KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Martian Manhunter vs Wonder Man

Martian Manhunter vs Wonder Man
Started by: basilisk

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
basilisk

Martian Manhunter vs Wonder Man

I was thinking who is the closest equivalent in Marvel to Martian Manhunter? I don't mean like Vision, who has some similarities, but in terms of basic jobbability? Someone high tier who seems to promise but doesn't deliver most of the time?

My conclusion was Wonder Man. With Martian Manhunter he says stuff like "People forget I'm as strong as Superman" and Supes says things like "MM is the most powerful being on the planet". Then we have things like Simon saying "my fists hit like Thor's hammer" and "I'm in a class only Thor can touch", and guys like Arkon saying he hits "harder than Thor". But then they both get knocked out.

So who wins a no BFR, no prep fight?

1) Physical brawl with no powers other than strength and durability.

2) All powers, except MM can't use TP.

3) All powers.

Old Post May 24th, 2015 02:32 PM
basilisk is currently offline Click here to Send basilisk a Private Message Find more posts by basilisk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

The funny thing is, even in his first showing, the writer trumps up his punches as Mjolnir like, and then has him actually hit Thor it's all "but it didn't really hurt him, sucker punch, caught off guard but no damage" excuses. Real impressive, knocking Thor into a pit with a sucker punch that didn't even bloody his lip. laughing out loud

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Last edited by cdtm on May 24th, 2015 at 02:57 PM

Old Post May 24th, 2015 02:54 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Martian Manhunter wins. He's a tier above Simon.
1) MM wins with slight difficulty
2) MM destroys
3) close this thread for spite against WM

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post May 24th, 2015 05:08 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

i could see simon taking this in straight h2h, no shapeshifting or anything, but it would be close every time. maybe about a split imo.

the other 2 jonn takes him pretty easily.

Old Post May 24th, 2015 05:23 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Wonder Man chokes him out cold. MM panics in the choke and forgets he has powers

Old Post May 24th, 2015 05:46 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Somewhere Martian Mind weeps.

Old Post May 24th, 2015 05:51 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote