KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Thanos VERSUS Skyfathers

Thanos VERSUS Skyfathers
Started by: LordofBrooklyn

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
LordofBrooklyn

Thanos VERSUS Skyfathers

KMC, by depictions only answer the following questions.

1. Is Thanos a Skyfather?

2. If the Mad Titan is a skyfather where does he rank?

Old Post Jun 7th, 2015 09:00 PM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insane Titan

1.Yes

2.low

Old Post Jun 7th, 2015 09:04 PM
Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

He is breaching a Skyfather. If he is one, it's in the low end but an argument can be made for Thanos being at that level.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Jun 7th, 2015 09:07 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

CABAL, could you add a poll to this thread?

Yes, Thanos is a Skyfather
NO, Thanos is not a Skyfather

Old Post Jun 7th, 2015 09:14 PM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads...olor_4x_lrg.jpg

Name the ones or beings from their pantheons around their level more impressive than Thanos. Hell you could include Death Gods for that matter.

Just because Thanos isn't Odin or Zeus level that doesn't make him not in the Skyfather range of power. Hell, Odin is outright the most powerful one and that doesn't make him above the range. The only real reason Zeus is above Thanos is because he was stated to be equal to Odin for that matter. Though Zeus does have impressive things going for him.

The only real being from a Pantheon with feats above Thanos besides Odin is Ibis/Thoth. Including Death Gods, Seth is always amped against Odin and Odin always weakened, and even then Seth does... not very good (though the galaxy busting is a thing), hell, Seth does worse than Thanos did. Mephisto is probably the next guy with feats above Thanos, but Mephisto has been portrayed as something entirely beatable by Thanos. Pluto would get raped, Hela would get raped.

And so on like that. If you take Skyfather to mean "Odin/Zeus level" then no, Thanos isn't one. If you take Skyfather like you do for heralds (Nova to Surfer), then Thanos is mid-ish.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2015 09:59 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I will admit when I think of skyfathers I do indeed think of people Odin/Zeus level. I feel if you want to say someone like Thanos is a skyfather then it just makes the term less impressive.

Since, if Thanos is a mid-ish skyfather, Odin is high end. But then Odin is so above Thanos that does Thanos really belong just one tier below?

Last edited by Surtur on Jun 7th, 2015 at 11:16 PM

Old Post Jun 7th, 2015 11:13 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
basilisk

1) No.
2) He doesn't rank.

I'm basing this mainly on Odin & Zeus too but that's only fair because we see very little of the other skyfathers. But if they are close to Odin & Zeus they are above Thanos. Yes, it's quite possible he's close to some of the weaker pantheons but we just don't know so I'm not giving it to him by speculation.

And not only is Thanos less powerful in a straight up fight but he lacks other wide ranging abilities that IMO come with being a Skyfather - things like matter transmutation, time warping, limited reality warping, prophecy etc. We've seen Odin stop, time, put the entire population of earth into stasis, and move them to another dimension, and various other things that are just far beyond Thanos's capabilities. That stuff comes with the position - there is more to being a skyfather than just being a physically powerful thug.

That's why people generally have him in a trans category, he's certainly at a high level but just not quite that high.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2015 02:08 PM
basilisk is currently offline Click here to Send basilisk a Private Message Find more posts by basilisk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

He is higher than skyfather.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2015 02:11 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Atrocitus

No he isn't

Old Post Jun 8th, 2015 11:22 PM
Atrocitus is currently offline Click here to Send Atrocitus a Private Message Find more posts by Atrocitus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Atrocitus
No he isn't
Yes, he is.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2015 12:02 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Originally posted by quanchi112

When am blue And need a laugh, I come here and read your post.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2015 12:19 AM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by SquallX
When am blue And need a laugh, I come here and read your post.
Read Thanos Imperative if you doubt my words.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2015 12:21 AM
ODG

Originally posted by Branlor Swift
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads...olor_4x_lrg.jpg

Name the ones or beings from their pantheons around their level more impressive than Thanos. Hell you could include Death Gods for that matter.
I think Death Gods get a pass because they're generally omnipotent in their realms... and sometimes their realms appear to be largely dependent on their existence. Which I don't think is an unfair way of looking at it. I don't speak for everyone but it's crossed my mind several times.

If Thanos created/sustained/ruled a realm that he was omnipotent in, I'd place him much higher than I currently would.

Revamped Thor Respect Thread Revamped Loki Respect Thread
Revamped Hulk Respect Thread Revamped Iron Man Respect Thread

Old Post Jun 9th, 2015 12:55 AM
ODG is currently offline Click here to Send ODG a Private Message Find more posts by ODG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

Originally posted by quanchi112

Not even Starlin would make this statement about the emo eggplant.

Continue to fail Thanosi.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2015 01:26 AM
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Thanos loses to Odin but beats Zeus.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2015 01:28 AM
Time Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Sky Fathers would generally give Galactus a decent fight no? All Father Thor gave me that impression.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2015 01:31 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
Not even Starlin would make this statement about the emo eggplant.

Continue to fail Thanosi.
Are you sure about that ? He had Thanos surviving due to willpower over mastering the hotu. Thanos is on another level.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2015 01:39 AM
Tattoos N Scars
Modern Day Drifter

You can't be sky father or above if you lose to squirrel girl, Quan.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2015 04:40 AM
Tattoos N Scars is currently offline Click here to Send Tattoos N Scars a Private Message Find more posts by Tattoos N Scars Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars
You can't be sky father or above if you lose to squirrel girl, Quan.
That isn't canon. smile

Old Post Jun 9th, 2015 04:46 AM
zom1967

I would think Thanos should now be considered sky father level,there seems to be at least 14 or so sky father level beings in earth`s patheons.I would put Thanos at 6 to 8 on this list,with Odin having the most power!

Old Post Jun 9th, 2015 04:51 AM
zom1967 is currently offline Click here to Send zom1967 a Private Message Find more posts by zom1967 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote