KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Unhosted Role Plays » The Order of Magick - Role Play

The Order of Magick - Role Play
Started by: MadMel

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
MadMel
Heh

The Order of Magick - Role Play

Before the rise of the Order of Magick, all magick users were widely regarded with fear across the kingdom of Algara. Often treated like madmen, or worse, animals, wizards would band together in secret, passing down their knowledge from generation to generation. But no matter how unobtrusive they may try to be, magick users everywhere were hunted down, and publicly tortured and executed, often in the most grotesque ways imaginable.
That was of course, before the Great War. A vast kingdom from across the sea tried to conquer all of Algara. They would have succeeded, too, if not for the heroism of several great wizards. Those who studied their arts in total secrecy to avoid persecution suddenly revealed themselves, and almost single handedly forced the invaders back to the sea, bringing peace to the kingdom. Ever since, Wizards everywhere were treated with admiration and reverence, and the king himself, Balthier II, approved of the creation of a society where all magick users could come together and share their knowledge, and as one, answer the call, should they ever be needed to protect the kingdom again. Thus, the Order of Magick was born.

(please log in to view the image)

Castle Eldraza. Some time after its founding, the Order of Magick used their hard won wealth and influence to claim the great fortress and its surrounding lands and villages, all for the purpose of giving the Order a place to study, practice and teach in peace. Even though wizards were far better accepted by the people than before, they were still treated with fear by many, and so the peace brought by Eldraza’s high walls was a blessing to all wizards, who could now share their knowledge and magicks without fear of persecution.
Many times over the centuries, a great threat would rise up to threaten all of Algara, and the Order would respond by sending their best and brightest to quell the danger. However, their most important mission by far was to search out young wizards to train. The death toll for wizards sent on missions for the crown was exceptional, and it was vital that the next generation of magick users were found and given the proper training, lest the Order die out altogether. Fortunately, young wizards are always easy to find. The birth of one’s magick is never subtle, and after the second or third explosion, even the most stubborn and superstitious parents willingly give their child to the Order to train.
At first, young wizards never get to see the inside of Castle Eldraza. Instead, they are housed in the nearby town of the same name, and taught the basics of magick. When wizards come of age, they spend the remainder of their studying life inside the castle itself, where they can draw upon the vast libraries for knowledge, and practice in the courtyards under the careful supervision of their teachers. When their schooling is complete, a wizard can choose his own path. Some decide to stay in the castle to learn more. Others move into the surrounding towns, and become part of the ever growing community of wizards. Others still go exploring, traveling around the kingdom to learn more about the world around them. However, more often than not, it is the graduates who are chosen by the Order to go on missions for the kingdom. Younger, fitter and more eager than the elders who taught them, magick graduates take the plunge into danger, going on mission after mission until they too feel the weight of age settle upon them, and they retire to teach the next generation. And so life in the Order goes on…

Alexander Kalhazred III, better known as Kal, one of the newest graduates of the Order, was fuming. He moved through the corridors of Castle Eldraza like a storm cloud, and glaring at all who looked at him with crimson eyes, his ever present cane hitting the ground with an unnecessarily loud thunk! Those who knew Kal were aware of his uncommon displays of rage, for they were always memorable, despite, or perhaps because of their rarity. This time, Kal was angry with the council of elders who presided over his most recent debate, and most especially, he was angry with his opponent, a verbal fountain of traditionalist nonsense more than twice Kal’s age, named Belmont, who refused to let the younger wizard get a single word out before slandering his theories and arguments.
Debates were a common occurrence in the Order. The most respected and learned wizards would often discuss things of great interest, drawings crowds as large or even larger than those seen in the stands of dueling arenas. This debate was not of immense importance. Belmont had challenged one of Kal’s theses (which deserved a medal, as far as Kal was concerned), calling it 'controversial meddling of basic forces.' To his credit, Kal had kept calm throughout the debate; even though he could see the council had already made up its mind to favor Belmont. He presented his arguments as best as he could, but after the old fool repeated for the third time 'why can’t a fireball just be a fireball?' he finally lost his temper. The young graduate conjured a fireball above his hand the size of a man’s head, and after several seconds’ concentration, condensed the ball and turned it into an intense beam of energy, which shot across the room, hitting a torch attached to the far wall. Rather than igniting the torch, however, the whole thing disintegrated, bracket and all, falling to the floor as a pile of ash and smoke. Without another word, Kal had left the room, ignoring the cries of surprise and 'how rude!'
Kal turned a corner, leaving the castle and stepping out into one of the many training grounds, looking for a quiet place to meditate, or more likely, let off steam. It was probably a good thing he was being sent away on a mission the very next day. He didn’t think hearing the rumors about how the one of the most distinguished new graduates of his generation had made a fool of himself in front of a council would please him any more than the debate itself had. Without realizing it, Kal had found himself standing outside one of the smaller dueling rings, an elevated circular patch of sand with a wooden border. The rules of this arena were simple - Knock your opponent out of the ring using as few spells as possible. “Why did my troubled mind lead me here?” he wondered aloud, a sarcastic smile appearing on his face.

Last edited by MadMel on Jun 16th, 2012 at 04:34 AM

Old Post Jun 16th, 2012 04:30 AM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Big O
The Original O

Not wanting to be bothered, Thane Druddigan had been in the training grounds with only his thoughts keeping him company. Other than a dueling area, the training area was an excellent place to get some thinking done. Thane had learned a few years ago that for about an hour a day, this area was empty and free to use.

Any other day, Thane would be out here trying to make a spell that would allow him to create a mirror that could be used as a divination tool that he could speak to his family with. But today, he was completely and totally lost in his thoughts as he laid in the middle of one of the dueling stages.

He was bare-footed as usual and had a piece of wheat in his mouth. His sleeveless arms were folded behind his head as he laid facing the sky with his legs crossed. He was completely comfortable laying on the ground in his brown, leather-like vest and green shorts. Looking at the sky brought so many thoughts to mind.

He had just graduated and was informed that he was selected to go out on his first mission. He was trying to figure out what he was feeling. Accomplishment at graduating? Excitement because of his upcoming mission? Fear of the unknown? He didn't know but he had to figure something out. He couldn't risk being caught off guard tomorrow.

Tomorrow would be the first day of the rest of his life. No more teachers would be yelling at him. He had no more exams looming over his head. And most importantly of all, he would no longer be confined behind these walls. He was a free-spirit and was never meant to be contained. His powers proved as much demonstrated by their sheer destructiveness. At the thought of this, Thane could feel a smile creep across his face.

Tomorrow marked the first day that his name would start to become associated with legends. People from all over would start to speak the name Thane Druddigan with either reverence, fear, admiration, envy or all of the aforementioned. His family would finally be able to say that he was doing something important. A spontaneous giggle bubble up out of him.

He was excited. Why could he not tell before? With all the years of training under his belt, no goblin, troll, or golem would be able to withstand his power. He could no longer lay down for he was was getting to excited. As he stood up, he just stood still for a short while before letting out a loud and joyous whoop.

In all his excitement, he hadn't known that someone gad invaded his space.

In the mean time, I never DID see that anime where I unintentionally got my name from. Is it any good

Old Post Jun 17th, 2012 05:49 AM
The Big O is currently offline Click here to Send The Big O a Private Message Find more posts by The Big O Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
starryknight

Raven was sitting in the back of the bleachers where on lookers could watch duels, no one was there of course it was still too early for anyone to be here for a match. The frost wizard needed time to think, with graduation came the missions and with the missions she would have to leave the only place she knew as home...it had been so long since she left the safety of the surrounding town, let alone the castle walls.

The ice wizard heard some one walk in and lay down in the middle of the arena at first she thought it might be a drifter wondering in and looking for a home to call hes own. But quickly realizing that was most likely impossible, she took a closer look and saw it was a fellow wizard, one who she had graduated with and would most likely be going on the mission tomorrow. Raven was about to say something but then thought she had waited too long and it would just be weird and he'd probably think she was watching him lay there looking at the sky and probably thinking dirty things about him. She again thought that was mostly unlikely and stood up when she notice another would be drifter walk in then suddenly the boy in the arena let out a very ghastly wail, "A challenger," she said fisting her palm with a weird look of confidence on her face.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2012 07:03 AM
starryknight is currently offline Click here to Send starryknight a Private Message Find more posts by starryknight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

"That did not sound like a cry of challenge to me," Kal said, a look of absoloute bemusement on his face, his troubles temporarily forgotten in the face of such obscurity. "Actually, I have no idea what that was supposed to be," he continued, looking directly at Thane. "What, exactly, has made you so noisy?" he asked, a small smile creeping onto his face. "Do you find lying in the sand so amusing? Or are you perhaps impatient for tomorrow to come?"

Old Post Jun 17th, 2012 09:46 AM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Big O
The Original O

Thane brushed himself off as he spoke. "Its funny that you ask that, Kal. I was just pondering that." He looked to Raven and continued, "We have been at this school many years and have seen more wizards come and go than we can count. Finally, it is our turn to be the ones people speak about. It is now our turn to show our mettle. Our turn to become legends."

Thane looked his two former classmates in their faces with such anticipation, he was sure they could feel it emanating from his pores. "This is a joyous occasion indeed, friends. Why not shout for joy? Of course we could be killed in the most gruesome of ways by the most foulest of evil but that is why I am so excited.

"I do not possess foretelling magicks, so I cannot predict the future. And that is what has me feeling lighter than air. We do not know what's out there. True, we have been told. Even I was paying attention in class that day. But being told something is completely different than actually seeing it with your own two eyes."

Thane turned his back to the two of them and looked back up at the sky. Something so vast and endless always reminded him of how big the world truly is. "But enough about me, I want to hear about how you two are feeling. Are you as excited as I am or do you feel something else entirely? As your new traveling companion, I feel I should be allowed to know these things about you."

In the mean time, I never DID see that anime where I unintentionally got my name from. Is it any good

Last edited by The Big O on Jun 17th, 2012 at 02:43 PM

Old Post Jun 17th, 2012 02:34 PM
The Big O is currently offline Click here to Send The Big O a Private Message Find more posts by The Big O Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
starryknight

Raven took in everything that Thane was saying, he was right the thrill of adventure was washing over here, it was almost suffocating but still leaving a place you've known your whole life was going to be hard. The only comfort she had was knowing that Kal and Thane were competent wizards, that thought gave her some hope and maybe they wouldn't come back in pieces like so many others before them.

"Well I can fortune tell," Raven said bringing her hands close too each other then creating a orb of ice. The Icy wizard stared deep into the orb and her eyes glowed light blue for special effects. "I see-I see! Thane!" Raven says then laughs, "Thane don't pet the wild life no matter how cute it is when we go out tomorrow, k?" The orb melted and Raven dispersed the water, a look of horror came across her face. "n-no why haven't I thought about this before, there are no cupcakes or any sweets in the wild...were doomed!" Raven yelled and sank her head down letting her hair fall over her face.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2012 04:33 PM
starryknight is currently offline Click here to Send starryknight a Private Message Find more posts by starryknight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

Kal started laughing. The storm clouds darkening his mood receded, and his eyes became a misty blue. Trust the strange antics of these knuckleheads to lighten his mood. When he stopped he turned to Thane. "Truthfully, I've been to busy all day to even think about tomorrow. Now that my... Business... is complete, well... "
The young wizard trailed off. Now that he stopped to think about it, what exactly did leaving the castle mean t him? He supposed it would be the first time he left his family behind, to stay in the village Eldraza until he came of age. Going from luxurious castle to small town at that age had not suited the young lord 'Alexander' well. It had taken some time before he became accustomed to having the same privileges as everyone else. Of course, moving into Castle Eldraza when he came of age had been a great blessing, but for different reasons, like its great libraries and arenas, rather than the servants and general laziness one usually associated with castle life. Eldraza was a place where something interesting happened every day, and the young Kal drank it up greedily. Even now, after graduation, Eldraza was not a boring place to live. even so...
"Tomorrow we take another step forward," Kal announced to his friends. "We leave behind a life of study to travel the kingdom in the name of our king and our order. I won't lie, as difficult as that sounds, it will be worth it just to hear our names in the songs for once."

Old Post Jun 18th, 2012 01:55 AM
Regelion1
The Dark in a Starry Sky

The halls were semi-crowded with wizards many their last day as they get ready to leave out on their adventures. Ryner seemed not so amused by these people who garnish the halls. Being a trickster it would normally seem like prank day for him but he had a few things on his mind himself. Ryner walked the halls bored feeling pretty mundane, as he thought to himself what happens next. In truth Ryner really didn't care about serving a king but he would do it to leave this place. His true goal is after his mission is over he wanted to travel, and learn more about the unknown.

Ryner had walked near the training grounds where he had seen some people doing what seemed like talking. This was a glorious opportunity for him to invigorate his trickster mood. The first thing he noticed about them was the girl and here wardrobe as he gave off a smirk. Ryner placed his hands outward and with his magick caused the wind to blow hard into their direction picking up the wind along with Ravens skirt. When the wind settled Ryner was crouched low behind Raven looking up at her panties. "You know thats a bold chose for someone like you Ice queen, but I approve." Ryner Smiled sticking out a thumbs up to Raven not caring what she might do to him, by his views it was worth it.

THANKS FOR THE AWESOME SIG TxG

Old Post Jun 18th, 2012 06:46 AM
Regelion1 is currently offline Click here to Send Regelion1 a Private Message Find more posts by Regelion1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
starryknight

Raven stood up and adjusted herself quickly, she was getting used to the teasing cause for some reason wizards like Ryner had to make her time here hell. "Do grow up Rynerd, you are a grown man and wizard it may have been cute when you were a small boy but now it is just pathetic. You need to pull these "pranks" to see up a woman's skirt while Kal and Thane only ask and any woman here would throw themselves at them...pathetic worm." The ice wizard stated furiously so opposite from how she would usually respond to a childish prank.

Raven hadn't realized that she had was lowing the temputure in the room so much so that frost started to build up around her, she quickly stopped and felt embarrassed for making a novice mistake and losing control of her magicks do to her emotions. She looked to Thane and Kal, "Sorry if you would excuse me, I have some packing to finish see you...all tomorrow." Raven said cringing at the fact that Ryner was in their group as well.

The sorceress picked up her staff and hopped off the bleachers where she sat and walked away. Tears threat to come out but she would not give some one like Ryner the satisfaction of making her cry, if she would she would cry for a joyful reason.

Raven made her way to the woman's dorms and sat in the public area not wanting to fill her room with the negative aura that was sure to be around her. Raven sat not thinking of much for a moment then out of nowhere she smiled, "blue lacy."

Last edited by starryknight on Jun 18th, 2012 at 03:32 PM

Old Post Jun 18th, 2012 03:28 PM
Regelion1
The Dark in a Starry Sky

The icy chill started to cool down his body a little but not just the chill from her magick, but from her words as well. He stood up his hand rubbing the back of his neck wearing the i messed up face expression. "I didnt think she would take it so hard damn. I'm going to have to apologize to her it just how the flow goes, but not right this second." Ryner Sat in the bleachers looking over at Kal and Thane and gave off a sigh of boredom.

"So guys it would seem that today is our last normal day here seeing as we head out tomorrow. To me i feel it sucks not the leaving part the mission part. I really only do it because the flow points in that direction and it gives me a chance to hang out with you guys again. However once this is over I want you guys to know I might travel the world like my mother used to do searching for knowledge." Ryner sight changed from the two of them to up to the blue sky there was a whole world out their full of secrets and he wanted to know them.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2012 07:03 PM
Regelion1 is currently offline Click here to Send Regelion1 a Private Message Find more posts by Regelion1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Big O
The Original O

Thane rasied an eyebrow at Ryner. After all these years, he was still aiming to be a prankster. But he was also a dreamer, so Thane figured that that balanced some things out. But he was going to "prank" the wrong person one day and it wasn't going to be pretty.

"Well, I'm glad to hear that you guys are excited. I won't have to feel weird should I want to break out into song when we begin our travels tomorrow. But a word of advice, Ryner; please do not pull any of your so-called pranks. I would like to leave this place in a rather distinguished manner. It would be most disconcerting to begin our new lives with people remembering only some foul mess generated by your wild sense of humor." Thane semi-smiled as he said this.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2012 09:46 PM
MadMel
Heh

'It's a good thing he didn't try to play tricks on me earlier. I might have accidentally killed him,' Kal thought, looking at Ryner. 'One day, that might just happen to him, if he isn't careful.' "I would suggest apologizing to her before tomorrow. It wouldn't do for her to cold snap the morning when we are about to leave." he said out loud, shuddering at the thought of such chill. Winter was already coming. "There's a lot to be said about discipline, my friend, but something tells me you were absent from that lesson." he added, grinning.

Last edited by MadMel on Jun 19th, 2012 at 02:22 AM

Old Post Jun 19th, 2012 02:20 AM
Regelion1
The Dark in a Starry Sky

Ryner smirked at his friends words, even thought their spoke the truth. He had so many thought running through his head that tomorrow was really more of a burden on him. However non the less he would have to have some serious nature included into it since his life wasn't only at risk. "Hardy har har Thane maybe I want to leave with a bang it all really depends on how the world moves me. As for my disciple i have plenty i just choose to use it."

Ryner Stood up and stretched a little then reached into his pocket pulling out two small boxes. "Well guys I must go see a pretty Raven about forgiveness so i guess i'll see you guys later. Also here's a gift from me to you." At those words he tossed both of them a box. Inside each box was compressed magic wind and itching powder. No matter how he tried he couldn't stop his tricks it calmed him as he walked away from them towards the woman's dorms.

Ryner walked into the woman's dorms not too sure what he was going to say to Raven, he was never too big on apologies. He walked through the halls and asked a girl if she knew where Raven was, she easily pointed him in the direction of the public area. There he seen her sitting by herself so he sat down beside her. "So this is where you are sitting here by yourself huh? I came here because you see I feel bad I made you really angry at me, and i'm not the best with apologies you see. Well i wanted to say i'm ah sorry for my little prank and will you forgive me."

Old Post Jun 19th, 2012 03:45 AM
starryknight

Raven was reading a book one of her friends made, it was a children's book with with tons of goofy characters, it had lighten her mood and she felt better. That feeling of hate did not sit well with her because she had never felt it so intensely even when the others would mock her simply because they did not understand her but there was something different about Ryner that just set her off today, maybe it is the stress she kept telling herself.

Everything negative was being forgotten and her aura was clearing up...until Ryner showed up, just his face sent her mood back to how it once was and when he spoke it made her cringe. "Hollow words from a trickster, I do not believe in some one like you." that said she grabbed her belongings and walked off to her room, "If you choose to follow me again I well call a guard and if that does not stop you I shell."

Walking into Raven's room was walking into a wonderland of colors and sweetness, it would make most sick with its bright colors decorating the walls but she loved it. Suddenly a tiny flying squirrel jumped on to her shoulder and rubbed its back on Raven's face. "Aww how ya doing Pepe, still here hmm, you know tomorrow I leave so you will have to leave with me, " she said pulling out a small nut giving it to the squirrel, it took the nut and jumped of Raven shoulder and onto a table and begun working on it. "Aw your so adorable Pepe but enough of this silliness time to get down to business...CUPCAKE TIME!" she said readying herself to bake.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2012 03:33 PM
The Big O
The Original O

Thane looked at the small package and then to Kal. "Does he honestly expect us to fall for such a thing," he said with a hint of astonishment. "Ryner is certainly a character." Thane's hand began to glow and the package suddenly caught fire and he quickly dropped it.

Without his bow, his magicks were nowhere near as powerful and destructive and setting small things ablaze this way was much more easier to contain. Starting back towards the castle, Thane asked Kal, "So what do you want to do for the rest of the day? We have no classes to attend. No homework to do. I'm almost afraid that I'm becoming bored."

Old Post Jun 19th, 2012 08:22 PM
Regelion1
The Dark in a Starry Sky

Her words had stung again this time even when Ryner tried to apologize she shut him down with harsh word. However he couldn't go on through the day knowing that she was so mad at him especially over a small prank like that. When Raven walked away he did not heed her words and followed a little behind till she entered her room. Ryner walked up to her door and sat down with his back against it. He let out a sigh and knocked at her door just to get her attention more then to have her open it.

"Look hear me out before you call the guards or whatever okay. Look
I know i was an idiot but, if you had went through the things i went through growing up you'd understand why I pull pranks. I guess you could say I pull them to relax from my worries you know. From the worries of tomorrow and the worries of not being able to see you guys afterwards. So I'm sorry, damn you have me out here showing pouring out my emotion to you and we dont even date." Ryner let out a small chuckle from his last response still hoping she wouldn't be mad at him any more, which was a large hope seeing how angry she was at him.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2012 04:01 PM
starryknight

Raven was happily baking tons of cupcakes for their journey tomorrow, she wasn't joking about being worried cause there was no sweets in the wild. There was a knock on her door and she was about to answer when the person of the hour walked in, her unexplained anger swelled up again just his presence was enough to set her off.

Raven was about to call for the guards when Ryner started to speak and tell her his excuse for having fun at others expense. "Everyone has problems so don't use that as an excuse, you want my forgiveness you will have to earn it . That little prank wasn't your first you pulled on me and I don't trust you but now I have to rely on you to have my back when we leave and I just do have any faith in you." Raven stops to think for a second, "If you want my forgiveness then I challenge you to a duel to first blood, if you win I will forgive you and we will leave with a clean slate...but if I win you will abandon the mission and stay here."

Old Post Jun 20th, 2012 07:40 PM
Regelion1
The Dark in a Starry Sky

Ryner was shocked at her solution it was so unlike her to say something like that. "Whoa princess a fight to first blood sounds drastic plus I could never try to hurt you. Everyone knows I don't attack women it's just who I am and if you dont like that then i'd soon let you stay mad at me." Ryner turned away from Raven and walked out her room door. He didn't know what was wrong with her today getting all angry from such a little prank, then challenging him to a match to first blood. He didn't know what to say to her after that all he could do was return back to his room and pack for tomorrows mission.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2012 07:49 PM
MadMel
Heh

Kal looked at Thane. "Sorry, but I'm going to have to leave you with your boredom for a while. I have to follow my own advice and apologize to some people I've offended. Unless you'd like to come and witness my humiliation." With that, the young wizard walked away, back on the direction he had come.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2012 03:06 AM
Matr0shka
Only I am that I am.

Reiko from afar was observing the conversation between Raven and Ryner. Without saying a word he figured now would be the best time to keep his mouth shut. Reiko had no interest in a conflict he could so easily avoid. He took out a letter he had received hours ago from the inn he had stayed in inside the kingdom. It read "you told me you would stay, but all you did was given me one night with you. I'm not sock in the head I just wa..." And before he finished reading Reiko ripped it up and threw it to the wind. Reiko stood up from where he was sitting "I have no time for games"

Old Post Jun 21st, 2012 02:52 PM
Matr0shka is currently offline Click here to Send Matr0shka a Private Message Find more posts by Matr0shka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote