KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » House Of El: Goals For 2015

House Of El: Goals For 2015
Started by: LordofBrooklyn

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
LordofBrooklyn

House Of El: Goals For 2015

What should be our goals for 2015?

Old Post Dec 30th, 2014 04:12 AM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Continual Gamma Church Annihilation and Mockery.

Make Thor look even worse then Marvel does.

Keep Purple Titan Alliance Strong.

Recruit new members into the House.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2014 04:42 AM
Time Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Also bang your momma.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2014 05:40 AM
Time Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

We must find out the whereabouts of, Rao Kal El!

So we can boot out Time as quick as possible!

Old Post Jan 1st, 2015 07:17 PM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
We must find out the whereabouts of, Rao Kal El!

So we can boot out Time as quick as possible!

Rao left me in charge. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2015 09:06 PM
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Break Sinners of Thor Corps.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2015 04:39 AM
riv6672

Re: House Of El: Goals For 2015

Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
What should be our goals for 2015?

So, you have no actual ideas of your own? huh

Well, lets see...
1. Post on KMC.
2. Extoll the virtues of your imaginary role model.
3. Pick said role model to win every match up regardless of wether he really would or not.
4. Liberal use of the word "LIES!"
5. Start spite threads against peers of role model in attempts to prove role model's superiority.
6. corner the market on bold red font.

smile thumb up

Old Post Jan 5th, 2015 11:19 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Re: House Of El: Goals For 2015

Originally posted by riv6672

Well, lets see...
1. Post on KMC.
3. Pick said role model to win every match up regardless of wether he really would or not.
5. Start spite threads against peers of role model in attempts to prove role model's superiority.

smile thumb up

We were not talking to you pussay laughing

Old Post Jan 5th, 2015 02:54 PM
One_Angry_Scot
----

Obviously not a House of El member

I like to think of myself as a huge Superman fan considering me and -Pr- are making a DCNU Supes respect thread.

I'd say with Superman he has some crazy feats (planetary+etc)

And I think in all aspects while it's good to say it. I think it's better to get the scan before you make the argument. I think a lot of the reason arguments for Supes go against him is because we have a couple of people that go absolutely bonkers with explaining his feats (h1a8) for one. Then he won't post the scan.

I think if when we or people in the House of El say but Supes can shatter planets show the scan where he talks about it. When somebody says he isn't planetary +. Instead of bringing up non sequiturs show the Brainiac ship scan. Or Pre Flashpoint if that's what you're debating.

I didn't mean this as if to say Supes fans don't show evidence. More that as we know he has high level feats when going into debates you need to be prepared with scans so that the thread doesn't bounce off into a slanging match.

I often make large explanations with Sentry, as did Enzeru when he used to post on the Versus Forum.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2015 03:16 PM
One_Angry_Scot is currently offline Click here to Send One_Angry_Scot a Private Message Find more posts by One_Angry_Scot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

Re: Re: House Of El: Goals For 2015

Well, lets see...
1. Post on KMC.

smile thumb up

I have at least ONE idea!

To destroy you wherever you post on KMC!

Old Post Jan 5th, 2015 06:40 PM
riv6672

Good luck with that. thumb up

Old Post Jan 5th, 2015 11:07 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Good luck with banging my whore of a mothersmile

Old Post Jan 6th, 2015 04:05 AM
riv6672

LoB, you can all use a close up of this Super butt as a uniform avatar, to be more organized this year.
(please log in to view the image)
Tack on your group's acronym, and everyone can say "the HOEs are all up in this thread!"

Old Post Jan 6th, 2015 06:51 AM
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Quit trolling the thread you dumbass.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2015 03:57 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

It is time to take over the House of El and make it powerful again. Scott, are you with me on this? Let's make a Sentry and Superman House!

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Jan 6th, 2015 04:39 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

As the current Ruler of the House I approve this.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2015 04:40 PM
One_Angry_Scot
----

Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
It is time to take over the House of El and make it powerful again. Scott, are you with me on this? Let's make a Sentry and Superman House!

It sounds like a good idea to me but with a couple of precautions. I know the whole House of El thing is sometimes used as a bit of a joke.

now I don't mean that badly

What I mean is we have the LoB cursing (which is actually funny and that's a jokey side which I think is 100% fine.

But here is a problem I think if we were to work together while hardly any of us go mental with calculations we have Boardwalker and I know you McAbe find him a decent guy. He is a huge trouble causer. He starts the whole "Superman flying through a Multiverse".

And to be quite frank if we were to join up so to speak I don't want him hijacking the Sentry for his merits.

I have spoken before about the fact I have 2 mental disorders. And part of this comes with not an obsession but great interest in him. And I think if he says. Sentry is merged with the Omniverse it would greatly upset me. It upsets me how it butchers Superman as well.

Haven't we all noticed how he goes way over top and what happens? People on KMC will instantly begin to have a dislike for Supes because of a few people.

So if we could do it like this way.

We have 2 separate things.

We have the House of El that LoB and everyone else can make reference to.

So the jokey side where Time and LoB are arguing about who is the true leader or when LoB argues with Bada and stuff. You know just the general stuff.

But then we have the serious side. The side where we all discuss Sentry and Superman without H1 (in some cases) and Board Walker pseudoscience even by comic standards type talk.

Here is one thing we could discuss

Sentry and Superman are like 2 sides of the same coin.

(don't take notices of descriptions I give for power level as I am not making this a who is stronger debate)

Sentry is a man given Godlike power (the literal ability to do almost anything he wishes but he is given a human psyche to cope with it. Which is what makes Sentry what he is. What people often hate him for is due to them failing to understand the premise of the character.

For example like I was saying here is an example of the Sentry being notified of all these disasters.

Here is what happens to the Sentry. He is rendered still by the thought of all of these disasters.

Whereas Superman is a man (or Kryptonian male) not given but has enormous power but he has a comic psyche so when he hears the screams of people he can bring back the words of his "father" who can tell him not to do everything because it would be impossible.

Whereas with the Sentry he is driven insane by the mere thought of it. And it's only thanks to CLOC that he isn't driven permanently insane.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2015 05:47 PM
One_Angry_Scot is currently offline Click here to Send One_Angry_Scot a Private Message Find more posts by One_Angry_Scot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One_Angry_Scot
----

I would like to clarify also that to LoB personally I know via PM you are an extremely nice person. I find you very pleasant and have always been willing to help me out.

I didn't mean my first few sentences to have a go at you. I just meant we should keep the 2 sides of a so called Discussion Group separate.

I think turning it into a house mentality also while it isn't always bad it generally ends up developing a bias mentality.

I'd be happy to have a discussion area or group whatever but it needs to be kept separate from the whole House of El jokes that are seen a lot on this forum.

Last edited by One_Angry_Scot on Jan 6th, 2015 at 05:54 PM

Old Post Jan 6th, 2015 05:50 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
It sounds like a good idea to me but with a couple of precautions. I know the whole House of El thing is sometimes used as a bit of a joke.

now I don't mean that badly

What I mean is we have the LoB cursing (which is actually funny and that's a jokey side which I think is 100% fine.

Sure, I agree with your points in general. I would also see our House, or maybe not a House but something else, as a serious approach to debates, with an own code of behaviour, like no bashing, no low or high balling, no disrepect etc.

LoB is a good guy and funny ^^.

But here is a problem I think if we were to work together while hardly any of us go mental with calculations we have Boardwalker and I know you McAbe find him a decent guy. He is a huge trouble causer. He starts the whole "Superman flying through a Multiverse".

And to be quite frank if we were to join up so to speak I don't want him hijacking the Sentry for his merits.

I have spoken before about the fact I have 2 mental disorders. And part of this comes with not an obsession but great interest in him. And I think if he says. Sentry is merged with the Omniverse it would greatly upset me. It upsets me how it butchers Superman as well.

Haven't we all noticed how he goes way over top and what happens? People on KMC will instantly begin to have a dislike for Supes because of a few people.

I like BW because I am 100% positive that he doesn't takes his post seriously, he doesn't wants to start trouble he is just being silly and people take him far to serious, it's his thing and I can get some chuckles and I think that's all he wants, he really doesn't wants people to take his stance seriously.
He has his own house or club, don't worry^^. Our house should have people who follow our code.

Sure that's normal, because of some people here chars like Superman, Hulk, Wolverine (not anymore) and Thanos are hated.

So if we could do it like this way.

We have 2 separate things.

We have the House of El that LoB and everyone else can make reference to.

So the jokey side where Time and LoB are arguing about who is the true leader or when LoB argues with Bada and stuff. You know just the general stuff.

But then we have the serious side. The side where we all discuss Sentry and Superman without H1 (in some cases) and Board Walker pseudoscience even by comic standards type talk.

I am down for this approach. We would have a name and an code and rep the chars honestly and without bias.

Here is one thing we could discuss

Sentry and Superman are like 2 sides of the same coin.

(don't take notices of descriptions I give for power level as I am not making this a who is stronger debate)

Sentry is a man given Godlike power (the literal ability to do almost anything he wishes but he is given a human psyche to cope with it. Which is what makes Sentry what he is. What people often hate him for is due to them failing to understand the premise of the character.

For example like I was saying here is an example of the Sentry being notified of all these disasters.

Here is what happens to the Sentry. He is rendered still by the thought of all of these disasters.

Whereas Superman is a man (or Kryptonian male) not given but has enormous power but he has a comic psyche so when he hears the screams of people he can bring back the words of his "father" who can tell him not to do everything because it would be impossible.

Whereas with the Sentry he is driven insane by the mere thought of it. And it's only thanks to CLOC that he isn't driven permanently insane.

You are right. Sentry is a good way to show what would happen to a normal human if he was blessed with such powers, it would be simply to much, to hear and know about this suffering, having all those powers and still feel powerless to change something, or decide who to help.

Superman is like an idol made for us to show us the way, what we should strife to achive, which, even if impossible, should be our goal, to make the best of us, our abilities, ourselfes and our society.

I wish they would make a crossover, where those two don't duke it out but learn from each other and work/talk.

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Jan 6th, 2015 07:00 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One_Angry_Scot
----

Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
Sure, I agree with your points in general. I would also see our House, or maybe not a House but something else, as a serious approach to debates, with an own code of behaviour, like no bashing, no low or high balling, no disrepect etc.

LoB is a good guy and funny ^^.

I like BW because I am 100% positive that he doesn't takes his post seriously, he doesn't wants to start trouble he is just being silly and people take him far to serious, it's his thing and I can get some chuckles and I think that's all he wants, he really doesn't wants people to take his stance seriously.
He has his own house or club, don't worry^^. Our house should have people who follow our code.

Sure that's normal, because of some people here chars like Superman, Hulk, Wolverine (not anymore) and Thanos are hated.

I am down for this approach. We would have a name and an code and rep the chars honestly and without bias.

You are right. Sentry is a good way to show what would happen to a normal human if he was blessed with such powers, it would be simply to much, to hear and know about this suffering, having all those powers and still feel powerless to change something, or decide who to help.

Superman is like an idol made for us to show us the way, what we should strife to achive, which, even if impossible, should be our goal, to make the best of us, our abilities, ourselfes and our society.

I wish they would make a crossover, where those two don't duke it out but learn from each other and work/talk.

I actually made a cover for a crossover some time ago. Made a couple of mistakes though.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2015 07:40 PM