KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Animations / CGI » Avatar: The Legend of Korra

Started by: menokokoro

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (127): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
menokokoro

I don't know if this should be in the anime section or not because it is american....oh well, I'm putting it here.

So yeah, they are making a new Avatar series set 70 years after the end of The Last Airbender. I think it sounds awesome, I always wanted more "Mythology."

Anyway, what do you think?

Article here.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2010 08:40 PM
menokokoro is currently offline Click here to Send menokokoro a Private Message Find more posts by menokokoro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
menokokoro

I thought a lot more people would be on here...you know more than just me.

Maybe it's because it is not on the anime forum

Old Post Jul 28th, 2010 11:42 PM
menokokoro is currently offline Click here to Send menokokoro a Private Message Find more posts by menokokoro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

It's entirely possible, since people can't tell the difference between anime and stylized american animation. The premise certainly sounds interesting to me.

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Old Post Jul 29th, 2010 03:02 AM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
menokokoro

I'm hoping it's going to be as good or better than the original. It does sound like it has potential

Old Post Jul 29th, 2010 11:08 AM
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Being set so far in the future means it fans will be introduced to new characters while many familiar settings are revisited. I'm a little said they didn't decide to cover the loose ends at the end of The Last Airbender, but I am looking forward to this.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2010 05:34 PM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ankur29
ankur

hmm aang must of had a short life ....

i thought the avatars have a long life span

Old Post Jul 29th, 2010 07:00 PM
ankur29 is currently offline Click here to Send ankur29 a Private Message Find more posts by ankur29 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

He was, what, around maybe 10 during the Fire Nation War? Add 70 to that and you've got 80, a more than respectable amount of time to live, especially in a world that lacks modern medicine, I'd say.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2010 07:49 PM
AuraAngel
Hegemon

New Avatar series is awesome. Hope it's good.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2010 02:51 AM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

I Look forward to this.

Hopefully we get some love for the old characters like flash backs.

We should see some action from Aang, though, as he educates Korra on the ways of the force.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2010 03:34 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by dadudemon
I Look forward to this.

Hopefully we get some love for the old characters like flash backs.

We should see some action from Aang, though, as he educates Korra on the ways of the force.

but i hope aang sounds like vader big grin

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 30th, 2010 05:36 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

If ever it is as good or better than the original series, then count me in.

I loved the original series. T'was one of the best Western anime I've ever watched.
Good storyline, action-packed, characters with solid backgrounds. Eyecandy is OK-ish and comparable to Japanese anime even.

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Jul 30th, 2010 04:34 PM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ankur29
ankur

Originally posted by XanatosForever
He was, what, around maybe 10 during the Fire Nation War? Add 70 to that and you've got 80, a more than respectable amount of time to live, especially in a world that lacks modern medicine, I'd say.

but theres magical healers confused

does anyone know old roku was?

Old Post Jul 30th, 2010 09:25 PM
ankur29 is currently offline Click here to Send ankur29 a Private Message Find more posts by ankur29 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

At that time the only healers were Katara and possibly some women of Nothern Water Tribe, and sure, Katara was likely around Aang at most, if not all, times, but healing battle wounds and illnesses still won't prolong your natural lifespan.

Given his appearance, I'd be willing to say Roku was between ages fifty and seventy-five, personally.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2010 09:29 PM
dadudemon

Originally posted by XanatosForever
At that time the only healers were Katara and possibly some women of Nothern Water Tribe, and sure, Katara was likely around Aang at most, if not all, times, but healing battle wounds and illnesses still won't prolong your natural lifespan.

Given his appearance, I'd be willing to say Roku was between ages fifty and seventy-five, personally.

He was around 70 when he died. thumb up

Old Post Jul 30th, 2010 09:58 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Ha ha! Confirmation....damn, I wish there was a Phil Ken Sebben smiley.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2010 11:24 PM
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Aang would actually be around 60 when he died and I believe the creators established his shorter life was attributed to him freezing himself for 100 years.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2010 12:58 AM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
menokokoro

Originally posted by TheAuraAngel
Aang would actually be around 60 when he died and I believe the creators established his shorter life was attributed to him freezing himself for 100 years.
I was thinking the same thing. Kind of like the movie "Forever Young" [SPOILER - highlight to read]: he ages the years he was frozen at the end. But there is also the possibility that he is still alive and there is just another reason there is a new avatar...though, I don't see how that could be, and I hope isn't the case.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2010 12:15 PM
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Originally posted by menokokoro
I was thinking the same thing. Kind of like the movie "Forever Young" [SPOILER - highlight to read]: he ages the years he was frozen at the end. But there is also the possibility that he is still alive and there is just another reason there is a new avatar...though, I don't see how that could be, and I hope isn't the case.

Nah, he's dead. The only way I could see there being another Avatar was if Korra somehow learned how to energy bend. But Aang will likely do what Roku did and we'll get to see him helping and guiding Korra.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2010 06:55 PM
menokokoro

yeah thats what I keep telling people. a LOT of people think that Aang is GONE! But they forget...Korra IS Aang...I used caps a lot in that sentence...

Anyway, The plot seems a little too slapped together, I mean its pretty much X-men, the people against the benders sounds like the people against mutants. Idk though, they could make it pretty cool though.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2010 12:12 AM
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Originally posted by menokokoro
yeah thats what I keep telling people. a LOT of people think that Aang is GONE! But they forget...Korra IS Aang...I used caps a lot in that sentence...

Anyway, The plot seems a little too slapped together, I mean its pretty much X-men, the people against the benders sounds like the people against mutants. Idk though, they could make it pretty cool though.

Well the plot of the first one didn't seem special either. One Nation is bad, The Avatar has to bring peace. It's the little details like the eclipse and comet that made the plot more grandiose in nature. Hope they can work in certain things like that here as well.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2010 06:06 PM