KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Batman, a TellTale games series

Batman, a TellTale games series
Started by: -Pr-

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Batman, a TellTale games series

https://www.telltalegames.com/blog/...batman-for-2016

No idea what it might be like, but fingers crossed.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2015 05:39 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

I'm a bit burned out on Telltale. I'll probably give this a shot, but a bit more down the line. I hope the story doesn't center on the joker for once.

PWNT

Old Post Dec 4th, 2015 05:44 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I feel these newer interactive novel style Telltale games are a bit overrated imo, I prefer the more Point & Click ones, Which are still getting made somewhat.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2015 05:56 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

YES PLEASE, WANT NOW.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Dec 4th, 2015 06:20 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Assuming you're Batman himself, I'm sure the gameplay will handle the detective work part of him well, based on my experience with other TellTale games.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2015 10:13 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

This won't be an action game, methinks.

Point, click, choose your own path, etc.

The Walking Dead Games and The Wolf Among Us were utterly brilliant, and I expect no less from this entry.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Dec 4th, 2015 11:07 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

At first, I was wondering how they would do this.

And then I realized it could be an awesome detective Batman game without having all that action from the AK series. If they did it more of a point click adventure than the story centric Walking Dead/Wolf Among Us game.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2015 01:45 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FinalAnswer
Flower

Holy shit, TellTale needs to stop making new series and spreading their writing staff out.

Howdy!

Old Post Dec 4th, 2015 02:01 PM
FinalAnswer is currently offline Click here to Send FinalAnswer a Private Message Find more posts by FinalAnswer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I haven't played Game of Thrones or Tales of Borderlands but they were well liked so I don't think they are spreading that writing staff.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2015 02:07 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Jmanghan
YES PLEASE, WANT NOW.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2015 02:55 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

A Batman story with hard choices to make, branching storylines and a p/c detective system? Awesome. And even fight scenes in TellTale are pretty dope when you get all the prompts right.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2015 04:46 PM
KingD19 is online now! Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FinalAnswer
Flower

Originally posted by Smasandian
I haven't played Game of Thrones or Tales of Borderlands but they were well liked so I don't think they are spreading that writing staff.

While it was alright, everything past Episode 1 of The Wolf Among Us was not quite as good, and the series suffered from some obvious rewrites.

Season 2 of The Walking Dead was shit though, only barely redeemed by a handful of characters, and this is specifically because they split up their writing team.

I've heard everyone generally enjoys the Borderlands game, but I've heard plenty of people complain about the Game of Thrones one, and their Minecraft series is complete dogshit.

Howdy!

Last edited by FinalAnswer on Dec 4th, 2015 at 08:53 PM

Old Post Dec 4th, 2015 08:47 PM
FinalAnswer is currently offline Click here to Send FinalAnswer a Private Message Find more posts by FinalAnswer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Borderlands is effing incredible and I personally really enjoyed Wolf Among Us the whole way through. I still need to play through the GoT and Walking Dead S2 though.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2015 08:51 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FinalAnswer
Flower

I mean, don't get me wrong, I enjoyed The Wolf Among Us quite a bit, but from what I understand they had a whole other different thing planned that got rewritten past episode one, causing the whole thing to feel rushed. Episode 1 was great, but after taking four months for Episode 2, it felt pretty inferior, and the rest of the series lacked the adventuring, investigating element from Episode 1/TWD Season 1, and just felt like one big constant push from point a to point b. TWD Season 2 suffers from the same thing.

Howdy!

Old Post Dec 4th, 2015 09:01 PM
Arachnid1

Originally posted by FinalAnswer
I mean, don't get me wrong, I enjoyed The Wolf Among Us quite a bit, but from what I understand they had a whole other different thing planned that got rewritten past episode one, causing the whole thing to feel rushed. Episode 1 was great, but after taking four months for Episode 2, it felt pretty inferior, and the rest of the series lacked the adventuring, investigating element from Episode 1/TWD Season 1, and just felt like one big constant push from point a to point b. TWD Season 2 suffers from the same thing.
You should give Borderlands a go. From what I hear, its their best so far.

PWNT

Old Post Dec 4th, 2015 09:03 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

I'm getting really sick of telltale games. They need to at least start diversifying the game play or start giving the player influence over the story.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2015 09:08 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FinalAnswer
Flower

Originally posted by Arachnid1
You should give Borderlands a go. From what I hear, its their best so far.

I've never played a Borderlands game.

Howdy!

Old Post Dec 4th, 2015 09:38 PM
Jmanghan

Flowers are ugly.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Dec 4th, 2015 09:40 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Neither had I. I still laughed myself breathless many, many times.

I didn't feel that, personally. It felt inferior to what?

Last edited by Nephthys on Dec 4th, 2015 at 09:47 PM

Old Post Dec 4th, 2015 09:44 PM
FinalAnswer
Flower

Inferior to the previous episode. As I said, it lacked as much of the adventuring element as episode 1, and didn't feel like it had as much content. Maybe I got this irritated over this because I had to wait 4 months, I dunno, but the rest of the series in general just felt a bit rushed and not as well put together as the first part.

Howdy!

Old Post Dec 4th, 2015 09:52 PM