KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Resident Evil 4 Remake

Resident Evil 4 Remake
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Arachnid1

Resident Evil 4 Remake

https://www.videogameschronicle.com...-evil-4-remake/

Take this as a rumor until Capcom themselves confirm it. I see people calling VGC reliable as far as leaks go, but I'm not aware of them.

To this day, RE4 is my favorite game of all time. I'll be there day one for the collectors edition. I'm also one of those people who thinks the original RE4 was a "lightning in a bottle" kind of situation. I'm not sure they could recreate the same pacing and magic without doing a 1:1 remake (which I don't want since I always can and always do replay the OG game; I actually want them to make it more of a horror focus and maybe take the series in a new direction tonally consistent with recent games).

(please log in to view the image)

PWNT

Last edited by Arachnid1 on Apr 12th, 2020 at 04:38 PM

Old Post Apr 12th, 2020 04:24 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Thought it was ok back in the day.

I had way more fun with God Hand then RE4, which came out around the same time.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2020 05:28 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Re: Resident Evil 4 Remake

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Arachnid1
https://www.videogameschronicle.com...-evil-4-remake/

Take this as a rumor until Capcom themselves confirm it. I see people calling VGC reliable as far as leaks go, but I'm not aware of them.

To this day, RE4 is my favorite game of all time. I'll be there day one for the collectors edition. I'm also one of those people who thinks the original RE4 was a "lightning in a bottle" kind of situation. I'm not sure they could recreate the same pacing and magic without doing a 1:1 remake (which I don't want since I always can and always do replay the OG game; I actually want them to make it more of a horror focus and maybe take the series in a new direction tonally consistent with recent games).

(please log in to view the image)

If this is true, it will be a 1:1 remake.

And that's OK. I would be happy with a complete graphic overhaul. New 4K textures with HDR and ray tracing would make this already incredible game..even better.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2020 05:37 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

I hope it doesn't happen.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Apr 12th, 2020 05:51 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Re: Re: Resident Evil 4 Remake

Originally posted by Smasandian
If this is true, it will be a 1:1 remake.

And that's OK. I would be happy with a complete graphic overhaul. New 4K textures with HDR and ray tracing would make this already incredible game..even better.
It seems like it should be true. They claim their multiple sources are all from the development team. Unless the dude who wrote the article is straight up lying, this is as close to a confirmation as we'll get until Capcom announces it.

I wouldn't mind a 1:1 graphical update with some quality of life improvements (we'll have to ditch stationary shooting which means overhauling combat aggressiveness of enemies), but IMO they should just use this as a chance to reboot the series action slant that RE4 caused. I think making the main characters more grounded is the only way to bring them back as protagonists in future horror installments. That way, they can tie in RE7 and on with the new direction and just retcon 5 and 6 to give us a proper 'End of Umbrella' game instead of doing that offscreen before RE4.

I'd also like them to expand the castle with a more horror oriented approach. A castle ruled by a cult has some pretty fantastic horror potential that OGRE4 never capitalized on. Then again, I'm conflicted with the idea because it means either cutting out or completely reworking Salazar. IMO he was the best villain in the original game (actually one of my favorite villains in the series, just behind Wesker; fantastic dynamic with Leon), but there is no denying his campy ridiculousness.

I'd also love an expanded village section. It is, IMO, one of the most atmospheric settings in the entire series so I'd like to spend more time in it. On the other hand, the island is IMO one of the worst settings in the series and would benefit from a complete rework or setting change. Ashley's character could also use a rework.

PWNT

Old Post Apr 12th, 2020 06:31 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

RE4 remake will happen. If they have done RE2 and RE3, there is no way Capcom doesn't do it in the next 10 years. It's big business.

RE7 was the reboot. It's horror slanted and doesn't feature a ton of action. In fact, if you turn RE7 into a 3rd person viewpoint, it's fairly similar to Resident Evil games prior to RE4.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2020 07:00 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Just beat the game for the umpteenth time late last year. Bought the 10 or 15 dollar one off the PlayStation store. My favourite RE game by far, and one of my favourite games ever.

Way better than a lot of the games that were out around the same time, games like God Hand, etc.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2020 07:44 PM
Trocity is currently offline Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I was going to play it again but Capcom does not have backward compatibility for the Xbox 360 version. I'm not paying mid 20's for the Xbox One version...when there is most likely a remake coming down the pipeline.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2020 07:54 PM
cdtm

Originally posted by Smasandian
I was going to play it again but Capcom does not have backward compatibility for the Xbox 360 version. I'm not paying mid 20's for the Xbox One version...when there is most likely a remake coming down the pipeline.

Yeah that would be stupid.

I guess they learned their lesson when GTA San Andreas had backwards compatibility beside a bad remake.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2020 08:04 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by Arachnid1
I wouldn't mind a 1:1 graphical update with some quality of life improvements (we'll have to ditch stationary shooting which means overhauling combat aggressiveness of enemies), but IMO they should just use this as a chance to reboot the series action slant that RE4 caused. I think making the main characters more grounded is the only way to bring them back as protagonists in future horror installments. That way, they can tie in RE7 and on with the new direction and just retcon 5 and 6 to give us a proper 'End of Umbrella' game instead of doing that offscreen before RE4.

RE5 was way too successful for them to consider retconning, despite how polarized it may have been following 4. I'd argue there's more interesting potential in remaking it than 4 even. i.e. Have an RE5make be more or less the original vision far as the campaign with solo Chris. You can still have the mercenaries and other modes for co-op and stuff but just have the campaign be what it was originally supposed to.

I'll give you that on 6 though. It didn't leave behind much a dent or anything despite having some cool ideas here and there, so I'd be fine with it going if it were to come to that.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2020 09:31 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by cdtm
Thought it was ok back in the day.

I had way more fun with God Hand then RE4, which came out around the same time.
Both are great games.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Apr 12th, 2020 10:09 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Watch them remove all the "non realistic" stuff for an RE4make; no merchant, and all of the classic remarks Leon makes will simply be replaced with repeated "Shit!" and f-bombs.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2020 11:18 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

I dunno if RE4 needs a full fledge remake like 2 and 3 got. I thought it was perfect the way it was and say what some will about it's action, the horror helped even it out IMO. Call me if they revive that Hook Man prototype though. Then we can talk.

It shouldn't go without saying too that with how everything in order they kept it so far, remaking RE from 1-3 that they snub Code Veronica which came out before 4. What the frig, Capcom? lol

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2020 11:30 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Yeah, RE4 doesn't need a remake maybe more of a remaster at most

now Code Veronica needs more the remake treatment.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2020 11:36 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Exactly, Code Veronica needs a remake, not RE4.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2020 04:02 AM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Doesn't matter if its it needs a remake...its a question how much money Capcom would make doing so...and they will make a ton.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2020 04:16 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Capitalism 101 talk aside, other games in the series like Code Veronica do actually need a modern touch more than RE4. That much is indisputable. If CV still gets its due later, I can be more forgiving of an RE4make existing, but still.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2020 05:51 AM
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

RE4 sucks.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2020 07:10 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Capitalism 101 talk aside, other games in the series like Code Veronica do actually need a modern touch more than RE4. That much is indisputable. If CV still gets its due later, I can be more forgiving of an RE4make existing, but still.

I assume they are going to do all of the pre-360/PS3 area games. Or at least until 1 does not become profitable.

I would think they would do RE4...if it does well..do Code Veronica after that. I am not sure about Zero...

When I think about it...it would be neat if Code Veronica gets remade because I never got a chance to play it. I could still wait for RE4.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2020 01:36 PM
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

I hope Code Veronica gets done first.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2020 01:52 PM