KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Fantastic Four Reboot

Fantastic Four Reboot
Started by: JakeTheBank

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (30): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Fantastic Four Reboot

Apparently, Fox is ready to release their F4 reboot in 2015, a year that's going to have a hell of a lot of huge movies (Avengers 2, Justice League, Wolverine, X-Men: DoFP, Star Wars Episode 7, etc).

No new casting reports or even what the script would entail, but what are your ideas for a new F4 franchise or dream casting for the characters?

Old Post Dec 8th, 2012 07:01 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Wolverine 2 for 2015?

pretty sure that movie is coming out next year.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2012 07:32 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bouboumaster

Ryan Reynolds for evey single damn role. Even Sue Storm.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2012 06:30 PM
Bouboumaster is currently offline Click here to Send Bouboumaster a Private Message Find more posts by Bouboumaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Wolverine comes out in 2013 (it has been shot) and X-Men: Days Of Future Past comes in 2014. And I'm waiting for the inevitable word that Justice League will be delayed; the return of Star Wars in 2015 is a large monkey wrench tossed into that summer for the other studios. I would delay it at least until 2016, to get away from Avengers comparisons.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Dec 8th, 2012 07:07 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

I had no idea about JLA and Episode VII.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2012 07:11 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Episode VII.

Seriously?

it was big news.. it was all over the tv and the radio.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2012 12:51 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by roughrider
I would delay it at least until 2016, to get away from Avengers comparisons.

I doubt that would be an issue.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2012 11:18 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I'm hoping they do a far better job of Doom....should leave him for the 2nd or third movie.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2012 11:21 AM
Mindship
Snap out of it.

I always thought Scarlet Johanssen would've made a good Sue Richards. And while I wasn't keen on Chris Evans as the Torch at first (jeez, they couldn't even dye his hair blond, even after giving Alba eerie blue contact lenses?), I thought he virtually nailed Johnny's youthful cockiness. His Torch will be a tough act to follow, I think.

Chiklis wasn't bad as the Thing, except that I thought he was a little too small physically. Also, if they could make an in-movie action figure look like Kirby's Grimm, couldn't they have done same with Chiklis' makeup? Other than that, I thought Chiklis also did rather well in capturing the essence of Ben's personality.

Gruffud's Reed...? It wasn't bad, but...I dunno. I wouldn't mind seeing Reed recast. And as for Alba as Sue, or McMahon as Doom...definitley recast.

For that matter, I like Doug Jones, but the next Surfer should have a heftier musculature (eg Kirby's Surfer, FF#72).

Overall, I think the FF movies are very underrated, but a reboot certainly couldn't hurt.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2012 02:32 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Lets be honest, even if the reboot ends up just being mediocre, it would still be VASTLY better than its predecessors... But like the OP mentioned, 2015 is going to be one hell of a year in cinema.

Wolverine- I think it'll be crap, personally.
X-Men DoFP- this could be really, really, good if done right. First Class gave me hope.
Justice League- this could be phenomenal, but I have a feeling DC is rushing it WAY too much. Not getting my hopes up.
Avengers 2- it will be great, obviously.
Episode VII- much like F4, this film could just be halfway decent, and that'd still make it loads better than the last set of films. However, I honestly believe that it will be a legitimately great film.

Anyway, my main recommendation for a F4 reboot film would be to: a.) hire actors that can act, and b.) hire actors that fit the roles to which they are assigned. Evans was a good fit for HT, but Gruffudd as Richards? Alba as IW? McMahon as Doom? Terrible.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Dec 11th, 2012 03:38 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Mindship
I always thought Scarlet Johanssen would've made a good Sue Richards. And while I wasn't keen on Chris Evans as the Torch at first (jeez, they couldn't even dye his hair blond, even after giving Alba eerie blue contact lenses?), I thought he virtually nailed Johnny's youthful cockiness. His Torch will be a tough act to follow, I think.

Chiklis wasn't bad as the Thing, except that I thought he was a little too small physically. Also, if they could make an in-movie action figure look like Kirby's Grimm, couldn't they have done same with Chiklis' makeup? Other than that, I thought Chiklis also did rather well in capturing the essence of Ben's personality.

Gruffud's Reed...? It wasn't bad, but...I dunno. I wouldn't mind seeing Reed recast. And as for Alba as Sue, or McMahon as Doom...definitley recast.

For that matter, I like Doug Jones, but the next Surfer should have a heftier musculature (eg Kirby's Surfer, FF#72).

Overall, I think the FF movies are very underrated, but a reboot certainly couldn't hurt.

I liked the first one. Second one ruined it for me. In terms of the characters Doom was the worst portrayal. Nothing against the actor, they just got the character completely wrong.

Originally posted by Galan007

X-Men DoFP- this could be really, really, good if done right. First Class gave me hope.

They'll both be released much earlier than 2015.

Episode VII- much like F4, this film could just be halfway decent, and that'd still make it loads better than the last set of films.

Get out of here! I've never understood the Prequel hate.

Last edited by Darth Thor on Dec 11th, 2012 at 04:41 PM

Old Post Dec 11th, 2012 04:37 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

What else can it be with Jackman playing Wolverine? sad

Originally posted by DARTH POWER

Just compare them to the original trilogy...

Old Post Dec 11th, 2012 05:14 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Episode I was total garbage.
Episode II was a little better, but was still mediocre overall-- the 3 minute long Dooku/Yoda battle was the best part of a 2.5 hour movie.
Episode III was decent, but still had numerous cheese moments. Tbh, I thought Cartoon Network's animated prequel series Star Wars: Clone Wars was far more enjoyable than Episode III itself-- and when a prequel cartoon is better than the actual film, you know you have a problem.

In my opinion, of course.

thumb up

Last edited by Galan007 on Dec 11th, 2012 at 05:17 PM

Old Post Dec 11th, 2012 05:15 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Just compare them to the original trilogy...

That was the problem Imho. The expectations were too high because of how epic the original trilogy was.

But if we compare them to say Terminators 3 & 4, Spiderman 3, Matrix 3, Star Trek 5 and 6, Pirates of the Carribean 4 e.t.c e.t.c then I think the SW Prequels were pretty damn good for a 4th, 5th and 6th films in a series.

The only movies which stay consistently on par to the originals I'd say are Harry Potter, but their based on hugely successful books so the great story is already there to work with.

Episode I was total garbage.
Episode II was a little better, but was still mediocre overall-- the 3 minute long Dooku/Yoda battle was the best part of a 2.5 hour movie.
Episode III was decent, but still had numerous cheese moments. Tbh, I thought Cartoon Network's animated prequel series Star Wars: Clone Wars was far more enjoyable than Episode III itself-- and when a prequel cartoon is better than the actual film, you know you have a problem.

I actually preferred TPM to AOTC. ROTS was a modern day Macbeth to me. I loved it.

I've never understood the love behind that 2003 CW Cartoon. I mean sure it was entertaining (in a very kiddish way), but to compare it to the movies?? Nah I wouldn't go that far at all.

Last edited by Darth Thor on Dec 11th, 2012 at 05:52 PM

Old Post Dec 11th, 2012 05:49 PM
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Justice League- this could be phenomenal, but I have a feeling DC is rushing it WAY too much.
Yeah, I have that fear lurking in the pit of my gut. I'd sooner wait to 2016+ if this guaranteed a quality production.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2012 08:03 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by Mindship
Yeah, I have that fear lurking in the pit of my gut. I'd sooner wait to 2016+ if this guaranteed a quality production.

They wait until 2016, they avoid being the second superhero team film of the year (the whole world will be waiting for Avengers 2) and it gives time for a bridging film or two somehow involving Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman. They are the JL's big three, just as Thor, Iron Man and Captain America are for the Avengers - and all of them got a screen introduction before teaming up in Avengers.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2012 10:15 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Anyway, my main recommendation for a F4 reboot film would be to: a.) hire actors that can act, and b.) hire actors that fit the roles to which they are assigned. Evans was a good fit for HT, but Gruffudd as Richards? Alba as IW? McMahon as Doom? Terrible.

Ioan gruffudd was perfect for Richards

agree with Alba and McMahon, McMahon would've been better as Namor

and if people on here were disappointed with Doom's portrayal, Even Stan Lee was too.

Last edited by Kazenji on Dec 12th, 2012 at 03:04 AM

Old Post Dec 12th, 2012 02:58 AM
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by Kazenji
Ioan gruffudd was perfect for Richards

agree with Alba and McMahon, McMahon would've been better as Namor

and if people on here were disappointed with Doom's portrayal, Even Stan Lee was too.

Julian McMahon's default setting is smarmy. He's wrong for so many comic characters...

Jonathan Rhys-Meyers for Namor.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2012 03:39 AM
BruhMan
World Champion

I know he's pulled in many directions these days but micheal fassbender would be one hell of a reed richards.

I want to see JRM as Namor too thumb up

Old Post Dec 12th, 2012 04:03 AM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

And what's wrong with that?

i don't see anything wrong with it.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2012 07:41 AM