READ THIS FIRST! Welcome to Unhosted- post game ideas here
Welcome to the Unhosted Role Playing area at KMC.
This is the home for role-playing games that have no poster (or group of posters) in charge- hence 'Unhosted', as opposed to Hosted games which are run by a poster(s), often known as a Games Master, or GM. Most on-line RPs are Unhosted, hence this is the biggest RP area.
Unhosted games don't tend to have rules as such, but the community inside each game decides what and what is not acceptable. Playing is simply a matter of adding a post in-character, thouygh many RPS often require some sort of registtraiton process first, normally just to establish who your character is.
It is very important that you do not confuse this sort of RP with carry-on fiction. RPs are all about playing a role, hence the name. Playing these roles often goes towards creating a story, but if writing a story with other people is specifically what you are interested in, there is an forum for that inside the General Fiction area.
There are some simple rules for Role-playing in this area.
1. Be polite and considerate at all times- especially to a long-established gaming community in one of the older RPs. Whilst obviously, people who come in spamming and insulting will be warned, so too will those who upset the balance of a game to the detriment of its players. Always have respect for a game you are playing in.
Note- obviously, it is acknowledged that in-character, you may be making insults that you don't actually mean as a person. These will not be acted against, but do make sure everyone knows what is fantasy and what is reality.
On that same note, whilst a certain flexibility for issues of violence in-game is given, please stay away rom overty sexual or otherwise inappropriate content- remember, these are not adult forums
2. Please do not take liberties with the freedom this area offers. With no literal rules, it is easy to create a superhero character with infinite power who can destroy the Universe in a blink of an eye... but a. that shows absolutley no imagination and b. it is totally unfair on other players who are trying to create a more measured story. Playing a totally dominant character in a game does not make you a better person!
3. As well as respect for a game, also respect other people's characters- this is very much the Golden Rule of Unhosted RPing. Don't just kill others off, or totally do them over, or totally undo some work they have done, just like that, for no reason, with no plot or drama, simply because you wanted it that way. This sort of egoism makes for very bad games. Players being caught doing exceptionally nasty things to others- and believe me, we have seen all sorts here over time- will face immediate bans from the RP areas, and if necessary bans form the board.
All that out of the way... the one part of this ares which IS very heavily regulated is in the creation of new games. This rule is important so I shall highlight it:
DO NOT SIMPLY OPEN A NEW THREAD CREATING A GAME!
It will be closed. ALL GAMES must have permission from me before they start. This is because we otherwise get drowned in hundreds of games which no-one wants to play, which were opened by someone who thought it seemed a good idea at the time, and then forgot about it.
The process for permission is in fact very simple. Post and outline your idea, like:
"I have an idea for a game where we all play ancient dragons awoken after hundreds of years sleeping and trying to discover what destroyed our old world. You can play any colour dragon and make up your powers to fit who you are."
That idea, regardless of whether it is popular, works well as an idea because it says a. what you are, b what the setting is, and c. what the plot is. Any idea lacking any of these three things is likely to get many people scratching their heads, not sure what the point of the game is.
Once posted, simply wait for people to say if they are interested. If the idea looks fair, I normally approve the game once about four or five people show interest. Once I have given permission, you may open your thread and begin play. Real life is often a big distraction for me, and your idea may go unchecked for a while- I try to check this thread at least once a week, but delays can occur. Please be patient- I often view those who cannot be patient about an idea as obviously not being very committed to it.
Finally, three other rules about submitting game ideas:
1. The only place I will consider game ideas is this thread. Please don't PM me with game ideas or asking for permission- if I allowed that, I would get flooded, and answering some would be unfair on others.. I will simply ignore such PMs.
2. For the sake of space, a maximum of two threads per game please- normally one gaming thread (obviously), an a second thread for discussion of the game, registration for the game, or both.
3. Please don't fill up this thread with unneccessary chatter! It makes it harder for me to go through it. Keep it strictly for game ideas and interest in them, thanks.
4. Do NOT select characters in this thread. It wastes huge amounts of space and time. This is purely for the pitching of ideas and showing of interest, NOT for any form of content creation. Game ideas which encourage character selection in-trhead will not be allowed.
That's all. Thanks for your interest, and have fun gaming!
Post away with your new game ideas...
"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"
"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"
Last edited by Ushgarak on Nov 16th, 2006 at 07:21 PM
please can i start a diablo2 rpg
it would start after the destruction of the world stone and it would be about the brother hood of darkness
you can be any of the following eather male or female(apart from amazon)
you and you party have been sent to investagate a powerfull energy that has been senced by the elders of the ariet summet the brother hood have gotten a hold of peace of the world stone and are using it to restor the 3 prime evils agains odds you must get to them and stop them.
__________________ kaze aka silvertsume
DemonXangelX she rocks
Gender: Male Location: Over there. Maybe there, too.
The Legend of Luke RPG: This is the last time i'l post this:
Martin the Warrior, Gnoff the Prince of Mousethieves, Dinny Foremole, and Trimp the roaving hedgehog venture from Redwall Abbey to the northern shores where Luke, Martin's father abandonned him as a child. He find's 4 of the surviving crew of the Gorleech who were with his father on his adventure, and they tell him all about it
(Thanks Raijin) Xbox Live-Frisky Marcus
Change my attempt, good intentions.
Should I? Could I?
Many fictions of the SSBM game agree that the "Smashers" (those playable characters in the game) all reside in a mansion ran by Master Hand amd Crazy Hand (the final boss in the game) during the tournament. Now, the tournamnt is no longer limited to Nintendo but all games except MMORPGs. Crazy is the one who frocibly brings the Smasher to the mansion, against the Master's will.
The RP is not just about the tournament, (rarely anyway) but the Smashers just living together and Master Hand's frequent attempts to have them all murdered.
You will start the game in your respective universe until Crazy Hand (myself) appears to offer you a chance to partake in a friendly tournament. The prize will be the fact you got to prove you are the best interdimensional hero or villain. I will also play Master Hand along with two of my favorite game characters. Megaman and Protoman, despite never have playing their games. And if no one plays Samus either, I'll play her too.
You will live in the mansion, sometimes going places where Master Hand hopes you die a painful horrible death or partaking in the tournament where Crazy Hand will pair you up.