KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Anakin Lost His Arm in Ep. II...

Anakin Lost His Arm in Ep. II...
Started by: JediLikeToDance

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
JediLikeToDance

Anakin Lost His Arm in Ep. II...

...umm, yeah. He evenly duels Dooku until George was like "okay, Anakin needs to lose his arm now". So when Dooku does a little dance, instead of taking advantage of the moment and eliminating Dooku (and quoting Obi-Wan, should they kill him they could end the war then and there), Anakin just stands there holding his saber in a ridiculous pose. He allows Dooku to do a dance and chop off his arm (and if you watch it in slo-mo, you'll see that actually Anakin spreads out his arm so that Dooku can chop it off with ease. Talk about giving the old man a break!). Poor guy; if I didn't know better I would have guessed that he wanted to lose an arm. Seriously, he spreads out his arm as Dooku does the twirl. Watch it and provide me with feedback! smile

My favorite part of ROTS was where Palp revealed himself. He took out the Jedi in the best possible way. They were wimps! So he just sticks all of 'em as they scream and I was laughing, just thinking about Mace watching his poor friends go down. My favorite quote was "You, sir, are under arrest!" The pathetic guy just lost 3 friends to the ultimate sith lord, just had a crazy 1o1 duel with the dude and he was going to "arrest" him? Let's face it, Mace sucks.

The Jedi suck.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2005 03:18 AM
Click here to Send JediLikeToDance a Private Message Find more posts by JediLikeToDance Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Dooku used the force push to have Anakin hold out his arms cause he tried to push him back but Anakin sort of blocked but that gave Dooku the chance to slice and dice and win.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2005 03:39 AM
Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soren the Mage
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Anakin Lost His Arm in Ep. II...

quote: (post)
Originally posted by JediLikeToDance
...umm, yeah. He evenly duels Dooku until George was like "okay, Anakin needs to lose his arm now". So when Dooku does a little dance, instead of taking advantage of the moment and eliminating Dooku (and quoting Obi-Wan, should they kill him they could end the war then and there), Anakin just stands there holding his saber in a ridiculous pose. He allows Dooku to do a dance and chop off his arm (and if you watch it in slo-mo, you'll see that actually Anakin spreads out his arm so that Dooku can chop it off with ease. Talk about giving the old man a break!). Poor guy; if I didn't know better I would have guessed that he wanted to lose an arm. Seriously, he spreads out his arm as Dooku does the twirl. Watch it and provide me with feedback! smile

My favorite part of ROTS was where Palp revealed himself. He took out the Jedi in the best possible way. They were wimps! So he just sticks all of 'em as they scream and I was laughing, just thinking about Mace watching his poor friends go down. My favorite quote was "You, sir, are under arrest!" The pathetic guy just lost 3 friends to the ultimate sith lord, just had a crazy 1o1 duel with the dude and he was going to "arrest" him? Let's face it, Mace sucks.

The Jedi suck.

I'm sure Anakin wanted to lose his arm. He probably faked the scream too. Maybe it wasn't a scream, but a laugh! Hell, maybe the scream was actually a force power called "Force fake a scream that is actually a laugh".

A Dance? Oh yeah! That's right! The special spaniard dance called "Form II"! Holy, he must have taken some serious dance lessons to learn that kind of hardcore shit!

Try better next time, Foo!

An Ancient Prophecy . . . The deity shall walk forth . . .

Old Post Jul 14th, 2005 05:30 AM
Click here to Send Soren the Mage a Private Message Find more posts by Soren the Mage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kremzike
Max Rebo's roadie

I tried to learn that dance one time, but all I did was hit my funny bone.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2005 05:54 AM
Click here to Send kremzike a Private Message Find more posts by kremzike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Anakin screamed when he lost his arm? I didn't hear it. All I heard was *climactic music* Vwum! Thud...

Yes, nice dance, that. Mating dance, actually. Quite attractive to the Sith Lords.

Why are we discussing the loss of Anakin's arm in Episode II if this is the Episode III forum?

Old Post Jul 14th, 2005 06:19 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Collector
Whatever

Hmmm, confusing Form 2 with a dance, not knowing that Dooku could have used the force to stretch his arm out for him to slice, I say your very badly informed.

I find it hard to tell you
I find it hard to take

Come Join Me At Vicious Intent p.m me if you join

Old Post Jul 14th, 2005 06:22 AM
Click here to Send The Collector a Private Message Find more posts by The Collector Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

They could have at least made it look better. Dooku didn't make any silly hand gestures that usually go with powers, so he didn't use the Force to stretch him out. He only Force pushed him after he had flayed off his arm.

And why does it say banned in your avy, Darth?

Old Post Jul 14th, 2005 06:23 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Originally posted by Captain REX
They could have at least made it look better. Dooku didn't make any silly hand gestures that usually go with powers, so he didn't use the Force to stretch him out. He only Force pushed him after he had flayed off his arm.

And why does it say banned in your avy, Darth?

Because he wanted it to say Restricted, but he can't stick out tongue.

Now, I hate watching Episodes II and III together, look where Anakin's arm get cut off...ABOVE the elbow...look in Episode III, the cybernetic arm is BELOW the elbow, plus it doesn't look anything like the hand at the end of Episode II.

Now...moving to Episode II forum.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2005 07:57 AM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediLikeToDance

Originally posted by Darth Zenemij
Hmmm, confusing Form 2 with a dance, not knowing that Dooku could have used the force to stretch his arm out for him to slice, I say your very badly informed.

Sorry, I'm pretty ignorant about the various "forms" and the force; I don't invest a whole lot of time in one man's creation that has a whole lot of inconsistencies. smile

You just want to make an excuse for a poorly done fight scene. Well, go ahead; in my opinion the fight scene wasn't bad, don't get me wrong; they just made the ending look really pathetic.

Oh yeah. The part about using the force to stretch his arm out is total BS. big grin

Old Post Jul 14th, 2005 08:00 AM
Click here to Send JediLikeToDance a Private Message Find more posts by JediLikeToDance Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DenKi

they should of made it more clearer, we should of seen Dooku use the force and hold Anakin or somthing then slice of his hand, instead of Anakin just standing still and letting dooku chop of his arm.......................

Old Post Jul 14th, 2005 08:43 AM
Click here to Send DenKi a Private Message Find more posts by DenKi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediLikeToDance

Originally posted by DenKi
they should of made it more clearer, we should of seen Dooku use the force and hold Anakin or somthing then slice of his hand, instead of Anakin just standing still and letting dooku chop of his arm.......................

I think it was just a screw-up. I don't think George intended there to be any force powers involved there until Dooku actually force pushes Anakin AFTER he chops off his arm. Anakin is just standing there like an idiot waiting for his arm to be cut off because they screwed up the scene. You guys are just all too caught up in Star Wars and would rather not pick it apart (although some of you have done worse than this). wink Which I can understand, considering some of you live for the story of a galaxy far, far away. Just remember that Star Wars II is regarded as one of the worst in the saga, so why defend it? Aren't most of you embarassed that this movie bears the title "STAR WARS"? In that case, why think up theories to cover up a director's shortcomings? Y'all are too nice to George. wink

Old Post Jul 14th, 2005 10:38 AM
yerssot

I thought so too when I saw it, and still see it...
He had considering his abilities a lot of opportunity to kill Dooku but just... stands there when Dooku does a few twists and then simply can cut off his arm

Old Post Jul 14th, 2005 03:21 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darht dude

he left him self open thats why his arm was cut of

Old Post Jul 14th, 2005 06:29 PM
Click here to Send darht dude a Private Message Find more posts by darht dude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Collector
Whatever

Originally posted by Captain REX]
And why does it say banned in your avy, Darth? [/B]

I just put banned underneath it for no reason really.

I find it hard to tell you
I find it hard to take

Come Join Me At Vicious Intent p.m me if you join

Old Post Jul 14th, 2005 06:50 PM
Click here to Send The Collector a Private Message Find more posts by The Collector Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Originally posted by kremzike
I tried to learn that dance one time, but all I did was hit my funny bone.

laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

Old Post Jul 14th, 2005 08:03 PM
Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Commander Duck
The Expendable Jedi

Originally posted by darht dude
he left him self open thats why his arm was cut of

No, really? wink

Old Post Jul 14th, 2005 10:16 PM
Click here to Send Commander Duck a Private Message Find more posts by Commander Duck Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
b-dan
Son of Sparda

Re: Anakin Lost His Arm in Ep. II...

Originally posted by JediLikeToDance

sith rule!!
The Jedi suck.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2005 10:23 PM
Click here to Send b-dan a Private Message Find more posts by b-dan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediLikeToDance

You added "sith rule!" to my quote, dude.

You suck. big grin

Old Post Jul 15th, 2005 01:23 AM
Darth Kronos
Restricted

Account Restricted

What the f**k?

Old Post Jul 15th, 2005 05:20 AM
Click here to Send Darth Kronos a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Kronos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediLikeToDance

Originally posted by Darth Kronos
What the f**k?

That's right dude. Hope you had fun making a nice purple face. laughing

....Ummm, could this be an opportune time to say OWNAGE? big grin

Old Post Jul 15th, 2005 10:47 AM