KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Marvel Netflix shows

Marvel Netflix shows
Started by: Dynomaiteru

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dynomaiteru

Marvel Netflix shows

As a fan of Marvel and, of course, the MCU, would you recommend me to watch Daredevil and Jessica Jones?
Which one do you think is better and why?

Old Post Jun 25th, 2016 02:21 AM
Dynomaiteru is currently offline Click here to Send Dynomaiteru a Private Message Find more posts by Dynomaiteru Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Daredevil by a mile. Jessica Parker is pretty good too, just not at the same level IMO.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Jun 25th, 2016 02:33 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Both are good.
Start with DD season 1, then JJ then DD season 2

Old Post Jun 25th, 2016 02:39 AM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Loved Daredevil. Havent seen Jessica Jones yet. Definitely watch Daredevil!

Old Post Jun 25th, 2016 02:53 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Both are really good, but slightly different shows. Daredevil is a more traditional vigilante-fighting-crime/villains type deal, where Jessica Jones is more of a psychological thriller, to a large extent.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2016 04:00 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I would recommend both, but I do like Jessica Jones better. The story in that show felt a lot more intimate because it's a more personal story. It's solely about her trying to stop a specific villain she has a history with. As opposed to just trying to fight the mob and its leaders for no real reason other than the cliche "it's the right thing to do" mentality.

I also liked the villain from Jessica Jones a lot more than I liked the Kingpin and his cronies.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2016 06:43 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

both are good, but Daredevil is way much better.. Kingpin stole the show in the first season of DD, while the Punisher was badass in season 2

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jun 25th, 2016 07:23 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

You can't go wrong with any of them. I just started Jessica Jones and it's great

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jun 25th, 2016 08:58 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Re: Marvel Netflix shows

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Dynomaiteru
As a fan of Marvel and, of course, the MCU, would you recommend me to watch Daredevil and Jessica Jones?
Which one do you think is better and why?

They're both great but nothing like the MCU movies.

Much darker in tone. Both of them.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2016 09:09 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dynamix

i think so far their Marvel's Neflix Universe world is successful. two series and both were pretty awesome.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2016 11:59 PM
dynamix is currently offline Click here to Send dynamix a Private Message Find more posts by dynamix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

I have yet to watch Jessica Jones.

Am I missing out on anything?

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jun 26th, 2016 02:20 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Impediment

Yes. A good show and a great villain.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2016 05:16 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

DD S2 > JJ > DD S1

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Jun 26th, 2016 05:42 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

well yes, it is a good show, however the villain could have been better..

Old Post Jun 26th, 2016 06:24 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
well yes, it is a good show, however the villain could have been better..
I'm of the opposite opinion. The villain was the best part of the show, along with Cage who was awesome. Everything else was meh.

DD1 > DD2 >>>>>>>JJ

I want to say DD2 is better than 1 just because everything in the begining half along with episode 9 was absolute gold and better than anything in season 1. Everything after that was handled horribly though. The ending just kind of fizzed out. DD1 at least ended with a bang and tied it all up nicely.

PWNT

Last edited by Arachnid1 on Jun 26th, 2016 at 07:46 PM

Old Post Jun 26th, 2016 07:43 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

double post

PWNT

Old Post Jun 26th, 2016 07:46 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Arachnid1
I'm of the opposite opinion. The villain was the best part of the show, along with Cage who was awesome. Everything else was meh.

DD1 > DD2 >>>>>>>JJ

I want to say DD2 is better than 1 just because everything in the begining half along with episode 9 was absolute gold and better than anything in season 1. Everything after that was handled horribly though. The ending just kind of fizzed out. DD1 at least ended with a bang and tied it all up nicely.

Purple Man, IMO could have played much better than he was.. Cage at times was meh, but overall he turned out good

Old Post Jun 26th, 2016 09:56 PM
Darth Thor

DD1 > DD2 for me. The ending of DD2 was a little underwhelming, whereas everything about DD1 was perfection.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2016 10:16 PM
Mindset

Nope, my opinion is the only right one.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Jun 27th, 2016 07:08 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

David Tennant is quite good in it as the Purple Man. I found him more interesting than Fisk.

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
both are good, but Daredevil is way much better.. Kingpin stole the show in the first season of DD, while the Punisher was badass in season 2

I guess I'm in the minority because I liked the show, but I wasn't really blown away by Fisk. I don't think he was bad..just nothing too special. Also imo the Punisher started off bad, but he got better as the series went on.

Last edited by Surtur on Jun 29th, 2016 at 04:09 PM

Old Post Jun 29th, 2016 04:06 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote