KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Gathered facts of Han Solo's age...

Gathered facts of Han Solo's age...
Started by: UnknownBountyHunter

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
UnknownBountyHunter

Gathered facts of Han Solo's age...

Alright, I recently bought The Essential Guide To Planets and Moons which is copyrighted, revised, and approved by LucasFilm, Ltd. and George Lucas himself, refer to copyright pages. The timeline layout shows Ep. IV being 0 years. 10 years in the past is Han Solo on Ylesia becoming a cargo boy at about 18 (Late Teen Years). We established that he was in his mid to late-30's in the OT. This could not be true, for he is only about 27-30 in the OT according to Lucasfilm and EGTP&M. The novel involved is the Paradise Snare, Vol. I of the Han Solo Trilogy. Now, getting to the point, since Ep. I is 30 years before Ep. IV and Ep. II is 20 years before Ep. IV, we could very well see Han Solo during his "Street Urchin" years on Corellia, since the Core Worlds will be used exstensively for the Clone Wars. Between Ep. II and III he could well be from 8-12 years old, and he didn't leave Corellia until he rescues Chewbacca which wasn't until after he was in the Imperial Academy. Any thoughts on this? Boy my fingers are tired!

Old Post Jul 17th, 2000 09:18 AM
Click here to Send UnknownBountyHunter a Private Message Find more posts by UnknownBountyHunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darth stu

han solo in Episode II

if daniel logan, the "mysterious boy" referred to at the official site, is not Han Solo, i will eat my boots!

they practically look alike.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2000 09:38 PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xizor

Perhaps you mixed up the fact that in 1977 Harrison Ford was 35. Lucas meant for Solo to be " around thirty" in the OT. If you were following the books Solo leaves Correllia numerous times before he rescues Chewbacca. It would be cool to see Daniel Logan portray a young Solo except I don't see it fitting into the plot very well. I always imagined Solo as a guy who popped out of nowhere and into the thick of it.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2000 01:00 AM
Click here to Send Xizor a Private Message Find more posts by Xizor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UnknownBountyHunter

Many people agreed on the fact that Han Solo was the same age as Harrison Ford at the time. Also, you keep bringing up the books, and yes that's true in the literary standards, but Lucasfilm had Han's fate as a street-stricken urchin who didn't leave until after he joined the Imperial Academy, which is where he got the chance to pilot around the galaxy, he never left before this.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2000 05:07 AM
Click here to Send UnknownBountyHunter a Private Message Find more posts by UnknownBountyHunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xizor

I did not know that. As for the books it's easy to see why a might forget the tidbits Lucasfilm offers on such subjects after I finish reading a 400 page book on the same thing.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2000 05:39 AM
Click here to Send Xizor a Private Message Find more posts by Xizor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UnknownBountyHunter

The same happens with me, and I wish they went into detail at about when he joined the Imperial Academy, my guess would be 15 or 16.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2000 11:31 PM
Xizor

Yeah, the books had him entering at like 21! It's much more likely he was 15-16, Lucas has a tendancy to want his trainees young. Also this would allow Logan(despite my objections) to play Solo as a 13 year old street rat in Ep2, and then again as a 16 year old in the Acedemy(who may or may not rescue Chewbacca) in Ep3. I still don't like it. I'd rather Lucas stick to slave scirmishes on Kashykk involving Wookie Jedi and bounty hunters.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2000 02:12 AM
UnknownBountyHunter

Yeah, because if Han would ever be used in Ep. II it would be side-story info. Vader and OB1 obviously never recognized him in the OT so I think it is good that Han stayed away from OB1 and Vader until OT, besides it puts more mystery behind him to the movie-stricken fans.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2000 07:46 AM
Xizor

Good Reply.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2000 01:36 AM
UnknownBountyHunter

Thank you smile

Old Post Jul 20th, 2000 03:40 AM
Darth Daft

We won't see Han

Personally I don't think we'll be seeing Han Solo in any of the prequel films as he is introduced perfectly in A New Hope. It just wouldn't be right having him appear in a prequel movie and then reappear in the Original Trilogy to meet Luke.
I also don't believe we'll be seeing the Millenium Falcon either.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2000 03:07 AM
Click here to Send Darth Daft a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Daft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
theEvilJedi

Re: We won't see Han

I have a feeling we will see Chewie in Episode III for some reason.

Obi-Wan Kenobi: (Looks up at his chains) "Good job!"

Old Post Oct 5th, 2000 03:09 AM
Click here to Send theEvilJedi a Private Message Find more posts by theEvilJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Daft

Yes possibly

Yeah maybe. Chewie is meant to be about 200 years old after all.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2000 03:11 AM
Click here to Send Darth Daft a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Daft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
theEvilJedi

Re: Yes possibly

And yet no grays.laughing out loud

Obi-Wan Kenobi: (Looks up at his chains) "Good job!"

Old Post Oct 5th, 2000 03:12 AM
Click here to Send theEvilJedi a Private Message Find more posts by theEvilJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gundark
Mayhem

Re: Yes possibly

I agree with Darth Daft. I don't see how (even as a side story) that introducing Han Solo would benefit episodes 2 or 3. There is so much material that GL has to cram in with the evolving thing of Anakin/Vader that there isn't room for it. A walk-by of a Wookiee would be possible, but not necessarily Chewbacca.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2000 05:28 AM
Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Han Solo is going to be incredibly old in the new movie.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Apr 19th, 2015 08:35 AM
Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Maybe he can join Indiana Jones in the geriatric home of 80s film hero's.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2015 03:29 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Exactly!

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Apr 19th, 2015 09:03 PM
Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

I bet they get along great together...

Old Post Apr 20th, 2015 06:28 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote