KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Phil Lord and Chris Miller directing the Flash!

Phil Lord and Chris Miller directing the Flash!
Started by: Golgo13

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Senor Cage

Laugh Phil Lord and Chris Miller directing the Flash!

Old Post Apr 10th, 2015 12:07 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

http://www.slashfilm.com/barry-allen-flash-movie/

quote:
We’re trying to break a story. It’s interesting, because there’s a really popular TV show out there, and we’re trying to carve out space for the movie that’s apart from that. I think we’re doing alright. … I believe [our Flash] is going to be Barry Allen. … It’s going to be it’s own [thing, apart from the TV show] — we’re more trying to stick with the cinematic universe… it really is its own thing, and kind of a stand-alone movie. We’re just trying to think of the best story. I think you guys will like it, it’s kind of a different take on superhero stuff.

Old Post May 19th, 2015 07:35 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

I really dont like the casting of that kid as Barry. I think i might hate it more than the fantastic four casting

Old Post May 20th, 2015 05:55 PM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Don't really need this when we have the CW series. But am looking forward to him being in Justice League.

Old Post May 20th, 2015 08:35 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

I just don't understand how you offer someone a role like Barry allen with no auditions for a movie thats 3-4 years away.

Old Post May 20th, 2015 09:02 PM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Don't really need this when we have the CW series. But am looking forward to him being in Justice League.

do you think that kid should be wally instead?

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post May 20th, 2015 09:03 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

Out of the two Hell yes Gustin should be Barry instead

Old Post May 20th, 2015 09:21 PM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
do you think that kid should be wally instead?

I don't think it will make a difference. Because it will likely be it's own thing with hardly any connection to the comics. Barry Allen is just a name they're using.

Luckily the Tv show is doing a superb job of giving us Flash. So don't really need this. Just need him in the Justice League... With his mask on all the time, so I can pretend it's Gustin under that mask.

Old Post May 20th, 2015 10:26 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

I don't think it will make a difference. Because it will likely be it's own thing with hardly any connection to the comics. Barry Allen is just a name they're using.in the Justice League.

Smh in this age of CBMs I thought it was safe to expect more

Old Post May 21st, 2015 01:35 AM
Senor Cage

I don't think it will make a difference. Because it will likely be it's own thing with hardly any connection to the comics. Barry Allen is just a name they're using.

Luckily the Tv show is doing a superb job of giving us Flash. So don't really need this. Just need him in the Justice League... With his mask on all the time, so I can pretend it's Gustin under that mask.

A JLA without the Flash would be stupid, IMO. Flash has pretty much always been in the major JL rosters. And stop with the "should have used the CW actor". They're not connected, so let's stop beating a dead horse.

Old Post May 21st, 2015 02:44 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by JayDaDon
Smh in this age of CBMs I thought it was safe to expect more

I'm sad to say I'm not surprised.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post May 21st, 2015 02:53 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

i would agree

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post May 21st, 2015 03:33 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Who said it won't have anything to do with the comics?

Old Post May 21st, 2015 03:36 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Why should we expect it would be?

MOS, BVS and Suicide Squad, while certainly inspired by the comics, have hinted if not straight up shown that it's a somewhat loose inspiration at best.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post May 21st, 2015 03:54 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Yeah, but he said hardly. The script isn't even out yet. Snyder has even stated that BVS is inspired by Frank Miller's TDK.

I don't even want a direct copy of the book, but I'm sure Flash will be somewhat close to the comics. When Phil lord said different, I think he meant different than the TV show.

Old Post May 21st, 2015 04:06 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Golgo13
Yeah, but he said hardly. The script isn't even out yet. Snyder has even stated that BVS is inspired by Frank Miller's TDK.

I don't even want a direct copy of the book, but I'm sure Flash will be somewhat close to the comics. When Phil lord said different, I think he meant different than the TV show.

Saying it's inspired by a short elseworlds that's almost 30 years old isn't the same thing as being based on the comics as they are today, imo.

That Batman isn't the same Batman we've been reading for said 30 odd years. So to me, that's a loose/hardly an association, if at all.

If Flash is based more on the comics, great. I'm just not expecting it to, given the DCCU's attitude towards them so far.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post May 21st, 2015 04:26 AM
BruhMan
World Champion

Its clear to me they're just gonna have the miller kid do his own hipster version of Flash and just slap "Barry Allen" on there. I mean....the guy didn't even audition no expression

Old Post May 21st, 2015 06:43 AM
Senor Cage

Originally posted by -Pr-
Saying it's inspired by a short elseworlds that's almost 30 years old isn't the same thing as being based on the comics as they are today, imo.

That Batman isn't the same Batman we've been reading for said 30 odd years. So to me, that's a loose/hardly an association, if at all.

If Flash is based more on the comics, great. I'm just not expecting it to, given the DCCU's attitude towards them so far.

They keep changing Batman, though. As long as the core is still there, I'm all good. MOS had the core of Superman there and that's all I need. Snyder likes to stick with the source material, so I'm not too worried.

Old Post May 21st, 2015 07:47 AM
Senor Cage

Originally posted by JayDaDon
Its clear to me they're just gonna have the miller kid do his own hipster version of Flash and just slap "Barry Allen" on there. I mean....the guy didn't even audition no expression

The kid has a lot of talent, IMO. Similar to Miles Teller.

Old Post May 21st, 2015 07:50 AM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Golgo13
And stop with the "should have used the CW actor". They're not connected, so let's stop beating a dead horse.

I didn't say they should be (well I haven't said that in the last 6 months or so anyway).

You're awfully defensive over everything WB is doing with the DCCU.

For most of us they have to prove themselves before we start trusting every decision they're making, and not the other way around.

Old Post May 21st, 2015 10:42 AM