KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » Football (Soccer)

Football (Soccer)
Started by: G.P

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (527): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
G.P
living bank advertisement

Football (Soccer)

Well I'm creating a new football thread in order to continue a general discussion about the teams, the referees, all about this sport... without going off-topic in another thread...

Old Post Oct 13th, 2003 05:42 PM
G.P is currently offline Click here to Send G.P a Private Message Find more posts by G.P Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

what? not even a starting note?

well, who's leading the french league?

Old Post Oct 13th, 2003 05:43 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
G.P

...we were talking about the different national teams and the bad French team that is helped by the referees...

Well, I think technically the penalty kick was not justified but that it is not due to a referee conspiracy...

Old Post Oct 13th, 2003 05:44 PM
G.P is currently offline Click here to Send G.P a Private Message Find more posts by G.P Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

yeah, a mistake because it all happens so fast, but in the end, there shouldn't have been a penalty

Old Post Oct 13th, 2003 05:46 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
G.P

quote:
Originally posted by yerssot
what? not even a starting note?

well, who's leading the french league?
I was writing my starting note in order not to make people think it was a restricted topic...

Monaco's leading (yeah) , and Paris Saint-Germain is 5th (it doesn't deserve it, but the team had a lot of luck recently...)

Who's leading in Belgium ?

Old Post Oct 13th, 2003 05:47 PM
yerssot

hmm, thought monaco wouldn't get a licence to play in first? must have misheard messed

in belgium anderlecht is leading, 5 points ahead of Genk and 7 of Club Brugge (my favorite team and arch-enemy of anderlecht)

oh well, the last 8 years, we were always in the top 2, can't say THAT of anderlecht big grin

Old Post Oct 13th, 2003 05:50 PM
G.P

Well, Monaco can play in France or in Italy...
This year, they had some finacial problems, but the control organization allow them to stay in first league...Moreover, as Monaco is not geographically in France, the players of this team don't have to pay taxes (or just a few)... That's very attractive, and that's one of the reasons why Morientes came there

Old Post Oct 13th, 2003 05:59 PM
yerssot

yeah, I know, just that I heard that and it surprised me

Old Post Oct 13th, 2003 05:59 PM
G.P

which thing surprised you ???

So *waiting for Kes to return to talk about the referees*, I don't understand how Belgium could have been eliminated...

Old Post Oct 13th, 2003 06:09 PM
yerssot

them not getting a licence!

well, quite easy, we lost twice to bulgaria and once very badly to croatia (4-0!!!), then you're just not worth going to the finals!

Old Post Oct 13th, 2003 06:10 PM
G.P

Well in France, people are very serious with economic situation

...Because you have some great players... messed

Old Post Oct 13th, 2003 06:18 PM
yerssot

we do??? who do you have in mind then GP??

Old Post Oct 13th, 2003 06:19 PM
G.P

don't know, I'm a little bit disappointed...I think Belgium deserve more to go to the playoff than Slovenia, Latvia, or even Scotland...

Old Post Oct 13th, 2003 06:23 PM
yerssot

dunno, I don't think we deserved it
we played bad

Old Post Oct 13th, 2003 06:44 PM
G.P

You had a difficult group...

Old Post Oct 13th, 2003 06:54 PM
Kes
Philie

quote:
Originally posted by G.P
which thing surprised you ???

So *waiting for Kes to return to talk about the referees*, I don't understand how Belgium could have been eliminated...

I replied in the other thread.
He was falling down and he had is arms out to stop the fall.
I think he had his eyes closed.
The ref with the flag (cant remember what they are called in english couldnt even see what was going on cos the french player was in front of him. He only signaled it cos the player asked. So the happening to fast is wrong, plus signal a penalty that he didnt see in a golden goal situation does sound like conspiracy. The were just protecting the champion.
By the way they won 98 cos it was at home and Brazil was shaken by what happen to Ronaldo.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2003 07:09 PM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

Portugal is playing lousy. Well they are getting better but they dont run!!!
Figo is the only doing something!
At least that lousy goalkeeper, Baia is def out! Thank good!

Old Post Oct 13th, 2003 07:12 PM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

I thought he was ok-ish messed

Old Post Oct 13th, 2003 07:30 PM
G.P

Who's replacing Vitor Baia ?

Well I don't think it is a conspiracy... Our former captain, Didier Deschamps, was good at talking referees into doing something shifty (he was a good player and a very good captain)...

To me the fact that the referee gave an extra time of 4 mins that allowed the French team to score...but a friend of mine told me that it was due to the fact that Italy tried to gain some time...

Old Post Oct 13th, 2003 07:35 PM
yerssot

4 is a LOT for overtime you know!

Old Post Oct 13th, 2003 07:37 PM