KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- Gunrunner

STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- Gunrunner
Started by: REXXXX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (24): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
REXXXX
Networking

STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- Gunrunner

Coruscant

Two beings stand on either side of a pedestal in one of the alcoves of the Great Archives of the Jedi Temple. One is small and green, with red hair pulled back into tight braids. The other is a tall and matronly human woman, hands folded into the sleeves of her ceremonial robes. Both are Jedi Masters, and both are very old.

"How can I assist you, Master Vera-Kin?" Jocasta Nu asks the diminutive Jedi as she studies the pedestal. Upon it is seated a small solid black triangle. Looking at it too long makes Vera-Kin uncomfortable.

"Yes, Master Nu," Vera-Kin says, pulling her gaze from the triangle. "I have some... questions, regarding visitors to the Archive."

"We have many visitors, Master Vera," Jocasta Nu states. "The entirety of the Jedi Order is able to access information here in the Archives."

"I am curious about one in particular," Vera-Kin says. "My old student, Nume Rand. Is he a frequent visitor?"

"Why yes, Master Rand is here often," Nu says. "He is rather fond of our historical pieces and works concerning galactic diplomacy. He incessantly asks when we are receiving new material and is quite helpful around the Archives."

"I see," Vera-Kin says. "Have you noticed any trends in his research?"

"He does have a fascination with galactic conflicts. Such things do not interest me, I'm afraid."

"Which conflicts?"

"Our conflicts with the Sith," Jocasta Nu says. She frowns. "Is there a problem, Master Vera?"

"I hope not," Vera-Kin says. "Thank you, Master Nu. You have been helpful."

Vera-Kin returns to studying the little black pyramidal object.

-

Welcome to "Gunrunner," an episode of the Retrospection games. As an episode of this series, “The Fall” will be a very personal plotline, exploring events involving the player’s character. Going off of Ushgarak’s ever-popular Star Wars roleplaying game, these mini-episodes occur in game-play’s past. In this case, we will address the career of a certain Jedi Master- Nume Rand.

Rand is a successful Jedi Master, if somewhat unorthodox. He is a talented swordsman and powerful in the Force and in the process of training a Jedi Padawan- Foghren. But somehow, this is not enough for Rand. The Galaxy is full of dark secrets that no Jedi should learn. Rand can keenly hear the mysteries of the Dark Side calling to him. And he is starting to listen...

The time period is set in 34 BBY- two years before the events of The Phantom Menace. Despite the Council finding issues with some of his actions, Master Rand is still a talented diplomat. After a short hiatus, Rand is being put on an assignment...

Old Post Jun 5th, 2011 02:44 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Coruscant

Foghren has insisted that you come to the scenic Temple courtyard today- the courtyard where Padawans often gather to perform practice duels. With wooden benches and exotic plants, you are unsure why such a serene location has become the hot spot for exchanging lightsaber blows.

You don't particularly care for its serenity. You once did. Things have changed.

Foghren is a strapping young lad on the verge of Knighthood. Your bond with him is very strong, even for a Master and his Padawan. Even so, with how things are presently, it is feeling strained. Foghren is ready for the Trials. You are not so sure you want him to try them. Not just yet.

A few students his age have gathered around. Normally you would not attend, but these practice duels have a habit of drawing out one student you have interest in- Rianna Xi. You eye her on the far side of the group and dwell on her for a moment...

"Are you even listening, Master?" Foghren asks, jabbing you in the side with an elbow.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2011 02:58 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Zink
Bane

"What?" Rand says, responding the jab. He had not been entirely focused lately, spending much of his time in the Archives reading late into the night and not sleeping much after. And then his distraction with Rianna just now...

"I'm sorry, my Padawan," Rand says. "I'm not entirely aware today. You were saying?"

Old Post Jun 5th, 2011 11:25 PM
General Zink is currently offline Click here to Send General Zink a Private Message Find more posts by General Zink Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

"I asked what you thought my odds were in a three-on-one," Foghren repeats, slightly annoyed. "I haven't been bested in a two-on-one in nearly three months. I was thinking of upping the difficulty."

Old Post Jun 6th, 2011 12:47 AM
General Zink
Bane

"That depends on who you choose as opponents," Rand says, not entirely interested in the show of strength. He has tried to train Foghren to be more open to the Force and improve his talent in using it... but so far he has only taken up Rand's skill with a blade and little else.

"For example, if you were to take on someone of Rianna's calibre, a single student may be challenge enough. But the weaker they are, the more you can handle on your own."

Old Post Jun 6th, 2011 06:28 AM
General Zink is currently offline Click here to Send General Zink a Private Message Find more posts by General Zink Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

"Pfft, I won't duel Rianna," Foghren says. "She makes me look bad if I'm not at my best! Can't have me being beaten by a girl, now, can you?

"You're right, though. I'm pretty certain that I can handle any three of those here today. May the Force be with me, then."

Foghren steps up and ignites his lightsaber, the blue blade shimmering in the daylight. It takes a moment for three adversaries to be found. The three he chooses prepare themselves for his onslaught, only to be surprised when he offers them the first move. They come at him and the duel begins!

You do not feel as though you are alone in standing aside from the group. Someone has joined you- the clack of a wooden cane on stone gives it away.

"Hmm," Yoda says, in his grumbling tone.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2011 07:03 AM
General Zink
Bane

Despite having hoped to forge Foghren into an astounding diplomat, Rand is nonetheless impressed by his student's swordplay. He is only distracted from it when he senses someone approach. Someone powerful.

"Master Yoda!" Rand says, though hushed as not to draw attention to the Grandmaster. "It is an honor that you grace us with your presence. To what do I owe this honor?"

Old Post Jun 6th, 2011 07:06 AM
REXXXX
Networking

"Watch the duels, I do," Yoda says. "From time to time."

Foghren blocks an overhead slash by holding his blade horizontal above him and keeping his legs bent to absorb the blow. He then angles his blade and shunts into the opponent, sending him sprawling into one of the duelists and causing the other's attack to get caught on the first's wild blade.

"Proud warriors, they are," Yoda says. You do not need Jedi senses to read his disapproval.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2011 07:16 AM
General Zink
Bane

"It does no harm to be prideful of ones abilities," Rand says. "So long as such pride does not become hubris. I'm sure you agree, Master Yoda."

Rand does not really believe this by now but knows he cannot say that to the Grandmaster of the Jedi Order.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2011 09:26 PM
REXXXX
Networking

"Not the Jedi way, pride is," Yoda says. "Forgotten too easily, that is. Even our Masters, forget they do. Pride can become hubris and risk the path to the Dark Side. Great power lies in humility."

Foghren is sparring neatly with the three Jedi coming at him now, his blade touching each of theirs in turns as they try to force him into the middle of their gang. He stays on the back-step, moving closer to one of the walls of the courtyard...

Old Post Jun 14th, 2011 10:42 PM
General Zink
Bane

Rand resists the urge to assist his Padawan, knowing that his intervention would be uncalled for and that Foghren can likely fend for himself. Were it an actual fight, Rand would not be against flinging away one of his opponents to even the odds.

"I suppose that is true," Rand says, grudgingly. "One should not mistake confidence for pride, however. If the Jedi were entirely humble, we would not have our position as protectors of the Republic. There has to be some amount of pride in that."

Old Post Jun 15th, 2011 11:54 PM
REXXXX
Networking

"Hmmm..." Yoda grunts.

As Foghren is backed up against the wall, the three Jedi students raise their lightsabers to him. A gesture that requests his surrender. You have trained him never to do that. He promptly turns about face and runs up the wall, performing a flip over and behind the Jedi students. They turn about to face him, but he has already kicked one aside with a heel to the hip. He crosses swords with the other two.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2011 02:15 AM
General Zink
Bane

Rand applauds lightly for his student's display of skill, impressed with himself for having produced such a deadly Jedi apprentice.

"Is there a reason for your visit, Master Yoda?" Rand asks. "This hardly seems to be entertainment for you."

Old Post Jun 17th, 2011 07:49 AM
REXXXX
Networking

"Correct, you are," Yoda says. "I come bearing news for you, Master Rand. The Council has need of your talents."

While the kicked duelist recovers his breath, Foghren spars easily against the other two as they come at him from the left and right. Exhibiting a knack for quick tactical changes, Foghren employs a power blow to knock the Jedi on his right back, before whirling around and using a dexterous twirl to spin the lightsaber from the other's hand. As the weapon clatters away, Foghren performs a spinning kick to take that Jedi out of the running... but runs into trouble when the Jedi slows his kick with the Force and catches his leg beneath his armpit, trapping him.

Foghren falls on his back, his foot still trapped in the grip of the duelist, while the other two descend on him with their blades over their heads.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2011 10:57 AM
General Zink
Bane

"Really?" says Rand, failing to conceal his surprise and ignoring the duel for a moment. "The Council has rescinded my probation?"

Old Post Jun 20th, 2011 12:02 AM
REXXXX
Networking

"Willing to give you a chance, the Council is," Yoda says. "Hope that you learned the error of your last mission, we do."

The blows rain down on Foghren. He blocks each in turn, desperate to avoid receiving a hit that would qualify as a victory for the other team. Things change when he suddenly kicks out the legs of the Jedi holding his foot with the other. Regaining his feet, Foghren comes and slashes one duelist across the leg.

"Two to go," Foghren mumbles to himself as the third Jedi limps out of the fight.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2011 01:30 AM
General Zink
Bane

What happened on Rand's last mission that put him at odds with the Council?

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2011 12:44 AM
REXXXX
Networking

That was your mission to Glee Anselm. Rand showed some tendencies there that alarmed the Council, despite his rationalizations for why he did the things he did. Not strictly evil things. Just worrying for a Jedi Master to be doing.

If I'm being vague, it is because it may be a potential game for Rand.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2011 02:32 AM
General Zink
Bane

Ah, I see.

Rand turns sharply to face Yoda when he says this.

"Do you speak true, Master Yoda?" Rand says. "About time I was reenlisted for assignment! What would you have me do, Master? Where will I be sent?"

Old Post Jun 24th, 2011 04:38 PM
REXXXX
Networking

"Illegal arms trade is happening on the Rim of civilized space," Yoda says. "Equipping terrorists for acts against the Republic, someone is. Find and stop them, you must."

Foghren trades a series of blows with the two remaining duelists. It seems almost deadlocked, with neither side giving ground, until Foghren pulls off a powerful attack that knocks back the Jedi to his right. The other Jedi steps in to capitalize on Foghren's focus being off of him... but he underestimates Foghren's speed, and is rather surprised when your student locks blades with him and proceeds to twist the weapon out of his grip. Foghren holds his lightsaber to his throat, prompting surrender before the last Jedi can step back into the fight.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2011 11:09 PM