KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Kenobi vs Malgus [Antoine Bandele and Jensaarai1]

Do you agree with their opinions?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes 0 0%
No 2 100.00%
Total: 2 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Kenobi vs Malgus [Antoine Bandele and Jensaarai1]
Started by: red8

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
red8

Kenobi vs Malgus [Antoine Bandele and Jensaarai1]

Links:

Part 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEr...Plnae-kvdD5XTvw

Part 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrW...Plnae-kvdD5XTvw

Part 3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cb5...Plnae-kvdD5XTvw

Summary of their opinions:

Sabers: They're about equal, but Malgus gets the edge

Force: Malgus' combative capabilities along with Kenobi's weak defenses give Malgus a comfortable edge

All-out: Malgus wins after a tough fight

I thought this was pretty good. Jensaarai1 stills says that Malgus suffers from tunnel vision though.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2014 05:39 AM
Click here to Send red8 a Private Message Find more posts by red8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Kenobi has better dueling feats (discounting PIS showings against Maul and Anakin), likewise as strong as Malgus is in a pure saber duel I don't see him getting through Kenobi's defense. Kenobi is also faster by a couple of tiers (deflecting fire from droid armies, forming wheels of lightning with his saber, forming webs of light with his saber). Malgus is on Qui Gon's tier of speed (moving in a blur, moving his saber fast enough to form a shield, make a red blur with his shield).

He wouldn't best him in a pure duel so much as destroying him with his force abilities. Malgus's Telekinesis is much more powerful (which Jensaarai failed to notice), after he claimed "durability" was his best asset. Overall, I think Malgus would win but not based on the conclusion they'd reach. Kenobi is more skilled, but is far less powerful in the force. Kenobi could take a few based on skill, but they wouldn't be as many rounds as Malgus destroying him via ragdoll or a powerful telekinetic attack

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Last edited by carthage on Nov 19th, 2014 at 05:52 AM

Old Post Nov 19th, 2014 05:48 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

What carth said.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2014 05:58 AM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carthage
Kenobi has better dueling feats (discounting PIS showings against Maul and Anakin), likewise as strong as Malgus is in a pure saber duel I don't see him getting through Kenobi's defense. Kenobi is also faster by a couple of tiers (deflecting fire from droid armies, forming wheels of lightning with his saber, forming webs of light with his saber). Malgus is on Qui Gon's tier of speed (moving in a blur, moving his saber fast enough to form a shield, make a red blur with his shield).

He wouldn't best him in a pure duel so much as destroying him with his force abilities. Malgus's Telekinesis is much more powerful (which Jensaarai failed to notice), after he claimed "durability" was his best asset. Overall, I think Malgus would win but not based on the conclusion they'd reach. Kenobi is more skilled, but is far less powerful in the force. Kenobi could take a few based on skill, but they wouldn't be as many rounds as Malgus destroying him via ragdoll or a powerful telekinetic attack

Malgus is claimed one of the greatest lightsaber duelist's of all time.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Nov 19th, 2014 07:39 AM
Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

I'd have to see the quote, He was considered canonically one of the best of his time and I agree he was probably the greatest duelist of his time. But you'd have to show me the quote, it still wouldn't be enough to put him up to a guy that can fight evenly with ROTS Vader/beat Grievous/beat Asajj Ventress/fight "evenly" with Maul. Kenobi is shit upon over here, but he is one of the best duelists produced by the Jedi order and has the feats to prove it.

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Last edited by carthage on Nov 19th, 2014 at 07:46 AM

Old Post Nov 19th, 2014 07:43 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
fight "evenly" with Maul

Kenobi lost to Maul while he had lost balance due to Dun Moch, which is a lacking in self-control opposed to skill. And he did well offensively against Savage Opress and Maul simultaneously through a combination of unorthodox tactics not typical of him (and likely not to work a second time, because then it wouldn't be unorthodox anymore), and little bit of Dark Rage upon witnessing Gallia's death, although the latter is my own speculation which I believe is backed up fairly well.

Other than that, the non-circumstantial parts of their duels have been more or less even, with both landing blows on each other from time to time.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2014 07:46 AM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote