KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Respect' Forum » Respect Namor

Respect Namor
Started by: DarkCrawler

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (82): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Respect Namor

RESPECT NAMOR!

This thread is to make clear that what Namor is capable of doing.

Namor is first character of Marvel comics. And only major superhero of DC that has appeared before him is Superman. Namor has his own share of experience in comics. Namor has born in early 1900’s, making him about 100 years old. He is not a stupid character, master of many languages, and has gained a large amount of money because of his intelligence in business. Nobody who has been alive a century can be stupid. Namor has also great fighting skills (best training of Atlantis) and he is master swordsman.

Namor can fly with speeds easily exceeding the 60 mph (Since that one is error from Marvel Directory’s part, none of his handbooks say anything about his flight speed, he can SWIM at 60 mph, and his speed is listed as 3, which can mean the peak range of 700 mph.) Namor is most likely capable of attaining those speeds, since he could easily keep up with WWII fighter planes as a eleven year old.

Here are some best feats that Namor has done over the years. One could argue that he is only Class 85, or that he isn’t even close to the likes of Thor, or Hulk, but you can watch these feats and remove your doubts.

Breaks through the Crimson Bands of Cyttorak in Marvel Team-Up #8, WHILE ON LAND, knocking out Doctor Strange.

Here...

And

Here.

Dodges an attack coming at him in Mach speeds.

Here

Resists Human Torch who is as hot as Sun (nova), and carries him to water to save his life.

Here

Defeats Captain America and knocks Giant Man out with his shield.

Here

Dodges multiple lasers fired at him.

Here

Is freed from dozens of tons of ice after he has gained only few drops of water.

Here

Holds his breath for minutes in space.

Here

Defeats Sunfire, showing amazing mobility in air (60 mph…roll eyes (sarcastic) ).

Here

Lifts fully loaded tanker (about 110,000 tons without any load, nearly 200,000 with load)

Here

All of these feats were done by old school “Class 85” Namor.

I’m going to continually update this thread when I find more Namor feats. Meanwhile, enjoy the others.
smile

Old Post Aug 9th, 2005 05:30 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark Thor
Restricted

Account Restricted

you're obsessed with him arent you?

Old Post Aug 9th, 2005 05:45 PM
Dark Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Dark Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Dark Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zahit
ON A MISSION FROM GOD

Marvel needs to highlight Namor A LOT more!!!!!!
He is their original superhero.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2005 05:56 PM
Zahit is currently offline Click here to Send Zahit a Private Message Find more posts by Zahit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Dark Thor
you're obsessed with him arent you?

Obsession is an understatement. wink

Old Post Aug 9th, 2005 06:09 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/...orfeat211qk.gif

You see that picture? Namor talks all the time...you would think that Sunfire would snap and say: "SHUT THE HELL UP ALREADY!"

Old Post Aug 9th, 2005 06:29 PM
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

DarkCrawler, did you ever read the New Invaders? I can't recall, but Admiral Peter Nobel--a.k.a. The Fin--is another Bill Everett creation. Everett crafted so many masterful aquatic tales and characters.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2005 06:40 PM
ScarletSpider is currently offline Click here to Send ScarletSpider a Private Message Find more posts by ScarletSpider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

Namors a powerful character, however strength wise he's not on the level of the likes of Thor, Hulk and She hulk. He has the strength to engage them h2h and the abilities to defeat them in some cases but he doesnt hav etheir raw power. This is supported by his strength rating of 6 whereas the high class 100's get a 7 rating.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2005 06:48 PM
GalacticStorm is currently offline Click here to Send GalacticStorm a Private Message Find more posts by GalacticStorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

I read New Invaders. Was Fin in them? I can't recall if he was or not...

Anyway, here is another Namor feat:

Lifts an WWII destroyer that weighs somewhere between 2000-3000 tons and slams it into Attuma with ease.

Here

Old Post Aug 9th, 2005 06:48 PM
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Namors a powerful character, however strength wise he's not on the level of the likes of Thor, Hulk and She hulk. He has the strength to engage them h2h and the abilities to defeat them in some cases but he doesnt hav etheir raw power. This is supported by his strength rating of 6 whereas the high class 100's get a 7 rating.

He's near their level, though.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2005 06:49 PM
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

Also he's hardly lifting the tanker is he. He's more bracing the weight using buoyancy to his advantage and pushing it through the water. If he lifted the tanker on land directly from underneath with arms outstretched above his head then you could say he lifted a tanker. Still impressive nonetheless.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2005 06:54 PM
GalacticStorm is currently offline Click here to Send GalacticStorm a Private Message Find more posts by GalacticStorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
munkiesarus
swimming upstream

Hmm. Interesting. I always ignored him...always felt that in all of the DC/Marvel battles, Aquaman was the cooler of the two. But not anymore...interesting indeed. Those little wings on his feet seemed a bit cheesy to me, though.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2005 09:45 PM
munkiesarus is currently offline Click here to Send munkiesarus a Private Message Find more posts by munkiesarus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

Originally posted by munkiesarus
Hmm. Interesting. I always ignored him...always felt that in all of the DC/Marvel battles, Aquaman was the cooler of the two. But not anymore...interesting indeed. Those little wings on his feet seemed a bit cheesy to me, though.

You're not alone in thinking that.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2005 10:05 PM
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

Namor is cool, he should fight Spider-man.............and Deadpool! eek!

Old Post Aug 9th, 2005 11:47 PM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Creshosk

Oh, I didn't know he could fly. That's cool.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2005 12:11 AM
Creshosk is currently offline Click here to Send Creshosk a Private Message Find more posts by Creshosk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Originally posted by willRules
Namor is cool, he should fight Spider-man.............and Deadpool! eek!

I think he fought spiderman twice, spiderman was getting the upper hand on a ship, no ko on either side though...

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Aug 10th, 2005 12:18 AM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

Cool

Old Post Aug 10th, 2005 12:37 AM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Originally posted by munkiesarus

Look, those wings were badass compared to some shit they did in the Golden Age. wink

Old Post Aug 10th, 2005 06:22 AM
Logan 87
King Of The Cage

Namor sounds kool. He have his own comics called namor ?

I don't give a shit anymore. I don't have a life either. I am gone Kmc. Goodbye

Old Post Aug 10th, 2005 06:40 AM
Logan 87 is currently offline Click here to Send Logan 87 a Private Message Find more posts by Logan 87 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

No...but I wish he would have. He appears on new Defenders miniseries, though, and he does lot of guest appearences in many comics.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2005 06:46 AM
Logan 87
King Of The Cage

Can he beat Superman ? or Aquaman ?

I don't give a shit anymore. I don't have a life either. I am gone Kmc. Goodbye

Old Post Aug 10th, 2005 06:47 AM
Logan 87 is currently offline Click here to Send Logan 87 a Private Message Find more posts by Logan 87 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote