KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Doom 4

Doom 4
Started by: Nemesis X

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Doom 4

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doom_4

If you thought Doom 3 was the last, think again.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2008 04:42 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

so.. will it be scary.. or arcade-shooter ish like some of the regular doom expans?

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Oct 15th, 2008 05:33 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Hopefully its scary.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2008 01:13 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Re: Doom 4

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nemesis X

If you thought Doom 3 was the last, think again.

Thats what people were thinking when they made Final Doom roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Oct 16th, 2008 03:54 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Hopefully it will be doom 3 with better controls, improved graphics, more compelling level designs a better balance of action and horror and a shoulder mounted flashlight.

i wouldnt expect to see this game for 3 or 4 years though.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2008 05:05 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Finally, a trailer. Looks awesome.

I guess this'll make up for me not getting the expansion version of Doom 3 on the 360, since I now have the system.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2008 08:34 AM
Ridley_Prime is online now! Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Looks like this Doom 2 re-told

Old Post Dec 30th, 2008 01:32 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

That's not Doom 4.

Its Rage, another ID Software game. That will be released before Doom 4. Even says it at the end.

Kazenji, are you saying that the trailer looks like Doom 2 being re-told?

If so, I have no clue where you got that. Doom 2 does not have a major gameplay element of driving everywhere.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2008 04:20 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Smasandian

Kazenji, are you saying that the trailer looks like Doom 2 being re-told?

If so, I have no clue where you got that. Doom 2 does not have a major gameplay element of driving everywhere.

No shit!!.......of course there are no cars to drive in Doom 2 but Thats not what i ment roll eyes (sarcastic)

I ment being retold story wise.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2008 07:16 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

What do you mean story wise?

It has nothing to do with Doom.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2008 07:24 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

'Doom 2: Hell on earth' remember that title

Well this Doom 4 looks like its on earth with the demons, Get the picture now ?

Old Post Dec 31st, 2008 07:39 AM
jinXed by JaNx

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Finally, a trailer. Looks awesome.

I guess this'll make up for me not getting the expansion version of Doom 3 on the 360, since I now have the system.

thats not doom 4, dude. You can't fool me becuase it even says that the name of the game is, Rage laughing out loud Seriously, i thought maybe i had missed something because i was thinking the whole time, this isn't doom it's mad max but then all was explained at the end of the video. I was going to say, if thats doom then the developers really dropped the ball because there is nothing in that video that even slightly resembles the Doom story or game play.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2008 08:52 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Yeah. I kinda realized I misinterpreted something someone said on another forum after reading Smasandian's reply as I posted the vid. I was just too caught up in the excitement that I didn't watch the vid before posting it (I just assumed it was a Doom 4 trailer since I saw the name mentioned). embarrasment Rage is made by the same developers too, so it kinda threw me off..

But yeah, sorry about that man. Wasn't trying to fool anyone. erm Next time I'll watch something completely before jumping to conclusions. stick out tongue
*really embarrassed by this*

Old Post Dec 31st, 2008 10:35 AM
Ridley_Prime is online now! Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Originally posted by Kazenji
'Doom 2: Hell on earth' remember that title

Well this Doom 4 looks like its on earth with the demons, Get the picture now ?

Does it look like a Doom game?

No.

Does it have demons in it?

No.

Does it involve tight corridors?

No.

Thus has nothing to do with Doom. Story, gameplay and setting wise.

Its very similar to Mad Max. Apocalyptic earth, driving around with mutants running around.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2008 04:42 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Um.. yeah. About that, Doom 3 is esentially a remake of the first Doom, and the expansion version of Doom 3 is a remake of Doom II (with hell on earth and what not). Doom 4 on the other hand is going to be something new/original, not a retelling of a previous story.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2008 11:56 PM
That ACDC Chick
All That Noiz

the movie better be better this time around roll eyes (sarcastic)
[i liked it but only cause Dexter Fletcher was in it laughing out loud]

Old Post Jan 1st, 2009 01:22 AM
That ACDC Chick is currently offline Click here to Send That ACDC Chick a Private Message Find more posts by That ACDC Chick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Um.. yeah. About that, Doom 3 is esentially a remake of the first Doom, and the expansion version of Doom 3 is a remake of Doom II (with hell on earth and what not). Doom 4 on the other hand is going to be something new/original, not a retelling of a previous story.

Thats pretty much what i was trying to say but Smasandian here could'nt get his head around it cept for this Doom 4 trailer which is now revealed to be for the new game 'Rage'

Also for the expansion for Doom 3 are you its set on earth i seem to read for it it being set on one of the moons around mars.

Originally posted by Smasandian
Its very similar to Mad Max. Apocalyptic earth, driving around with mutants running around.

Obvisouly thats bullshit now since its been revealed that video for for the new game 'Rage'.

Last edited by Kazenji on Jan 1st, 2009 at 05:03 AM

Old Post Jan 1st, 2009 04:56 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by AC/DC'S_LVR
the movie better be better this time around roll eyes (sarcastic)
[i liked it but only cause Dexter Fletcher was in it laughing out loud]

lol The Doom movie.. I remember it. That was a total flop. It became just one of those generic horror movies, and the monsters didn't even have their projectile attacks like in the games. Instead, there was just stuff like Hell Knights with chainsaws (What the f**k? ), and the BFG 9000 served little to no purpose in the movie. Oh, and let's not forget The Rock's terrible acting in the film (Karl Urban did an okay job though, but even he couldn't prevent it from sucking). One of the worst video game adaptions ever..

Originally posted by Kazenji
Thats pretty much what i was trying to say but Smasandian here could'nt get his head around it cept for this Doom 4 trailer which is now revealed to be for the new game 'Rage'

Also for the expansion for Doom 3 are you its set on earth i seem to read for it it being set on one of the moons around mars.

To be honest, I'm not 100% sure if the expansion version was set on earth, but I remember reading somewhere that it was, and it kinda makes sense to me that it would for some reason.

But yeah. Sorry again for letting people's hopes up with that Rage trailer. lol It really did look like a Doom game at first though.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2009 05:43 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Hmm... Now here's something to think about. What do you think the next 'ultimate weapon' will be in Doom 4? In the first 2 games, it was the BFG 9000. In Doom 3, it was the Soul Cube which gave you health upon killing demons with it (and was the only thing capable of defeating Hell's mightiest warrior, the Cyberdemon), and then there was the Soul Stone in the expansion version of Doom 3, which would slow down time, allowing you to use deadly (but slow) weapons on the fast enemies, like the final boss.

Makes me wonder what new ultimate weapon they'll come up with next, though it'll probably be akin to the way the Soul Cube and Soul Stone were used, or they may surprise us with something completely different.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2009 05:49 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

I hope they bring the Cyberdemon back. That is one of the coolest monsters I have ever seen in the Doom series.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2009 09:58 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote