KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Darth Malak vs Satele Shan

Darth Malak vs Satele Shan
Started by: QuakeBlood

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
QuakeBlood

Darth Malak vs Satele Shan

1. Sabers
2. Force
3. All-out

Battle takes place on neutral ground

Old Post Apr 6th, 2016 05:46 PM
Click here to Send QuakeBlood a Private Message Find more posts by QuakeBlood Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syndicate

They're pretty even in all tbh.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2016 05:59 PM
Click here to Send Syndicate a Private Message Find more posts by Syndicate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

No they really aren't.

Satele stomps.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2016 06:11 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syndicate

*Shrug* He's implied to be a superior warrior to Revan.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2016 06:14 PM
Click here to Send Syndicate a Private Message Find more posts by Syndicate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

And he still died while amped after Revan took on an entire army and Bastila three times. Not that him being a shit warrior was even the point.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2016 06:15 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Apr 6th, 2016 06:16 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syndicate

quote: (post)
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
And he still died while amped after Revan took on an entire army and Bastila three times.

True enough but it implies parity in regards to skill and physicals.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2016 06:17 PM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

No, it doesn't. And Satele can slow down time and teleport. Malak is out of his depth.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2016 06:24 PM
Syndicate

It actually does. Just because Revan has a superior connection to the Force doesn't make him a better duelist or more physically powerful ( though he CAN make himself more physically powerful via augmentation ).

Was unaware she could do either. Props to Satele then and with that I agree that she could take this.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2016 06:30 PM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Originally posted by Syndicate
It actually does. Just because Revan has a superior connection to the Force doesn't make him a better duelist or more physically powerful ( though he CAN make himself more physically powerful via augmentation ).

No, it actually doesn't. Being more technically skilled than Revan, which was what Karpyshyn meant, doesn't change the fact that Malak was outclassed in pretty much all other categories, including the Force, which is why he died, and Revan didn't. Given his belief that raw>power skill in a lightsaber anyway, Drew would never make Malak comparable to Revan in the way you're describing, especially if he loses while amped, majorly.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2016 06:33 PM
QuakeBlood

Malak killed the two jedi on the star forge (just before you face him), with no problems at all.

In Leviathan Revan/Bastila/Onasi were utterly outclassed by Malak.

And he[Malak] still died while amped after Revan took on an entire army and Bastila three times.

Yeah, Revan was powerful

Are you trying to imply Malak is weak from this?

Last edited by QuakeBlood on Apr 6th, 2016 at 06:37 PM

Old Post Apr 6th, 2016 06:34 PM
Click here to Send QuakeBlood a Private Message Find more posts by QuakeBlood Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

I'm implying there's no parity. Reading's really not that hard at all.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2016 06:36 PM
QuakeBlood

I meant "weak" compared to Satele...

Old Post Apr 6th, 2016 06:39 PM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

I'm implying there's no parity. Reading's really not that hard at all.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2016 06:39 PM
Syndicate

No, it actually doesn't. Being more technically skilled than Revan, which was what Karpyshyn meant, doesn't change the fact that Malak was outclassed in pretty much all other categories, including the Force, which is why he died, and Revan didn't. Given his belief that raw>power skill in a lightsaber anyway, Drew would never make Malak comparable to Revan in the way you're describing, especially if he loses while amped, majorly.

It actually does. If he's more technically skilled and physically comparablewhen taking into account base physicals and augmentation that shows parity as warriors. Obviously with the Force involved Revan is superior but from a pure lightsaber standpoint it leaves things in doubt.

The way I'm describing? Which way is that? I'm simply saying superior skill and comparable physicals would indicate parity between the two as warriors. If you thought I was taking the Force into account when I said warriors then I'm sorry for not clarifying. I was referring to a lightsaber only fight.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2016 06:48 PM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

It actually does. If he's more technically skilled and physically comparablewhen taking into account base physicals and augmentation that shows parity as warriors. Obviously with the Force involved Revan is superior but from a pure lightsaber standpoint it leaves things in doubt.

It doesn't. The way Karpyshyn designs his lightsaber duels is that power in the Force matters more than anything in determining how well one performs with a lightsaber. Malak's technical skill also has zero basis in actual feats going for it, so hype from his author won't really win him a debate.
quote:

The way I'm describing? Which way is that? I'm simply saying superior skill and comparable physicals would indicate parity between the two as warriors. If you thought I was taking the Force into account when I said warriors then I'm sorry for not clarifying. I was referring to a lightsaber only fight.

Read the above. It's not what it means at all, and there's nothing to back it. This is KotOR Revan anyway, so I doubt he's using the Force in anyway that would suddenly make any of Malak's supposed parity evaporate.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2016 06:51 PM
Syndicate

It doesn't. The way Karpyshyn designs his lightsaber duels is that power in the Force matters more than anything in determining how well one performs with a lightsaber. Malak's technical skill also has zero basis in actual feats going for it, so hype from his author won't really win him a debate.

Read the above. It's not what it means at all, and there's nothing to back it. This is KotOR Revan anyway, so I doubt he's using the Force in anyway that would suddenly make any of Malak's supposed parity evaporate.

It does. It's a statement from the author friend. There's no getting around it. Since Revan wasn't smashing the blade out of Malak's hand with his strength, overcoming him with his speed or getting around his guard with his agility I can only assume they're pretty even in lightsaber combat aside from endurance which is Revan's game given he has a superior connection to the Force that he can continue to draw energy from.

It's not what what means? My statement? I'm pretty sure I can better interpret what I mean then you can. I didn't say he would be. If they're around the same level but Revan has more force reserves to draw on to win out in a fight then he's going to be the eventual victor, which he was.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2016 07:11 PM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

It does. It's a statement from the author friend. There's no getting around it.

>completely ignores what the author actually meant
quote:

Since Revan wasn't smashing the blade out of Malak's hand with his strength, overcoming him with his speed or getting around his guard with his agility I can only assume they're pretty even in lightsaber combat aside from endurance which is Revan's game given he has a superior connection to the Force that he can continue to draw energy from.

Yeah, that doesn't make any ****ing sense at all. Having a great connection to the Force doesn't automatically give you great augmentation. You don't need to be comparable to someone in anything to not instantly die either. You've also ignored the fact that Revan is amped during the entire encounter and constantly restoring himself. Guess that little detail just wasn't important.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2016 07:14 PM
Syndicate

>completely ignores what the author actually meant

Yeah, that doesn't make any ****ing sense at all. Having a great connection to the Force doesn't automatically give you great augmentation. You don't need to be comparable to someone in anything to not instantly die either. You've also ignored the fact that Revan is amped during the entire encounter and constantly restoring himself. Guess that little detail just wasn't important.

The author means that Malak was more technically skilled.

I didn't say that it did.

Did you mean Malak? And if you did then that simply means Revan's force reserves were greater then Malak's with the addition of the Star Forge amp.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2016 07:39 PM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Malak already beat someone with a saberstaff

He should win here

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post May 13th, 2016 03:52 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote