KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Why do Marvel Animations suck?

Why do Marvel Animations suck?
Started by: janus77

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
janus77
Banana Genius

Why do Marvel Animations suck?

Seriously, why are Marvel so crap at animated films?
DC make some awesome stuff, even when their movies aren't quite all that. They have intelligent, fairly adult animations with strong plotting and characterisation.

I don't even like Superman but they make him interesting and when they pair him up with Batman or Wonder Woman the chemistry isn't reduced to simple ABC routines and cringe-worthy one-liners.

Yet Marvel's recent IM stuff is just awful, especially the IM - Captain America film. Even Hulk animations (apart from Hulk vs Thor and Planet Hulk) are pretty boring and childish.

Anyway, just puzzled at why Marvel are so shockingly poor with the medium whilst having some awesome movies.

Are you a Glinting Bastard?

Old Post Aug 10th, 2014 11:21 PM
janus77 is currently offline Click here to Send janus77 a Private Message Find more posts by janus77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Maybe all their talent is focused on the marvel cinematic universe

Old Post Aug 10th, 2014 11:31 PM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Wasn't Avengers good?

Old Post Aug 10th, 2014 11:35 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
janus77
Banana Genius

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Golgo13
Wasn't Avengers good?

They made an Avengers animated film? Recently?

I'm comparing DC animated films against Marvel ones. And I think Marvel fall short, significantly short.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2014 11:39 PM
janus77 is currently offline Click here to Send janus77 a Private Message Find more posts by janus77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Marvel's had good movies but more bland showings than DC for sure.
Sad really, as their characters are just great.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2014 11:42 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
janus77
Banana Genius

Originally posted by Inhuman
Maybe all their talent is focused on the marvel cinematic universe

Still find it puzzling.

When they have the stories, characters and characterisation already done for them (in the case of Planet Hulk), they still manage to take the drama and substance out of the story and leave you with a very poor rendition of it. And that's one of their better recent animated films.

Something like the dross IM - Hulk united or the BW - Punisher animated film, is just difficult to understand happening.

Is there nobody at Marvel who can just simply translate the colour s and lines on a page of comics, into moving lines and colours and add some voice and direction magic to bring together something that's good?

Old Post Aug 10th, 2014 11:43 PM
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Originally posted by janus77
Still find it puzzling.

When they have the stories, characters and characterisation already done for them (in the case of Planet Hulk), they still manage to take the drama and substance out of the story and leave you with a very poor rendition of it. And that's one of their better recent animated films.

Something like the dross IM - Hulk united or the BW - Punisher animated film, is just difficult to understand happening.

Is there nobody at Marvel who can just simply translate the colour s and lines on a page of comics, into moving lines and colours and add some voice and direction magic to bring together something that's good?

I get what you are saying but it takes more than that imo.

Getting the right voice actors. Getting the right animators, the right editors, setting the right atmosphere, and putting in the right music and sounds effects is very important. I may be forgetting some other aspects as well, but all those things matter into making a good animated film.
You can get away with 1 or 2 of those things being just decent, but If one or 2 of those is bad then it hurts the film as a whole.

Thats what DC animated movies have over Marvel.

Last edited by Inhuman on Aug 11th, 2014 at 12:04 AM

Old Post Aug 11th, 2014 12:01 AM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ProjectCornDog

DC basically takes some of their best stories and make them into accurate film depictions.

Marvel makes original plots, and they are constantly replacing who writes/directs these movies so there is absolutely no fluidity.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2014 12:45 AM
ProjectCornDog is currently offline Click here to Send ProjectCornDog a Private Message Find more posts by ProjectCornDog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Ah, nicely put.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2014 12:52 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WhiteWitchKing

Marvel movies = Kevin Feige
DC movies = Zack Snyder

Marvel animated = ?
DC animated: Bruce Tim

Old Post Aug 11th, 2014 01:44 AM
WhiteWitchKing is currently offline Click here to Send WhiteWitchKing a Private Message Find more posts by WhiteWitchKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Marvel isn;t really worried about their animated films, IMO.. They just wanna focus on their live action films with great success

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Aug 11th, 2014 03:11 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

The first step for better animation from Marvel is finally firing Jeph Loeb.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2014 04:02 AM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Femi32

Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
DC movies = Zack Snyder

Marvel animated = ?

What if:

DC movies = Bruce Timm

cool

As far as Marvel animated goes, it's what everyone stated. They aren't using their best stories and the new ones they have are catering to young children. I can't stand the new cartoons they have right now.

It would be so cool to see an animated Phoenix saga done right.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2014 06:01 AM
Femi32 is currently offline Click here to Send Femi32 a Private Message Find more posts by Femi32 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

The Doctor Strange movie that they did was decent, Far more better then the Iron Man one that they did which got released around the same time.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2014 06:49 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
DC movies = Zack Snyder

Marvel animated = ?

Correction:

DC movies = ?

Zack Synder is just a director. He's not in charge of the DCCU. That would be ???

Old Post Aug 11th, 2014 07:45 AM
Darth Thor is online now! Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Not all Marvel animated movies suck. That's a generalization. Granted, DC has a much better track record in the animated department.

I highly recommend Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes to anyone wanting good Marvel animated stuff. Think it only ran for 2 seasons before being turned into (the no where near as good) Avengers: Assemble.

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post Aug 13th, 2014 03:19 AM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Femi32

Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
Not all Marvel animated movies suck. That's a generalization. Granted, DC has a much better track record in the animated department.

I highly recommend Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes to anyone wanting good Marvel animated stuff. Think it only ran for 2 seasons before being turned into (the no where near as good) Avengers: Assemble.

sad. I miss Earth's Mightest Heroes. They were going to have Surtur and do so man things I've never read/heard from the comics!

sad

Old Post Aug 13th, 2014 03:59 AM
Femi32 is currently offline Click here to Send Femi32 a Private Message Find more posts by Femi32 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb

EMH was Awesome.

Like I said they need to make good animated Series for tv again. They won't bother putting effort into Direct to Blu-Ray movies, because there's probably no money in it. Only fans will see them and even most of them will likely just download.

Not sure where WB gets the motivation to keep up the quality for their animated movies. And wish they would start a new animated series. I miss Young Justice.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2014 07:55 AM
Darth Thor is online now! Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WhiteWitchKing

Except for EMH, most of Marvel's animated series these days suck. Wolverine and the X-Men was a snore.

I don't wanna speak of Marvel animation anymore so here's a clip of Phase 1 & Phase 2 as a distraction. This is the house that Marvel has built!

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2014 01:15 AM
WhiteWitchKing is currently offline Click here to Send WhiteWitchKing a Private Message Find more posts by WhiteWitchKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

Spectacular Spider-man was awesome too.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2014 03:34 AM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote