KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Who should be Spider-Man's next "MJ"?

Who should be Spider-Man's next "MJ"?
Started by: JayDaDon

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BruhMan
World Champion

Who should be Spider-Man's next "MJ"?

I was reading some old issues of spidey and it really got to me how mature the Spidey/MJ relationship.It may not even be possible to top that relationship but who do you think could come close or serve as a good replacement?

Old Post Jul 13th, 2014 07:32 PM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

He needs someone with powers capable of defending herself against the threats that he faces. This is why Mary Jane left him. She would also need to be able to cope with his personality, and intellect, so I think the best woman/women for him would be, either Dazzler, Monet St. Croix, or Misty Knight. All of which would benefit by being married to Peter, at least in terms of fame. Marvel has a huge stable of characters that rarely see the light of day, and when they do they usually come back out being more powerful than they were when they were created.

Didn't mean to rant, but yeah, I think that those 3 and perhaps maybe Kitty Pryde would make good partners for him. I'd also like to add the mental stability that they possess, and that it would be a horrible idea if Marvel went with the Black Cat and Spider Man love story.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2014 09:11 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Any woman aware of his history with the opposite sex would be smart to stay as far away from him as possible

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Jul 14th, 2014 12:45 PM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

Well the same should apply to Daredevil(x1000) Batman, Kyle Rayner and countless others lol.

But yeah, I agree with Stoic. I always thought a relationship with Jessica drew would be so much fun. It was also clear during the period of MJ's apparent "death" that Jill Stacy wanted Peter badly. They could always bring her back and have peter struggle with the fact that she's Gwen's cousin. Then there's Silver sable who admitted she has feelings for him. I also agree about the black cat. She should remain the sidechick lol

Old Post Jul 14th, 2014 02:27 PM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

Sable is a good pick. Jessica would just be hilarious. But if I had to choose someone it'd be Ms. Marvel (or Captain or whatever name she goes by now). Several writers did a good job establishing a connection between the two. And although it wasn't romantic yet it was made clear than Carol likes Pete and I really enjoyed their chemistry.

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2014 04:28 PM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

I was hoping you would find this thread Sam lol. What would you think of Jill stacy? I was surprised how much marvel was shipping the idea of that relationship even while MJ was still in the picture

Old Post Jul 14th, 2014 06:26 PM
BruhMan
World Champion

Or even a revisiting of the betty brant relationship could be seen interesting. They're both very different people now than when the first got together.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2014 06:28 PM
Bentley
Seitei

Valeria Richards shifty

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Jul 14th, 2014 06:35 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pym-ftw
Mizukage

Janet depending on how old she is this week

I'm not Joking, Boy
Ignore list: Abhi for the sake of the forum.
53>6.6
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GCAMfDmX86o
My YouTube

Old Post Jul 15th, 2014 05:06 AM
pym-ftw is currently offline Click here to Send pym-ftw a Private Message Find more posts by pym-ftw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Jill Stacy comes with all kinds of baggage, dating back to the classic early Spidey stories. Perfect for Peter.
His love life should never be simple.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2014 11:16 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ProjectCornDog

Someone with powers. I feel like that dynamic is more interesting then a damsel in distress.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2014 12:38 PM
ProjectCornDog is currently offline Click here to Send ProjectCornDog a Private Message Find more posts by ProjectCornDog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

She doesnt have to be the latter if she's not the former.
Thats lazy writing.

Which means its likely to happen, actually...

Old Post Jul 15th, 2014 02:31 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

quote: (post)
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Janet depending on how old she is this week

Actually I would love to see that too if he were going for a superpowered relationship.

Edit, she's probably around 10 years older. Maybe she's a cougar lol

Last edited by BruhMan on Jul 15th, 2014 at 02:49 PM

Old Post Jul 15th, 2014 02:44 PM
SamZED

quote: (post)
Originally posted by JayDaDon
I was hoping you would find this thread Sam lol. What would you think of Jill stacy? I was surprised how much marvel was shipping the idea of that relationship even while MJ was still in the picture
lol you know I can't miss a Spidey thread.

Tbh I'd rather they left the Stacy family alone, it's already overly complicated as it is. "Gwen's cousin" would complicate it even more. If I had the power I'd retcon Gwen's affair with Norman as rape.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2014 04:32 PM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cosmic_Beings
Restricted

Account Restricted

Psylocke

Old Post Jul 16th, 2014 04:37 PM
Cosmic_Beings is currently offline Click here to Send Cosmic_Beings a Private Message Find more posts by Cosmic_Beings Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

^ Yup lol but that would probably never happen, he deserves it after all hes been through lol

Old Post Jul 16th, 2014 08:39 PM
Stoic
Avenger

Janet is probably the same age. none of these people ever age. I mean look at Franklin Richards. He's is still a child after 30 years. Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers) would probably never go for him. I was under the impression that she wasn't into the comedy routine that comes with Spider Man, but you never know.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2014 12:16 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

I don't know, it seemed to me Carol was more interested in Pete than the other way around even.
True, they never age.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2014 01:19 PM
BruhMan
World Champion

Yeah but they have age ranges they tend to stay around. I would say Pete is probably eternally 25-27, same with Human torch, iceman, kitty pride. They were the original kids or "sidekicks" and I would say Janet and those guys were around that 25-27 age when they got started. So based on her history she should be atleast mid 30's. Which wouldn't be bad either way for Pete.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2014 09:21 PM
SamZED

Well it looks like ASM 4 just introduced a new candidate.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2014 04:59 PM