.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2017 09:27 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sunset Phoenix
Daybreaker

Equestria becuz of the amazing world building the writers have done.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Sep 13th, 2017 07:09 PM
Sunset Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Sunset Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Sunset Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

Ooo's pretty cool as well.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2017 07:17 AM
Nuke Nixon
One Shot, One Kill

Azeroth

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 11:34 AM
Nuke Nixon is currently offline Click here to Send Nuke Nixon a Private Message Find more posts by Nuke Nixon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote