KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » X-Men » Gambit-Mutant Level?

Gambit-Mutant Level?
Started by: MelloDraMattIc

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
MelloDraMattIc
Sherriff Of Emo Town.

Gambit-Mutant Level?

Okay, so my friend and I were talking, and was telling me how Gambit was an Omega-Level Mutant.

I love (read: am obsessed with) Gambit, but I don't think that he's that powerful. I read on wikipedia that he was an Alpha-level mutant, but I'm not sure...

Can anyone tell me which it is?

Old Post Aug 30th, 2008 12:02 AM
MelloDraMattIc is currently offline Click here to Send MelloDraMattIc a Private Message Find more posts by MelloDraMattIc Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celestialdemon
Down from the Upside

He's never been confirmed as Omega, so he has to be considered Alpha for now. Your friend is probably referring to his alternate version New Son. That guy could definitely be considered Omega, but if I remember correctly, Gambit will never reach those levels due to some circumstance.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2008 02:48 AM
celestialdemon is currently offline Click here to Send celestialdemon a Private Message Find more posts by celestialdemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

I think gambit should charge Wolverines claws so that he can't do anymore shitty movie's or comics

Old Post Aug 31st, 2008 01:22 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MelloDraMattIc
Sherriff Of Emo Town.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
I think gambit should charge Wolverines claws so that he can't do anymore shitty movie's or comics

Haha, that would be awesome.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2008 03:56 AM
MelloDraMattIc is currently offline Click here to Send MelloDraMattIc a Private Message Find more posts by MelloDraMattIc Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rox

Originally posted by ragesRemorse

wolvies claws are unbreakable so nothing would happen, besides wolvie slicing him into a million pieces

Old Post Sep 1st, 2008 06:39 AM
rox is currently offline Click here to Send rox a Private Message Find more posts by rox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Now And Forever
Evolution Leaps Forward

Originally posted by MelloDraMattIc
Haha, that would be awesome.

Agreed laughing out loud

Old Post Sep 1st, 2008 07:16 PM
Now And Forever is currently offline Click here to Send Now And Forever a Private Message Find more posts by Now And Forever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rianna_d

Wasn't he Omega at first? , and then after Sinister's surgery he went to Alpha, right?

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2008 12:57 AM
rianna_d is currently offline Click here to Send rianna_d a Private Message Find more posts by rianna_d Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celestialdemon
Down from the Upside

Originally posted by rianna_d
Wasn't he Omega at first? , and then after Sinister's surgery he went to Alpha, right?

Never officially confirmed.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2008 01:24 AM
celestialdemon is currently offline Click here to Send celestialdemon a Private Message Find more posts by celestialdemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SuperiorTech

Gambit has never been an omega to my knowledge.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2008 03:48 AM
SuperiorTech is currently offline Click here to Send SuperiorTech a Private Message Find more posts by SuperiorTech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JaydonPhoenix

New Son was, I believe, Omega...as he could travel time, and control energy much in the way and level of complexity as Vulcan. But obviously this didn't do him much good, as his "inferior" counterpart (616 Gambit) simply overloaded him on power and destroyed him.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2008 10:14 AM
JaydonPhoenix is currently offline Click here to Send JaydonPhoenix a Private Message Find more posts by JaydonPhoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JaydonPhoenix

Originally posted by rox
wolvies claws are unbreakable so nothing would happen, besides wolvie slicing him into a million pieces

That's arguable, I'm not so sure that any solid matter that IS in fact a metal would not be effected by certain energy based phenomona that occurs on a cellular level. But either way, I'm sure Remy would still sleep and never wake up again, if he tried this.

There again, you need only superheat Wolverine's skeleton to not only cause immense searing pain, but also burn away the rest of his actual body, leaving behind a lifeless adamantium skeleton and killing him...and superheating may be the result of Gambit's powers when used on Wolverine, if the molecular consistancy of adamantium is somehow too dense for Gambit's powers to take their usual effect. I don't see how, after all Gambit's powers only convert potential kinetic energy into actual kinetic energy, and Wolverine's skeleton CAN indeed move.

Last edited by JaydonPhoenix on Sep 4th, 2008 at 10:19 AM

Old Post Sep 4th, 2008 10:16 AM
JaydonPhoenix is currently offline Click here to Send JaydonPhoenix a Private Message Find more posts by JaydonPhoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MelloDraMattIc
Sherriff Of Emo Town.

Originally posted by rianna_d

Yeah, that's what I thought...I'm confused now.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2008 12:00 AM
JaydonPhoenix

I'm not sure if Gambit was Omega before Sinister's surgery on him, but I do know that Sinister performed such a surgery to help Gambit gain control of his powers.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2008 12:30 AM
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

Re: Gambit-Mutant Level?

Originally posted by MelloDraMattIc
Okay, so my friend and I were talking, and was telling me how Gambit was an Omega-Level Mutant.

I love (read: am obsessed with) Gambit, but I don't think that he's that powerful. I read on wikipedia that he was an Alpha-level mutant, but I'm not sure...

Can anyone tell me which it is?
alpha, with most of the better known powerful mutants.

some of the criteria for omega are;

-physical mutation of any kind. gambit's eyes are black with red oddly-shaped pupils, that cannot be hidden unless he wears contacts.

the thing with it is that mutations are somewhat debilitating, for instance remy wouldn't be able to get a normal job if his employer were an anti-mutant supporter and happened to look into his eyes. nightcrawler has the same problem, but obviously more noticeable.

-infinite potential. omega class mutants on top of totally passing for human also have to have the capacity to control energies of many kinds or a vast array of power's that apparently have no limit. ie. scarlet witch.

gambit in a future time line has ascended to "new son", a being that can control kinetic energy with a vast array of possibilities and control, even altering the timestream. that obviously puts him in the omega class bracket.

as he is now, even with the portion of brain that sinister removed from him, he is not at new son levels, maybe with time and training he can get there. as new son he can alter his appearance definitely, that gets rid of any non-human appearances needed to be an official omega.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2008 04:25 PM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackZero30x
Jack

gambit isent omega yet and i doubt he will be...new sun was omega and some may argue that remy was with his powers being refilled to normal although that wasent even omega...while the powers he has shown for a long time arent his full powers....after what he did to stop new sun he will never gain any higher then what he is now

BlackZero30X:The Signatures XBL Gamertag

Old Post Nov 11th, 2008 11:58 AM
BlackZero30x is currently offline Click here to Send BlackZero30x a Private Message Find more posts by BlackZero30x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

Your either omega or your not, you can not become omega level unless through pheniox forces

Old Post Nov 11th, 2008 05:56 PM
Dum Dum Dugan is currently offline Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackZero30x
Jack

Originally posted by Battlehammer
Your either omega or your not, you can not become omega level unless through phoenix forces

gambits a special case because at his original power set he could charge objects without touching them and he could charge living flesh ect...and now he can never have that power again because of how he stopped new sun...and new sun was created when remy(from another universe)was charged with all of that mystical energy that combined its self with his own original powers....but even before he reached new sun level he was strong i mean this alternate version kept all of his power and killed the phoenix of that universe so he was pretty powerful even without becoming new sun, so i would say new sun defiantly was omega level.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2008 08:58 PM
BlackZero30x is currently offline Click here to Send BlackZero30x a Private Message Find more posts by BlackZero30x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

yes but he was never an omega

Old Post Nov 15th, 2008 04:24 AM
Dum Dum Dugan is currently offline Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackZero30x
Jack

yes but he was never an omega

and yes i never said other wise all i meant was it would be impossible for him to become omega because this gambit can never become new sun.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2008 05:04 AM
The Big O
The Original O

Your either omega or your not, you can not become omega level unless through pheniox forces
that's not true. franklin richards, iceman, mr.m, mr. immortal, elixer and vulcan are all omega level and they were hosts for the phoenix force.

In the mean time, I never DID see that anime where I unintentionally got my name from. Is it any good

Old Post Nov 15th, 2008 07:11 AM
The Big O is currently offline Click here to Send The Big O a Private Message Find more posts by The Big O Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote