KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Character Respect Forum » Respect Clubber Lang

Respect Clubber Lang
Started by: majid86

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
majid86
Restricted

Account Restricted

Respect Clubber Lang

James "Clubber" Lang is a fictional character that appeared as Rocky Balboa's rival in the 1982 film Rocky III. He was played by the popular "bodyguard to the stars" Mr. T, who was 29 years old when the film was launched. The character is very loosely based on a combination of Sonny Liston, Larry Holmes, and George Foreman.[1]

Many of the character's catchphrases from Rocky III have become common in popular culture, and particularly in Mr. T's career.

Popular catchphrases
"I pity the fool." (Clubber originated the phrase, which has since become synonymous with Mr. T himself.)
"My prediction: Pain."[4]
"Dead meat."
"I'll fight him (Rocky) ANYTIME, ANYWHERE, for NOTHIN!"
"Got a LOTTA MO fo you Balboa! A LOTTA MO!"
"I reject the challenge 'cause Balboa is no challenge. But, I'd be more than happy to beat up on him some more."
"I'll Bust You Up"
In the film, Clubber throws a temper tantrum in the locker room before his first fight with Rocky Balboa and refers to the press as "parasites and leeches." Mr. T would use this phrase several times in his career, including in a 1985 interview with David Letterman

Old Post Jul 20th, 2010 03:41 PM
majid86 is currently offline Click here to Send majid86 a Private Message Find more posts by majid86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Clubber Lang in real life MIGHT have been able to beat Ivan Drago from Rocky 4.Rocky though would NEVER have been able to beat him in real life.I mean come on,Appollo Creed his nemisis, went toe to toe with him to the wire in his fights,Creed lost to Drago and Rocky was only able to beat Lang because Appollo trained him how to beat him.Lang if he had not taken Rockys bait to keep hitting him,Rocky would not have won.

Lang was strong enough to maybe beat Drago and he would have fared FAR better against him than Creed did.Rocky NEVER would have been able to last 15 rounds with him.give me a break.He wasnt even able to last more than 3 rounds with Lang.He had to beat him in the third round remember? and Appollo and his friend in Rocky 3 were also talking about how Rocky would have to put Lang away early because he would never be able to last more than 5 or 6 rounds with Lang remember?

Drago was stronger than Lang yet Rocky somehow has the strength of spider-man to last 15 rounds with Drago? yeah right. roll eyes (sarcastic) Drago was a superman.Lang might have been able to beat him.but not Rocky. laughing

Last edited by Mr Parker on Jul 20th, 2010 at 08:14 PM

Old Post Jul 20th, 2010 08:09 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
majid86
Restricted

Account Restricted

'No, i dont hate Balboa but i pity the fool'

Old Post Jul 27th, 2010 03:29 PM
majid86 is currently offline Click here to Send majid86 a Private Message Find more posts by majid86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bro SMASH

Even though I can see the George Foreman influence, I don't see the Larry Holmes and Sonny Liston parts (unless it has to do with Liston's own influence on Foreman).

http://th07.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2012/358/5/d/ultimate_crossover_by_vanishingwalker-d5kg5ey.jpg

Last edited by Bro SMASH on Nov 23rd, 2012 at 05:50 AM

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2012 05:47 AM
Bro SMASH is currently offline Click here to Send Bro SMASH a Private Message Find more posts by Bro SMASH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggerman

"Don't give that sucka no statue, give 'em guts! I told you i wasn't going away. You had your shot, NOW GIMME MINE!"

"I'M THE JUGGERMAN B!TCH"

Old Post Feb 21st, 2013 03:31 PM
juggerman is currently offline Click here to Send juggerman a Private Message Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

As a young guy, i of course hated Lang.
But, the man made good points. He was just doing what he had to to get his shot.

And Lang would have taken out Drago!

Old Post Jun 12th, 2014 10:32 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NinaWilliams

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mr Parker
Clubber Lang in real life MIGHT have been able to beat Ivan Drago from Rocky 4.Rocky though would NEVER have been able to beat him in real life.I mean come on,Appollo Creed his nemisis, went toe to toe with him to the wire in his fights,Creed lost to Drago and Rocky was only able to beat Lang because Appollo trained him how to beat him.Lang if he had not taken Rockys bait to keep hitting him,Rocky would not have won.

Lang was strong enough to maybe beat Drago and he would have fared FAR better against him than Creed did.Rocky NEVER would have been able to last 15 rounds with him.give me a break.He wasnt even able to last more than 3 rounds with Lang.He had to beat him in the third round remember? and Appollo and his friend in Rocky 3 were also talking about how Rocky would have to put Lang away early because he would never be able to last more than 5 or 6 rounds with Lang remember?

Drago was stronger than Lang yet Rocky somehow has the strength of spider-man to last 15 rounds with Drago? yeah right. roll eyes (sarcastic) Drago was a superman.Lang might have been able to beat him.but not Rocky. laughing

Apollo is fast and evade some punches of Drago. Clubber Lang is slow and receives all the punishment. Lang would be knocked out before the four round, easily.

Drago is a supersoldier created by Soviet scientists, by hormones, anabolics, steroids and other substances.

fter this training, the technical team Drago, along with Manuel Vega moved to Moscow to Ivan to become part of the program Gagarin (named after first Russian cosmonaut and training system before space travel) where a Spartan training exhaustive and, together with the application of performance improvement hormones, muscle mass achieved which makes it almost reach 125 kg, getting stuck levels of over 300 kg of pressure (equivalent to a blow produced by a small car at a speed of 90km / h).

In 1985, Soviet authorities consider that Ivan is ready to make the leap to international boxing circuit. With organizing a tour of combat for various U.S. cities scheduled to have three fights, one an exhibition against boxer portoriqueño Amelio Silva, the next against former champion Clubber Lang, to compete for being the applicant (Clubber Lang sought a third bout, this time as revenge for him to finally decide the championship) and finally challenge the champ Rocky Balboa for the world heavyweight title. But Apollo's intentions of wanting to fight with Ivan Drago, did change the schedule, replacing Amelio Silva Apollo Creed, taking advantage of Apollo was known and would be more humiliating defeat than a semidesconocido Amelio Silva.

The Russian delegation returned to Moscow, and aware of the difficulty Balboa knocking out (but impossible) starts the Gagarin II, a more technically advanced that involves injecting hormones more efficient performance than previous exercises along with psychological Drago to give mental strength and confidence to believe they are invincible.

He is billed at 261 pounds (118 kg, over 18 ½ stone). He wields a punch with which has been measured between 1850-2150psi, whereas the average psi for a boxer is 700psi. He is also a Captain in the Red Army and as seen on his chest, is a recipient of the Hero of the Soviet Union award.

Old Post May 26th, 2015 09:55 PM
NinaWilliams is currently offline Click here to Send NinaWilliams a Private Message Find more posts by NinaWilliams Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

Clubber destroyed Rocky the first time and IIRC that was when he was training dolo cause he was that badass. Clubber with either Rocky's training or Drago's juice would be like fighting Captain america

Old Post Jan 12th, 2016 07:21 PM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote