KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Continuing the BZ between me and Carver.

Continuing the BZ between me and Carver.
Started by: One_Angry_Scot

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
One_Angry_Scot
----

Continuing the BZ between me and Carver.

First of all I would like to state if Carver is not happy with this thread taking place it can be removed and nothing more can be said.

As we know I never made my last counter to Carver. So all I will be doing here is pasting mine and Carvers old responses in order then my final reply to Carver.

So far all I know of a confirmed judge is DarkSaint. Leonidas said he wasn't too sure so I am asking Digi and to be honest it is up to Supermex if he wants to revote. I haven't asked him yet but probably will after I finish making all of my replies.

Even if the vote ends up the same way I would just like to know I managed to get my final post in.

So here is Carvers first post. We ended up typing very large messages each so I will state 1 post number and when it is a reply.

Carver's First Post

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carver9
Let's begin. The last discussion One Shot and myself had...he thought Sentry was weakened due to him standing in front of a door for 24 hrs and some humans in a helicopter saying Sentry have mental problems. We also discussed if Sentry was holding back in which he said yes. I asked him again via PM and he said that he will provide that in his posts. I don't know if his stance has changed but if it's the same, I completely disagree with that since it goes against the entire arc and goes against Sentry needing to expend everything in order to stop Hulk. My first scan is Ironman explaining to Sentry the importance of him fighting the Hulk. He explains that Sentry is the only being with enough power to stop a being of this power. Sentry seems worried because he knows that he would have to give EVERYTHING to stop WWH. Sentry standing at the front door for hours took place before the scan i am presenting.

Tony tells Sentry that he would need to play god to save Earth from Hulk as shown here.

(please log in to view the image)

As shown in the scan Sentry is worried. Not worried about him being weakened during a fight like this. He is worried about the power he would have to unleash against an opponent like WWH. He knows that it would take any and everything to stop this being. Let's continue...

As shown in the scan above Sentry knew what kind of power it would take to stop WWH with no evidence 'after this' of him having any mental illnesses. Sentry then join the battle. When Sentry get there, to the battlefield to face Hulk, what does he say? "It's time to play god".

http://i.imgur.com/15bZVh5.jpg

Doesn't sound like a guy that is having any mental issues or holding back. This guy is full of confidence. Let's continue. Now we need to find out if he was holding back his power against the Hulk. Would a guy say this if he was holding back?

Hulk tells Sentry "you don't want this fight Sentry". What does Sentry say?

"Oh God yes I do. You're the only one I can hit like THIS".

http://s118.photobucket.com/user/bi...wwh010.jpg.html

Doesn't sound like a guy that was holding back, let alone weakened. Let's continue...
This next response goes back to the first scan i posted. Here Sentry unleash enough energy to not only throw Hulk some ft away but it has Earth hero's worried. Ben states "I guess he is busting out those powers of a million exploding suns" and what does Reed say after this? "But he's a shizo, scared of his own power...HE'S NEVER UNLEASHED LIKE THIS BEFORE. Tony, what did you tell him?".

http://s118.photobucket.com/user/bi...wwh016.jpg.html

Continued...

Carver's Second Post

Tony states "I told him that sometimes you have to play god". As shown in this scan as well, Pak also have them telling us that everything else on the planet will be destroyed because of Sentry.

http://s118.photobucket.com/user/bi...wwh017.jpg.html

As shown here, this is evidence that Sentry is doing exactly what he feared...he is unleashing all of his power as shown here.

That power he was afraid of using because of the well beings of others has been unleashed. Sentry isn't holding anything back and this isn't per my words either. Sentry tells us he isn't holding anything back.

http://s118.photobucket.com/user/bi...wwh020.jpg.html

"Aaaahhhh Bruce, you have to tell me something, does it always feel this good when you finally let go"?

More proof that he is unleashing. Listen to his words. "All these yrs i tried to calm you down and now at the end of it all, it's me who can't seem to stop".

http://s118.photobucket.com/user/bi...wh0225.jpg.html
http://s118.photobucket.com/user/bi...wwh022.jpg.html

Goodbye old friend. Sentry knew everything was going to end because of his power output which is the reason he told him goodbye. Well, that's what I'm getting from it. I think that is solid proof that Sentry didn't have any mental issues during that fight. To the point that he himself admitted that he was playing god and convinced Tony of this. Convinced Reed and Ben that he was unleashing the power of a million exploding suns and even convinced himself along with others that the world was about to end.

Not in my next reply to Carver's post I commented in 2 lots as my first reply came in at 9600 or so words.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2014 09:48 PM
One_Angry_Scot is currently offline Click here to Send One_Angry_Scot a Private Message Find more posts by One_Angry_Scot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One_Angry_Scot
----

I'm now getting on to pasting in my replies.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2014 09:48 PM
One_Angry_Scot is currently offline Click here to Send One_Angry_Scot a Private Message Find more posts by One_Angry_Scot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One_Angry_Scot
----

Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
I'm now getting on to pasting in my replies.

My reply to Carver's first post (part 1)

First of all, One Shot? I'm not that bad sad

Anyway onto the debate.

Your first paragraph is filled with a couple of misconceptions. I say and stand by it he was weakened by his mental illness but not because of one thing. That's absolutely untrue. And to further continue Carver states that it's because I said he stood in the doorway for 29 hours.

Which isn't true. It is part of my argument. But this is what Carver has left out. Is the actual scan itself.

In which Tony first asks Robert what is he scared of, and he replies with "It's the Agoraphobia. Some days it's...

I can't...

I'm sorry Tony, you'll have to handle this one yourself"

This is the conversation that proceeds after this scan (although it takes place a few comics before)

So carver has left out the part in which Sentry already states the Agoraphobia is affecting him. And as we know Sentry's power varies greatly on his mental state. So that's already 1 huge indicator it was affecting him. And him standing in a door way for 29 Hours is because he was in such a bad state he didn't want to go outside.

Which is common for people with Agoraphobia being scared of going outside (mixing in queues being in crowds) as I know myself. Although I have to admit I haven't clashed with the Hulk before...

He gets it wrong again. He says Sentry standing at the door took place before that scan, He is wrong because as we see, one of the people speaking outside the house says "I thought Iron Man spoke to him when this whole thing started, what the heck happened with that".

So if the person outside is saying what he said. Unless Greg Pak hugely messed up in his writing there is no possible situation in which it could have happened before. As why would they have mentioned Stark talking to him?

First of all I never said he was worried about being weakened. As that isn't what generally goes through a persons head. I will explain what I actually mean compared to what Carver is attributing to it. Sentry says "... Against an opponent this powerful...The amount of energy I'd have to expend...If I lost control, for even a millisecond".

The scan just for reference

By this Sentry means that due to his Agoraphobia he is and rightly so extremely scared of the Void. And when he loses control when he exerts a lot of power due to his mental state he risks releasing the Void. Here is another perfect example.

Here Sentry is with Jim Hammond in a comic.

In this scan Jim Hammond takes advantage of the Sentry by telling him that he is giving him "more of that power you are always talking about". And due to Sentry's nature with regards to his mental state him releasing his power (unless he is stable) can cause him to lose control. And this is why in this scan Sentry flys away. With the only reason being he hasn't lost it here because he isn't actually receiving any power rather than he is being burnt. Except with the fact Jim Hammond is exploiting him so that he can remove him from the Battlefield. What he is speaking of in this scan Carver has mentioned is the exact same thing we see in that comic. But this time Robert doesn't have a choice to leave, as Tony says.

"But at this point, doing nothing is a decision in and of itself. No matter what you do or don't do, billions could die".

Carver then says,

"As shown in the scan above Sentry knew what kind of power it would take to stop WWH with no evidence 'after this' of him having any mental illnesses."

He didn't know what kind of power he needed, he is just saying he would need to exert a very large amount against an opponent like WWH. He then says with no evidence "after this" of having any mental illnesses".

And to be honest I don't really know how to respond to that, if you have read the comic we know that the part where he says

"It's the Agoraphobia. Some days it's...

I can't...

I'm sorry Tony, you'll have to handle this one yourself"

is before this conversation and the scan where Sentry mentions all this energy is straight after he mentions the Agoraphobia. So again I don't see how Carver can suggest he see's no sign of a mental illness when we all know infact this was the part of the same conversation.

Nope Carver mentions this scan. The "It's time to play God". I will explain this as well. As we already know the Agoraphobia was affecting him as I already presented. Then Tony said he had no choice. Sentry clearly wasn't going to intervene anyway until as shown by this scan.

Hulk was playing the role of the Emperor, thumbs up to let the Gladiator live or thumbs down if he is to be killed. Hulk puts his thumb down. Which is when as Tony said it doesn't really matter what he does or doesn't because billions could die. But as he says in the "it's time to play God scan". He tells Robert "You have the responsibility whether you want it or not". And he continues to say "I know you're not ready to hear this Robert, No sane person ever really is. But it's time to play God".

And by saying "No sane person ever really is" he is indicating even for a fully stable person that would be a hard thing to hear, so imagine what it must be like to Sentry?

Him (Carver) saying

"Doesn't sound like a guy that is having any mental issues or holding back. This guy is full of confidence."

Is neither here or there. We already know he was being affected by his Agoraphobia due to what has been said. Him saying "It's time to play God" has no relation to anything. He could be saying it because Tony said it to him or because he sees Hulk is trying to kill someone so Robert is deciding to "Play God" to stop him. Nothing is ever implied with regards to his mental illness.

His next part of his message is Carver trying to describe what someone would say when they are holding back, which is wrong. You can't just attribute words. The thing is with Carvers argument he is trying to go through scans and picking out words (not stating I am not) to say each time Sentry says something it means he isn't holding back. But the thing is it wont work in your favour when the subject you are debating is irrelevant to the scan..

Now adding in part 2 of my reply to Carver's 2nd post.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2014 09:51 PM
One_Angry_Scot
----

Reply to Carver's first Post (part 2)

One thing to think of would be why Hulk said "You don't want this fight Sentry"? This is something for judges to think of (as it is purely an idea.

Was he saying it because he knew what could happen. My idea is that Hulk may have known the implications of what may happen if Sentry did want the fight. Here are the scans for everyone to see.

It reminds me a lot of what Hulk says near the end of the battle.

"Stupid Humans, you think your machines can stop him?"

This section was mainly for judges and a quick question for Carver too I guess.

Again Carver says this "Doesn't sound like a guy that was holding back, let alone weakened. Let's continue..."

He is again attributing words to him, people who are weakened mentally aren't weakened as if they have a broken arm. Sentry is weakened mentally with regards or his power level being lower and he is more liable exert power without caring. So it's another misrepresentation.

quote:
This next response goes back to the first scan i posted. Here Sentry unleash enough energy to not only throw Hulk some ft away but it has Earth hero's worried. Ben states "I guess he is busting out those powers of a million exploding suns" and what does Reed say after this? "But he's a shizo, scared of his own power...HE'S NEVER UNLEASHED LIKE THIS BEFORE. Tony, what did you tell him?".

http://s118.photobucket.com/user/bi...wwh016.jpg.html

Continued...

Carver quotes the scan where Reed says due to Robert being an Agoraphobic Schizophrenic he has never unleashed his power like this.

Now something we need to clarify that Reed hasn't explicitly stated a power level i.e "IT's over 9000!"

He just said he has never seen him unleash it in this way. But like we have discussed when Robert is stable he rarely if anything releases a huge amount of power. He can keep it contained when he is stable. If you recall in Sentry Vol 2 Sentry fights the Void. But did we see him throwing out gargantuan blasts of energy ripping the landscape apart? No we didn't.

Heck look at this scan from the Genis Vell fight.

We can see Sentry and Photon are releasing energy to shatter entire worlds while holding back. But is he letting out so much power that he is levelling a large area.

In fact he is in the microverse where in this case the atoms in the Microverse are the size of planets. So in this world he is barely expending any energy outside of his being.
[/B]

Old Post Dec 8th, 2014 09:58 PM
One_Angry_Scot
----

My reply to Carver's Second Post

Sure I agree with Carver, they said what he said. But it again doesn't imply Sentry was cutting loose deliberately. All they are saying is what they are saying.

Carver again is sneaking in words here. I will highlight the problematic parts of it.

"As shown here, this is evidence that Sentry is doing exactly what he feared...he is unleashing all of his power as shown here."

That power he was afraid of using because of the well beings of others has been unleashed. Sentry isn't holding anything back and this isn't per my words either. Sentry tells us he isn't holding anything back.

http://s118.photobucket.com/user/bi...wwh020.jpg.html"

Firstly we know it wasn't all of his power. That isn't right at all. One we know he was weakened so he wasn't unleashing his full power.

What he was doing was failing to contain the power he was expending due to his mental state.

The other parts I have bolded mainly been explained by my other posts. We know that it's due to him losing control. Like he feared and partly what I think Hulk perhaps not feared but knew would happen. But anyways onto other parts of your message. One quick thing I will throw in. Carver saying "proof he is unleashing" again is neither here nor there. To everyone watching the fight he is unleashing.

I mean imagine me, Carver, Supermex, DarkSaint and Leonidas were all sitting there watching the fight. We would all say he is unleashing. But as we as people reading a comic we can dissect the comic and see that infact he is unleashing. But he is unleashing a lower level of power due to him being weakened.

But due to his bad mental state he couldn't contain it. Which is why Sentry said.

"... Against an opponent this powerful...The amount of energy I'd have to expend...If I lost control, for even a millisecond"."

Because this would happen. He would lose control and end up exerting to much due to his mental state.

Now my final words for the battlezone.

Carver hasn't fully quoted Sentry, this is what he said.

"All these years...I tried too calm you down. And now at the end of it all...It's me...who can't seem to stop. Goodbye old friend"

If Sentry wasn't holding back (under his own control) would he say them words, because if someone wasn't holding back they would repeatedly be pounding into him. But as Robert says "It's me... who can't seem to stop" he is losing control (or has depending on your opinion). Also note Sentry was allowing Hulk to punch him much like in the beginning of the battle where he said "just once more

Carver also says he is unleashing the power of a million exploding suns based on what Reed and Ben said. But like explained I have covered this in another reply.

What I have to add is that at the end of the battle it briefly became World War Sentry #5. Here I will post the 3 scans I am speaking of.

As we see this is right at the end of the battle. There was no other choice for the Hulk than to stop Sentry. He literally had no other choice.

As we see Hulk say.

"Stupid. They can call you whatever they want. Savior. Destroyer. All that matters... is what you choose"

Hulk had one last shot at convincing Robert before he destroyed the world. And this was it. Hulks words get through to the Sentry. As we see in the 2nd panel Sentry's eyes are faltering. Then after they punch eachother for the last time. This happens.

Robert is thanking Bruce for making him think about what he could be, and Robert chose the Savior.

And this is backed up by the man himself. Greg Pak.

This is now the end of my posts on this battlezone. I originally intended it to count as one but now I see it I can't continue to argue in any other direction.

I will make a statement on my thoughts with my last reply.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2014 10:05 PM
One_Angry_Scot
----

Now again Carver had a third post split into 2 parts. Which was the one I never got to reply to.

Well now I have typed it up.

So the format will be

Carver's Third Post (part 1) and 2. Then my rep[lies will be in 2 parts as well.

Carvers Third Post (part 1)

Nothing against you One Angry but your posts seems like a lot of assumptions imo. Let me tell you why...

We all know that Sentry mental illness is ALWAYS there. This isn't something that disappears over time. Even after the WWH arc he was still mentally unstable, so we can't pick and choose which fights to accept as legit for the Sentry because he has issues. We would need concrete proof and I don't think the scans presented is enough.

In the first scan Sentry tells us that some days, his condition isn't... he never tells us if it was impacting him at that moment, he just say "some days". Was his condition messing with him on that day? Probably, but he never told us this, he just said "some days, its... I can't". Sentry then have his talk with Stark and moments later he tells us he is about to play god.

He also states that I left out Sentry telling us that it is affecting him. Where did Sentry tell us this? He never did. He just said "some days, its... that isn't telling us anything. He is letting us know that his condition impacts him sometimes but was it on that day? Did he tell us this? No. He never outright say "my condition is bothering me today. Maybe I need to stay away from fighting the Hulk". You have to remember, this condition is ALWAYS there...which fights do we dismiss for the Sentry and which fight do we accept? Do we accept all of his high showings where he beats or stalemates someone and use it as his average or do we accept all unless stated otherwise by the Sentry that his condition was bothering him. There were times where Sentry straight up owned people even though his mentality wasn't all there. Here is an example of Sentry during his mental stages. He was acting child like during this story, to the point that he attacked Doom for nothing...asking Doom to put things back the way they were.

Doom even tells us he isn't a well man.

http://s388.photobucket.com/user/On...gers10.jpg.html

This same Sentry handles a punch from Ben better than any top tier I've seen.

So here we have Sentry with a child like mentality. Obvious something is wrong with him but he casually owns Doom physically and tanks a punch from Ben better than Thor, Hulk, and BB combined. Is there a limit to this? When do we know when his power is down? It wasn't said during WWH. Hell, the opposite was said (time to play god, you're the only one I can punch like THIS. Does it always feel this good this good to let go).

In the next scan he post where Sentry and Ironman is talking...he said that Sentry was talking about Void when he was discussing the amount of power output he would have to dish out when facing Hulk. Where did he get that from in that scan? No where in that scan did Sentry even mention Void. No where. So I have no ideal where One Angry got that from. Also, in the scan where he is fighting Human Torch, him giving Sentry more power doesn't mean Sentry was weakened. Had a lot to do with Sentry being afraid of his own power.

Also, like I previously said, we can't just dish out every fight that doesn't go Sentry way because of a mental issue Sentry has. If we are saying he was weakened against Hulk, then why not against Genis, Terrax, Absorbing man, etc... this isn't a condition that can be turned on and off. It's always there. So which fights do we accept and not accept? What we do know is that Bob gave his all against WWH because he said "is this how it feels to let go". Nothing was said before hand of him being weakened, let alone having aby mental issues that was hindering him/his power.

He then brings up Sentry being able to contain his power as shown in the Sentry vs Genis fight. How is that containing power when he almost killed Cap while dishing out planetary power near the same surface Cap was on. Genis has to teleport Cap from the battlefield in prevention of him getting killed as Genis and Sentry fought.

Looking at the scans above, Sentry didn't even care about Cap well being. Don't see how anyone would consider that 'containing power'. If Genis wasn't there, Cap probably would've died.

He then states that Sentry during his fight against Hulk was failing to contain the power due to his mental state. That was never said. What Sentry did tell us is, he was letting go. He was Amazed at how it felt to unleash.

Continued...

Old Post Dec 8th, 2014 10:11 PM
One_Angry_Scot
----

Carver's Third Post (part 2)

He say Hulk didn't have a choice but to stop Sentry 'per words'. I disagree entirely. If Hulk words had anything to do with Sentry stopping, why we're they still pounding on each other until the end?

Why continue to pound on someone if you are trying to stop them from fighting. You cant take Pak words for it because he is unsure (and on panel evidence overrides writers opinions) per his own words and Hulk pounded on Sentry until he passed out (and Sentry was hitting Hulk as well) and was carried to the hospital.

So again, you have to ask yourself...what fights do we accept of Sentry. His condition is always there...he's never stable. Do we only accept the fights he wins. Do we only accept his high showings as his norm when he can remember who he is? Where does this stop. In every last one of his fight his mental issues were there. This isn't something that disappears. He is afraid of his own power, that doesn't mean he is weakened every time he is in combat.

As shown here, Sentry rushed in swinging but that's all it took was the right words to send him flying off. Not because he was weakened, not because his powers were being drained, he fled because he was given too much power.

Do we exempt this showing as well? Would this be considered a weakened Sentry? I don't think so because his mentality is part of him. There could be times where he is or could be weakened but I don't think this should be a guessing game. I think it needs to be something that is broadcasted to us. What I do know is that Sentry faced Hulk and said that he was playing god. Sentry also said that "is this how it feels to let go", he also said, "you're the only person I can hit like THIS". Too much is being thrown at us to know Sentry came to the battle with the mindset of taking Hulk out. Pak threw at us in the same story that Sentry was dishing out the power of exploding suns. Pak had Reed say Sentry never used his power like this before. Had people thinking it was the end. All of this was thrown at us and Sentry felt as if he was ready when he jumped into the battle and came in smiling. The evidence is there. The words are there...it's up to you to determine the meaning. While you're thinking of that, answer this. If Sentry wasn't holding back/wasn't at full power, I'm pretty sure all of you are familiar with the character and knows he is mentally unstable. Which fights was he stable? Which fights do we accept for the character and why? Why accept that as a non holding back Sentry and not this one? His mental issues is always there. It doesn't take much to trigger it. As shown here, before this he was fighting Ironman with not trouble at all (will post scans afterwards) and then Ironman use Cloc to load numerous of natural disasters etc and Sentry goes into a mental breakdown because too much was being thrown at him.

http://s388.photobucket.com/user/On...ntry05.jpg.html

Previous showings of the fight.

http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/...onmanv4011p.jpg
http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/...onmanv4011p.jpg
http://img814.imageshack.us/img814/...onmanv4011p.jpg

Was Sentry weakened there as well? When do we accept his loses? He is always mentally unstable. ALWAYS. If Hulk would've defeated him by saying the right words, would that have been a weakened Sentry as well? Hell, what is a Sentry at his Prime? Does anyone know. If he would've defeated WWH, would that have been a Sentry at his Prime? Who knows but I don't think we should classify this fight, his Hulk fight as a weaned Sentry unless stated otherwise 'in the comic'. This falls back on the Gladiator/Kallark thing we have in place. When is he confident? Can I say that since he didn't do this and that against Thor, he wasn't full confident? He was weakened. This applies to every character who's abilities clings to their personality. Hulk being one of them. I have just as much rights as Sentry fans does to say Hulk was weakened since his powers thrives off of his personality. It wouldn't make me any different than One Angry. I'm done unless something else is said after this.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2014 10:16 PM
One_Angry_Scot
----

Now I will be pasting in my replies to Carvers Third Post.

With it being replied in terms of.

My reply to part 1 of Carver's 1st Post (same with 2nd)

Old Post Dec 8th, 2014 10:18 PM
One_Angry_Scot
----

Note I have included too many images. So I will be referencing by number the parts I am referring too.

My reply to part 1 of Carver's 3rd post.

We can pick and choose fights, because we know the mental illness is always there. But on some days it affects him badly and sometimes it doesn’t. You can’t not allow fights to not be chosen because it shows him in a different light due to his mental state. Here for example in his fight with the Collective.

(Collective Fight is I.)

We see that Robert is in an almost catatonic like state. (I will show the specific scans I am speaking of)

And here he is risen from his stupor by Captain America shouting at him. So we already know from the first 2 scans that he is weakened. But we also know he isn’t as weakened as he is in the WWH fight. As he has in the fight with the Collective destroyed an asteroid/moon as a side effect of the battle. Which just from that one panel is more damage than his battle with the Hulk.

So we have the damage he caused in WWH here.

Then we have this damage caused in his battle with the Collective.

“In the first scan Sentry tells us that some days, his condition isn't... he never tells us if it was impacting him at that moment, he just say "some days". Was his condition messing with him on that day? Probably, but he never told us this, he just said "some days, its... I can't". Sentry then have his talk with Stark and moments later he tells us he is about to play god. “

Again here you are misconstruing his words. What does Sentry say after that which you are not showing.
“I’m sorry, you’ll have to handle this one yourselves”
And then you use him saying some days as if that means it wasn’t affecting him or in your words (probably but he never told us this). When we obviously know by his dialogue he is saying some days it affects him badly and this day it is too much, scan for reference…

“Do we accept all of his high showings where he beats or stalemates someone and use it as his average or do we accept all unless stated otherwise by the Sentry that his condition was bothering him. There were times where Sentry straight up owned people even though his mentality wasn't all there. Here is an example of Sentry during his mental stages. He was acting child like during this story, to the point that he attacked Doom for nothing...asking Doom to put things back the way they were”

No, what we do is note when he is mentally stable, mentally unstable and without an illness at all (Death Seed Sentry). I have always thought this. You can create a big story about when we ascertain a power level for him. Ultimately it’s up to posters of KMC who make a battle to decide that.

Doom reads his mind (or perhaps tells via the soul reversal spell) and says he isn’t a well man. I would have thought that someone who could read minds and reads one of an Agoraphobic Schizophrenic is bound to pick that up. Let’s look at another occasion where someone tried to read Sentry’s mind.

“More unsettling was the Sentry’s impenetrable darkness that seemed to stretch infinitely.”

Here is an example of what Emma Frost sees.

It isn’t very hard to read Bobs mind and say “He isn’t a well man”. Regardless of whether he was being badly affected or not. He could be the way he was in Sentry Vol 2 or Vol 1. And Doom could have done the exact same thing and would have been able to tell he was ill. So all you have proved via this statement is that Sentry was acting childlike in this comic. The thing you forget is that in WWH Sentry was asking Hulk to hit him. Was Sentry in that bad a state against the Thing that he wanted to be put down? I will leave that question for you to answer.

Yes we see him easily tank a punch from thing and in your words. “Obvious something is wrong with him but he casually owns Doom physically and tanks a punch from Ben better than Thor, Hulk, and BB combined.”
We know when his power is down when he expresses the fact the Agoraphobia is affecting him, he is almost in a catatonic like state.
It was said during WWH, multiple times and it was implied. You are choosing to ignore it in my opinion.

And again what a surprise you are mixing up my statements. I never said he was speaking of the Void. I said he is scared of exerting his power because he is afraid of the Void. 2 different things. If you knew the character well you would know this to be the case. But you are choosing to ignore this fact.

And again something even more frustrating from Carver. I never implied Sentry was weakened in that scan.

I stated that is an example of when he is being “given” power and he is afraid of the Void emerging. I would like the judges to find a quote where I said he was weakened in that scan. As I don’t think Carver is going to be honest in his intentions of quoting me. As he has already multiple times in his message misquoted my statements.

“Also, like I previously said, we can't just dish out every fight that doesn't go Sentry way because of a mental issue Sentry has. If we are saying he was weakened against Hulk, then why not against Genis, Terrax, Absorbing man, etc... this isn't a condition that can be turned on and off. It's always there. So which fights do we accept and not accept? What we do know is that Bob gave his all against WWH because he said "is this how it feels to let go". Nothing was said before hand of him being weakened, let alone having aby mental issues that was hindering him/his power.”

We can say he wasn’t weakened as much against Terrax or Genis-Vell because…

1. He never stated a large degree of problems affecting him at the time.
2. We can see his power level in the fights. For example shattering entire worlds with his power. Or owning a Herald of Galactus as if he was fighting Spiderman is an example.

And before you go “But One Angry, Sentry exhibited a huge amount of power during WWH”.

Yes he did. But as explained by someone I have been discussing the matter with and our combined discussion.

The Sentry that fought WWH unleashed as much power as he could at the time. He couldn’t unleash (or hold in) anymore due to the fact that he was crippled by his mental state. And as we know he wasn’t at his most powerful and nor was he at his most focused. With regards to him wanting Hulk to punch him etc.

Like mentioned with Hulk calling Bob the Saviour, he is restricted by his humanity that’s why he didn’t outright kill him even though he was losing control. If it was the Void vs WWH Hulk would have been dead near straight away. In short he gave his best that he could at the time bar his mental illnesses, but it wasn’t at all his best.

Credits to Gree from Herochat.

If he had carried on in the fight and hadn’t turned back thanks to Hulk’s words I am pretty sure the Void would have taken over in some way ala Voidtry.

I said the Genis fight was an example of him containing power. But I also know he didn’t fully contain it. Let’s post some scans from the fight for everyone to see.

(Genis Vell fight is II.)

As we can see Sentry says.

“But Captain Mar-Vell was a noble man, a great”—(as Genis interjects)

Sentry then continues.

“He would not jeopardize the entire planet over some grudge match”.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2014 10:25 PM
One_Angry_Scot
----

Old Post Dec 8th, 2014 10:28 PM
One_Angry_Scot
----

One_Angry_Scot
----

One_Angry_Scot
----

So basically the above battles I assigned a number. So when I say it is fight I. I am referring to you visit the post which contains the fight so you can get the point from there.

I am now typing in my reply to Carver's part 2 of his Third Post.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2014 10:30 PM
One_Angry_Scot
----

My reply to Part 2 of Carver's Third Post

This part irked me. As again he misquotes me. Let me show the judges what I actually said.

“Hulk had one last shot at convincing Robert before he destroyed the world.

And this was it. Hulks words get through to the Sentry. As we see in the 2nd panel Sentry's eyes are faltering. Then after they punch eachother for the last time. This happens.”

Carver said this.
“He say Hulk didn't have a choice but to stop Sentry 'per words'. I disagree entirely. If Hulk words had anything to do with Sentry stopping, why we're they still pounding on each other until the end? “

He says that I said he had no choice but words. When that wasn’t the case at all. I said Hulk had one last shot at convincing Robert before he destroyed everything. Hulks words convinced him. And carver brings up oh they were still pounding on eachother.

If you note I said Hulk had one last shot at convincing Robert (I didn’t mention one way or the other that Hulk tried to do so) I didn’t say Hulk’s only chance was by word I said he had one last shot at convincing Robert, so what Carver is attributing to me and what I actually am saying are 2 very different things.

Well Sentry’s words by saying “Thanks” and this by Pak.

Confirms what I was saying. So I will not engage on this point with Carver any further as he has once again misquoted me and misquoted the comic and is going against what the writer has said.
He then brings up the Human Torch showing but again I never said he was weakened, I said it was an example of him being “given power”. So again I will not engage him here as I have already dealt with this.

Because most of this part is Carver asking the same question I don’t need to answer it again.

I will answer his point on the Iron Man fight. Sentry most likely wasn’t as badly weakened. If you notice he never killed Iron Man did he (which would already show he in this comic has at least a more reasonable control over his powers). In fact let’s take an example from Hulk himself.

Hulk is almost subconsciously holding back so he isn’t killing people left and right.

So ask yourself this (while it may not work the same way) is Sentry just going to fight someone inferior to him (Iron Man) and kill him? Sentry wouldn’t dream of killing Iron Man. So again don’t be pernicious. You are trying to attribute is he weakened to every showing when it doesn’t need to be said.
By logic Sentry isn’t going to kill Iron Man unless he was going crazy.

Imagine if it was the Hulk in that position. Is Hulk going to kill Iron Man there? No.

I have a few small points to make to wrap up my last message.

And even if you think this is his most powerful incarnation, I would think about a couple of feats we have for Sentry, the Sentry is a person who has contained a Cosmic Cube, supposedly stalemated Galactus (Nate has confirmed this but some disregard it) and beating Molecule Man among others. Perhaps a little something else.

We already know that Robert was undergoing therapy for going outside of his house.

And like I discussed previously before Robert had no other choice. Which gives credence to the fact he was impaired by his mental state when he stood in the doorway. This and the fact he stated that the Agoraphobia was affecting him.

How about this handbook (the official WWH handbook) which states.

“but the mentally unstable Sentry fearing losing control of himself while unleashing power sufficient to subdue the Hulk, found himself pathologically unable to leave his house.”

This again proves that Sentry’s illness was affecting him. And this isn’t from some fake writer. This is the official handbook.

That’s all I can say for now.

I also feel like I should address some of the previous judge’s opinions about my comments. I will be addressing some comments from Leonidas (I don’t know if this is cheating or whatever (if it is just ignore this part when judging) but I feel I really need to clarify my point.

So here is what Leonidas originally said to me after I made my post.

Originally posted by leonidas
well, since the others are in and i had some unexpected free time, i guess i'll post here.

ima go with carver (collective gasp from forum.... lol)

i think he raised some good points, but i should also add a small caveat. one scot def had a point, i just don't think it was a really defensible point. to the direct question--do i feel sentry had MORE power to put into the fight? yes, i think he could have unleashed more than he did--in fact, he seemed about ready to do so. but....that would seem to indicate that one scot was right leo!! wtf??

well, here's why i think he's wrong--bob unleashed as much power as he was safely able to unleash while remaining in character. had he gone full-planet destroyer, that would have been ooc imo and would likely have led to the void.

i equate it to this--do we say thor holds back every single time he does NOT go into warrior madness?

no, we don't--or we shouldn't.... more apropo, do we say every time hulk doesn't go full on wbh do we say HE was holding back...? again, no, (though there IS some irony here... shifty )

using that standard, i don't think bob was holding back at all.

i also don't buy the mental illness angle--he was fighting his own battle, and he won that battle when he left the room and joined the battle. carver was right on about the illness ALWAYS being present to some degree. i think in this battle though he finally overcame it, as fully as he ever has at least, so i don't see it having been a weakness at all here, as evinced by his willing to lose the last shards of control he was holding on to. beyond that, there is the simple question about just how much more he had to give, and would even it have been enough? i also don't think we need to look at any sources outside the arc directly being spoken of to understand the full scope of bob's mental state as relates to THIS arc.

convoluted answer for what was a tricky question. both were right in part imo, but based on the intent of the story (as i see it) sentry was going as all out as he could while remaining 'sentry the hero' (as opposed to the void, or a planet-destroyer or perhaps sentry the suicide victim), so i agree more with carver in this case.

just my 2 cents because it was asked. good job gents.

First thing is I don’t believe he was in character or had an idea of how much he could unleash before he would start killing people. As currently in the battle Sentry has lost control and as Hulk indicated there was no way the humans were going to stop him and we knew he was losing control. So I disagree with Leonidas here that Sentry here was in or out of character. I don’t think he was either. All I can say is that he was going crazy and he was lashing out while not under his control. And I don’t believe that you can define that as in or out of character. As Leonidas makes the point that he released as much as he could safely while remaining in character, and going by the comic I don’t think Sentry cared (not because he was being vicious but with him being out of control) I don’t think he could reign it in either way.

We wouldn’t say Thor holds back every time he doesn’t go into WM when he is in a fight. But what we can say is as we know Thor generally holds back 1/3 of his total power while on Earth. One time he released these shackles would be when he faced the Void. Again we don’t say Hulk is holding back every time he doesn’t go full WBH. But we know there are times when he hasn’t held back when he didn’t enter that phase. When Jean Grey removed Banner from his mind and he fought Onslaught it’s fair to say he wasn’t holding back as it is Banner who is his inbuilt failsafe. Or how about Nul. Just because he never entered WBH I wouldn’t say he was holding back. But he was prepared to kill Thor wasn’t he?

The handbook I posted already kind of covered this, I don’t think he ever overcame it in the slightest. We see throughout the fight. Sentry says “Just once more” when he is asking Hulk to hit him because he wants to be put down. We see him allowing Hulk to punch him again near the end of the battle. I also disagree that we don’t need to look outside of this arc to understand his mental state. I believe you do. We already get a bigger enough explanation from WWH itself but it doesn’t even come close to giving you an understanding.

I would also like to state I don't mean I am angry with Leonidas as I find him a really nice guy. I just felt that my post wasn't clarified properly.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2014 10:35 PM
One_Angry_Scot
----

Right so this is what I was ready to post.

I hope this is okay.

I will be contacting the various judges shortly.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2014 10:36 PM
carver9

You replied to one of the people who judged the previous battle. Don't know what kind of battlezone this is but it's backwards. Then you have new judges coming in except the one who voted for you. Backwards but oh well...it doesn't matter. This battlezone was over with a long time ago.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Dec 8th, 2014 11:51 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One_Angry_Scot
----

You replied to one of the people who judged the previous battle. Don't know what kind of battlezone this is but it's backwards. Then you have new judges coming in except the one who voted for you. Backwards but oh well...it doesn't matter. This battlezone was over with a long time ago.

First of all Leonidas said he may not be ale to vote. I have asked Supermex.

Pick a judge to replace DarkSaint then.

It's no bother to me.

I also said if that's not allowed then ignore it. So if so the judges can not count it. I don't care either way.

Pick 3 judges.

I picked DarkSaint
Leonidas (if he wants to judge if not then Digi) and then Supermex)

So don't accuse me of choosing different people.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2014 11:55 PM
One_Angry_Scot
----

I can show you the PM Leonidas sent me if you want.

And actually if you really are uncomfortable with DS judging again.

Replace him with Digi.

I honestly didn't know replying to Leo's judgement was not allowed. I used it to clarify my post.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2014 11:59 PM
One_Angry_Scot
----

Leo's message.

Supermex's message.

So no I didn't pick the one that only chose me.

I messaged all of the judges we had previously.

The only reason I was 50/50 on Leonidas was because of what he said (and why I have Digi on standby. And I hadn't PM'd Supermex till 30 minutes ago.

If you want I can PM the mods and ask them to remove that part of my message. If they say it isn't allowed.

Last edited by One_Angry_Scot on Dec 9th, 2014 at 12:05 AM

Old Post Dec 9th, 2014 12:03 AM
carver9

You should of chose new judges all around. Why pick the same ones? Especially when the thread was being derailed with people disagreeing and fussing at the judges for making their decisions. Darksaint is going to vote for you, we know this. Leo voted for me in the other thread and got attacked for it. Supremex got attacked as well. Why even put them in a situation like that again. Then, you replied to Leo, one of the judges in the previous thread, disagreeing with him. This battlezone had nothing to do with Leo, so why reply to him? He gave his opinion, you should've left it at that. This battlezone is sloppy and honestly, I don't care for it. The judges can give their opinions if they want but this should've been handled differently. Even in the other thread. You said that we would do 3 posts each...you then change the rules in the middle of our debate. No, the rules were in place. It should've been left as is. Anyways digi is a good guy and I am ok with him or whoever you choose.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Dec 9th, 2014 12:04 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote