KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Spider-Man » Favorite Spidey cartoons

Favorite Spidey cartoons
Started by: riv6672

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
riv6672

Favorite Spidey cartoons

Notice i didnt say best. I said favorite.

1. Spider-Man: The New Animated Series
The MTV version was slick. Like many of the Spidey toons it had stick footage and no one ever really changed their clothes, but it had a good energy.
I'd like to think if it had lasted, some classic villains would have made their way in.
Plus Neil Patrick Harris as Spidey. Thats legendary.

2. Spider-Man 1967
The original. Had the great song, the silly art and stories. Loved this as a kid.

3. Spectacular Spider-Man
This was the Graceland of Spidey toons.

4. Ultimate Spider-Man
Thats right, i said it.

5. Spider-Man & his Amazing Friends
It was so cool seeing Spidey with peers, having adventures. Plus we got to see other MU characters before Marvel had cartoons coming out every two weeks...

Old Post Oct 6th, 2014 09:56 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

As much as I love NPH as Pete wasn't a big fan of the MTV one. It was basically a movie spin off and therefore bound by its script so writers were somewhat limited in their work, also the 3d animation... dunno.

As for the favorite.. it's tricky. I grew up watching TAS it's what got me into Spider-man and comic books in general but... nostalgia glasses aside I can't honestly say it's the best. Differs a lot from the source material, lots of characters (like Ock) downplayed. Recycled animation.

So to me it's Spectacular Spider-man no contest. Brilliantly written characters, development, great plot. And the fight scenes. Oh the one in gangland where Spider-man vs Tombstone vs Ock vs Silvermane deserves some sort of toon awards if there was one.

Ultimate.. no. Just no. I made several attempts to get into it but I just can't. To me it's not Spider-man. Just a really long poorly written toy commercial. And I realize it's aimed at kids but there's a way to do it and not take a dump on everything that makes the character Spider-man. They tried to do something with the latest episodes but still couldn't quite pull it off. I did like the Deadpool episode because we got to see Kelly's Deadpool. He was more silly and child friendly of course but still had that psycho vibe I loved so much in DP volume 1 that's been missing for years now.

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2014 10:31 AM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Cant argue with any of that at all.
Still, i like what i like. Sometimes i even surprise myself.
I had ZERO interest in watching Ultimate, till i recorded and binge watched the series for and with my kid.
Hilarious stuff.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2014 10:38 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Spiderman the animated series & then followed by Spider-Man Unlimited.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2014 12:10 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Unlimited never caught my attention. Was it very good?

Old Post Oct 6th, 2014 12:13 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Yeah it was good...well i liked it

only thing i didn't like was how they ended it.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2014 12:14 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Cliffhanger?

Thats how the MTV show ended, too. Pissed me off.

I'll see if i look up Ultimate, give it a whirl!

Old Post Oct 6th, 2014 12:21 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

With Unlimited, Venom & Carnage's plan to unleash millions of symbiotes on the planet to finally rid it of humans once and for all finally happens

then that was it.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2014 12:27 PM
riv6672

Damn that sucks!!!

Old Post Oct 6th, 2014 12:28 PM
SamZED

Although it was meant to be a continuation of TAS I couldn't get over the fact that Unlimited took place on an entirely different planet. One half of the first episode was on earth. That's it.

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2014 03:32 PM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Favorite? Spider-Man and his amazing friends for me.. Too bad they never rebooted that.

But best by far was Spectacular. It just did everything right.

Special mention goes to the Spider-Man/X-Men crossover in TAS. Too bad the movie rights are all over the place for something like that to happen in Live Action.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2014 08:33 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

A live action version of that would be wicked...thumb up

Old Post Oct 6th, 2014 08:53 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I disliked Spectacular, But hey each to their own.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2014 07:32 AM
riv6672

I believe you're the first person i've ever heard of not loving it! eek!

Old Post Oct 7th, 2014 10:41 AM
zeel

I loved spiderman and his amazing friends myself.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2014 02:09 AM
zeel is currently offline Click here to Send zeel a Private Message Find more posts by zeel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BUSTER1

I loved Spiderman and His Amazing Friends, back when it was aired, here in the UK in the mid 1980's, when I was about 11-12. But it got relegated to 2nd place, about a decade later when the 1990's TAS series came on the scene. Even though we were all aged in the early to mid 20's age range, me my brother and our mates were all well into it. This cartoon captured the essence of the comic book character I grew up reading.
I still enjoy going book to SMAHAF's but it isn't the same. especially after watching the 90's cartoon.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2014 07:11 PM
BUSTER1 is currently offline Click here to Send BUSTER1 a Private Message Find more posts by BUSTER1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Yeah, some things are never as good as we remember.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2014 09:29 AM
Darth Thor

But surely that's because SAHAF was made in the late 70's/early 80's. Clearly to stand the test of time it would need a rebooted version. I mean imagine if the only animated Spider-Man we had was the 60's/70's one with the famous theme tune.

That being said, even today give me an episode of SAHAF over Ultimate Spider-Man any day of the week.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2014 10:00 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Well, i said "some".
In the case of cartoons, some dont age well, some are classic. I'd rather watch 40s Tom & Jerry cartoons over any of their stuff done the last 20-25 years.
In that example, its the newer stuff that seems trite and hackneyed.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2014 08:27 AM
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

Spectacular was so good that it overcame my nostalgia for 90's Spider-Man TAS. I'm still bummed to this day that Spectacular got canned.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Oct 19th, 2014 02:44 PM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote