KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » The 100

The 100
Started by: Patient_Leech

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Patient_Leech
Ungod

The 100

This is a great show that my wife and I just started. We're nearing the end of season 1. The show is still going apparently with season 5 premiering in April 2018. The first 4 seasons are on Netflix now. It reminds me of Lost, but better and with sort of a Lord of the Flies vibe in a very cool post apocalyptic sci-fi scenario. And I'm so impressed with how good each of these young actors are and how well developed the characters and story are. And there has already been some great moral dilemmas and intense drama in season 1. It feels very quickly paced, so no time to get bored. It's a pleasantly surprising production...

This trailer makes it look a lot hokier than it is, because I think most of it is from the first episode and it gets much grittier after the pilot...

Anyone else watching this? (No spoilers, please, as I am still only in season 1)

Old Post Feb 15th, 2018 07:18 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

I only watched the pilot, (some years ago now) the Lost vibe and the cast of teenagers didn't really do it for me, feels like one of those shows where they'll just keep going until it gets cancelled and we won't get any answers. Friends keep talking about it though, I'll see how disappointed they are/aren't when it's over before deciding.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Feb 15th, 2018 11:46 AM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

I'll admit the pilot was a little hokey, but it was just a set up and it's been solidly written through most of season 1 so far.

I've found myself highly invested in the characters and story so far and it's a lot grittier than I was expecting.

Highly recommend. I don't see them pulling a Lost ending with this to ruin it all, lol.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2018 01:29 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

I'm relatively up to date with this. First two seasons were pretty good IMO, then it takes a bit of a dip in the writing quality (a few characters become unbearably irritating). But, from what I can remember, the finale of the last season got rid of the excess baggage, and left things on an interesting cliffhanger, so looking forward to the next season.

My favourite character is probably Murphy. He starts off as a completely unlikable tool, but really comes into his own as the story progresses.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2018 04:50 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Finished Season 1. Really good. thumb up thumb up

Old Post Feb 17th, 2018 02:44 AM
ares834

I watched this awhile back. I got through season 3 before quitting but I remember enjoying it quite a bit. I'll probably get around to watching the most recent seasons someday.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2018 03:13 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

We just finished Season 2. This show is great. And it almost got even better when these two kissed...

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

If only Octavia could have joined in... thumb up

(please log in to view the image)

Sadly with the way things went down at the end of Season 2 I doubt they'll have that much desired lesbian scene.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2018 10:08 AM
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Finished Season 3 of this and it's surprisingly gotten better and better. This show is fantastic, I mean assuming you're willing to suspend some disbelief, because it does start to get a little "out there" with some Artificial Intelligence and whatnot, but it's cleverly written and highly entertaining. Gonna move on to Season 4 soon and will then look forward to Season 5 which apparently starts airing soon.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2018 06:52 PM
Flyattractor

Wow. The CW will air ANYTHING.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2018 08:15 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

My wife and I got all caught up on this show. Just finished the last episode of Season 4 last night and Season 5 airs in a week or two.

This is honestly one of my all-time favorite shows now. It's really, really great.

I'm extremely impressed with how good all the characters are with their own individual quirks and how well the plot moves along. Each season has had it's own distinct and major conflicts. It's very well written and highly engaging and entertaining.

Could not recommend more highly, especially if you like science-fiction.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2018 10:49 PM
Patient_Leech
Ungod

We started Season 5 recently. It's really good so far.

(I was annoyed that Clarke didn't find it necessary to lose weight for the opening episode or two, though. That really gets on my nerves)

But this Red Queen shit is pretty brutal...

Old Post Aug 11th, 2018 08:01 PM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

The latest season was better than the previous one IMO. Though there are a few moments that aren't exactly for those who are sensitive. Like an entire episode centered around [SPOILER - highlight to read]: forced cannibalism.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2018 01:27 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
... Like an entire episode centered around [SPOILER - highlight to read]: forced cannibalism.

Ohh.. I have THAT to look forward to. eek! laughing

Old Post Aug 12th, 2018 03:12 PM
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Hm.. maybe she's not so different from her TV counterpart in real life...

The 100 Star Marie Avgeropoulos Arrested in Connection with Alleged Domestic Violence

Old Post Aug 15th, 2018 12:43 AM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

That's not a very flattering picture. Though that poor guy. Now he is going to be known as the guy who had to phone the cops on the 5'5" actress who was beating him up.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2018 01:43 AM
Flyattractor

Actually that is the SMART Thing to do, especially in today's SJW/PC Leftist Fascism World. If He had fought back and defended himself HE would have gotten in trouble. Let the Cops beat her up and take all the heat.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2018 02:31 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Ohh.. I have THAT to look forward to. eek! laughing

And yeah, probably best not to watch this one on steak night lol. Then again, the texture seemed more like a [SPOILER - highlight to read]: human version of a Turkish Delight.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2018 05:06 PM
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
That's not a very flattering picture. Though that poor guy. Now he is going to be known as the guy who had to phone the cops on the 5'5" actress who was beating him up.

Yeah, not flattering at all considering she's actually quite stunningly beautiful. In the mugshot she just looks like white trash that would be a TV star on COPS, not the CW. Haha..

If she was truly devious she should have clocked HERSELF in the face to make it look like she's a victim, too.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2018 09:41 PM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Yeah, not flattering at all considering she's actually quite stunningly beautiful. In the mugshot she just looks like white trash that would be a TV star on COPS, not the CW. Haha..

If she was truly devious she should have clocked HERSELF in the face to make it look like she's a victim, too.

Well, the incident probably wasn't some evil, malicious act. It's probably one of those cases where the person lost their temper in the heat of the moment and lashed out. Now, obviously not condoning that kind of action, but I doubt it was done with some kind of devious intent. Then again, I don't know either of them personally, so am just speculating.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2018 03:17 AM
riv6672

Dear GOD Olivia is such a raging *****. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Also, YAY, the new season finally started! big grin

Old Post May 2nd, 2019 09:41 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote