KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Darth Vader (TFU) vs. Darth Vader (Canon)

Darth Vader (TFU) vs. Darth Vader (Canon)
Started by: |King Joker|

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Darth Vader (TFU) vs. Darth Vader (Canon)

Who wins? Battle takes place on Hypori.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2016 07:03 PM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cs_zoltan

TFU

"You presume limits to our double standards. There are none." - Vitidiots

Old Post Mar 10th, 2016 07:04 PM
Click here to Send cs_zoltan a Private Message Find more posts by cs_zoltan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syndicate

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
TFU

Old Post Mar 10th, 2016 08:58 PM
Click here to Send Syndicate a Private Message Find more posts by Syndicate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

The one that lost to Marek? Canon Vader rapes.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2016 09:02 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syndicate

The one that wasn't immediately overwhelmed by Marek you mean.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2016 09:05 PM
Click here to Send Syndicate a Private Message Find more posts by Syndicate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

No, I mean the one that got his ass kicked by someone who struggled with a Shadow Guard a week prior. The one that struggles with pre-ESB Luke on several occasions and is afraid of him. That Vader. the one that tripped on his own arm.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2016 09:17 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syndicate

You mean overwhelmed a Shadow Guard with his lightning. Also that's a high showing for the Shadow Guard considering Galen was able to power an ore cannon that blasted through a Star Destroyer with said lightning.

When did TFU Vader meet Luke? Unless you're talking about Galen in the non canon dark side ending.

When did Vader trip on his own arm in TFU? Unless you're equating TFU Vader with Legends Vader up to the point of TFU.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2016 10:37 PM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Originally posted by Syndicate
You mean overwhelmed a Shadow Guard with his lightning. Also that's a high showing for the Shadow Guard considering Galen was able to power an ore cannon that blasted through a Star Destroyer with said lightning.

No, I mean got the shit TK'd out of him by a magnaguard. And randoms don't have high showings kek, epseically if it's the only showing they'll ever have.
quote:

When did TFU Vader meet Luke? Unless you're talking about Galen in the non canon dark side ending.

Luke faces Vader quite a few times after TFU, so unless Vader deteriorates, which is unlikely, I doubt TFU Vader would far much better.
quote:

When did Vader trip on his own arm in TFU? Unless you're equating TFU Vader with Legends Vader up to the point of TFU.

This may shock you, but that's exactly what that means. But as this was after TFU is that much more embarrassing. The title of the thread doesn't mean, "Vader as he is shown in TFU," but, "Vader as powerful as he was up until the time period of TFU."

Old Post Mar 10th, 2016 11:14 PM
Syndicate

Magnaguards don't have TK friend. Also this random apparently does thus proving you wrong.

But then canon Vader has the same exact showings against Luke as the OT is still apart of Disney canon meaning the argument is moot.

Can you provide the scan or quote for said feat? I'm pretty sure by your lack of expansion it's a low showing that wouldn't apply.

Last edited by Syndicate on Mar 11th, 2016 at 04:43 AM

Old Post Mar 11th, 2016 04:28 AM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

I meant Shadowguard, and you know it so moving on.

Luke is far more impressive, and Canon Vader has stomped pre-ESB Luke on every occasion they've met in canon.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Mar 11th, 2016 04:40 AM
Syndicate

Not so fast. I'd like your source for where this shadow guard landed TK on Galen.

Luke is far more impressive then who? Luke? Or are you referring to the EU fights between Vader and Luke vs the canon fights between Vader and Luke.

Where's that from? I have a hard time believing it's from any sort of valid source. Regardless it wouldn't have any bearing on the fight as you well know.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2016 04:47 AM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Very end of Nar Shaddaa. Right in the game.

Luke is more impressive than his Legends counterpart. They aren't the same person. I am not sure why you don't understand this. Stop acting thickheaded to be thickheaded.

It's completely valid. Splinter of the Mind's Eye.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2016 04:54 AM
Syndicate

You know only the novel is canon correct? There are multiple versions of the game that contradict each other.

Rich coming from a guy trying to claim Vader tripping over his own arm in Legends would be applicable in an actual fight. They both share the OT trilogy feats which is where I'm getting confused. Again are you referring to canon Vader's showing against canon Luke vs Legend Vaders showings against Legends Luke?

The feat is obviously an outlier likely due to bad writing. Vader has precognition, he wouldn't be slipping on his own arm.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2016 04:58 AM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

You know only the novel is canon correct? There are multiple versions of the game that contradict each other.

That's actually not correct, the novel and the game are both the same level of canonicity, and as I recall, it happens in the novel as well.
quote:

Rich coming from a guy trying to claim Vader tripping over his own arm in Legends would be applicable in an actual fight.

You do know this was actually during a fight right? What kind of nonsense is this?
quote:

They both share the OT trilogy feats which is where I'm getting confused. Again are you referring to canon Vader's showing against canon Luke vs Legend Vaders showings against Legends Luke?

Wrong. Because Canon Luke actually has showing pre-ESB, where as Legends Luke pre-ESB basically fights Vader and gets lucky enough to run away until ESB. The fact that the movies exist isn't even the point here. I'm not going to go through every feat pre-ESB Luke has in two continuities. that's ridiculous.
quote:

The feat is obviously an outlier likely due to bad writing. Vader has precognition, he wouldn't be slipping on his own arm.

Yeah, you don't get to just disregard feats because "they're outliers and don't matter" especially when Vader's got a pretty consistent track record of barely being able to deal with fodder by this point.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2016 05:07 AM
Syndicate

How is that possible when the different game versions contradict eachother? Would like the quote for that. Even if it exists again it's simply a good feat for said Shadowguard.

Probably the same kind as you attempting to use the scan to insinuate that TFU Vader would trip in a battle against Canon Vader. -_-

What's wrong? I didn't say you'd need to. I'm just not understanding what you're attempting to prove here.

You know what? I'll take this one on the nose and say I can. Vader tripping over his own arm is stupid and arguing a similar thing would happen in a fight that we made up on a versus forum is idiotic in my opinion. Think what you want that's how I feel about it.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2016 05:26 AM
Syndicate

Going to bed so don't wait up.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2016 05:28 AM
Zenwolf

Nah the Shadow Guard didn't directly TK Galen, however he did throw things during dueling in his blindspots.

quote:

Sith against Sith, they fought backward and forward through the broad, metal-lined space. This assassin was more proficient than the first, wiry and strong with a good reach and penchant for telekinetically throwing items from inside the apprentice's blind spot.

- TFU novel

Most of the Shadow Guards showings, is more martial ability than Force related. Though they are decent Force Users too, but their martial ability is more pronounced which is a given.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2016 05:48 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Him contending with anybody as wanked as Marek is pretty dumb tbh, but it only goes on to prove the point.
How is that possible when the different game versions contradict eachother?

Because that's how C-canon works? Novels don't override anything, kek.
quote:

Probably the same kind as you attempting to use the scan to insinuate that TFU Vader would trip in a battle against Canon Vader. -_-

When did I say Vader would trip over his own arm? the point is, Vader in Legends consistently underperforms. It's become a gag.
quote:

What's wrong? I didn't say you'd need to. I'm just not understanding what you're attempting to prove here.

You keep saying, "Source, source, source<" to the most basic information like canon policy, and as fun as this is, it's annoying.
quote:

You know what? I'll take this one on the nose and say I can. Vader tripping over his own arm is stupid and arguing a similar thing would happen in a fight that we made up on a versus forum is idiotic in my opinion. Think what you want that's how I feel about it.

That's great. You still can't disregard material and "low-showings" because it doesn't agree with your world view.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2016 06:06 AM
Jmanghan

Canon Vader destroys him based on feats.

Either that, or Galen Marek is legitimately better then him, and thats impossible.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Mar 11th, 2016 06:10 AM
Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Why is it dumb Fresh? It's not like there aren't others in similar capacity that give fits to Force Users, Droidsekas and Magnaguards come to mind. So why would a Shadow Guard be any different in this capacity?

Plus it was hardly any length of a fight between both Shadow Guards that he fought, they were brief really, nothing really extensive.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2016 06:18 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote