KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Star Wars Stories or New Trilogies? Poll time!

Star Wars Stories or more trilogies?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Stories. 10 90.91%
Trilogies. 1 9.09%
Total: 11 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Star Wars Stories or New Trilogies? Poll time!
Started by: StiltmanFTW

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Question Star Wars Stories or New Trilogies? Poll time!

Which do you prefer?

And which ones do you wish Disney kept making?

Old Post Jun 11th, 2020 03:14 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

I think you'd be hard pressed to find someone at this point who'd say or vote for another trilogy unjokingly/unironically.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2020 04:24 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

I can think of a certain someone... big grin

Old Post Jun 11th, 2020 04:28 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raptor22

If by stories u mean the old "legends" stuff then id defiantly go with that.

Outside of the old films the legends comics and novels are where the best stories and characters come from imho.

Even a good portion of some of best canon comes from those stories.

Dathomir and the witches came from the Courtship of Princess Leia novel

Thrawn came from the Heir to the Empire novel

Mortis, the Father, son and daughter originated in the Dark Nest Trilogy iirc

The Dark Horse comics setting so much of the ground work for the lore of the ancient sith/jedi.

I might sound like an old dude but I loved that shit, i miss it and i wish the stories would return.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2020 04:32 PM
Raptor22 is currently offline Click here to Send Raptor22 a Private Message Find more posts by Raptor22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Trilogies though I would be fine with either.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2020 04:39 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Raptor22
If by stories u mean the old "legends" stuff then id defiantly go with that.

No.

I mean "A Star Wars Story" anthology movies.

Rogue One and Solo, we've gotten so far.

So. Movies vs. movies. Both series from the current canon.

--
What you want to discuss is perfect for the Star Wars section of this forum, although it's been done to death, I believe.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2020 05:36 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

The "stories" allow for a broadening of Star Wars universe in a way I just don't see trilogies doing. And the universe needs to be expanded.

So stories.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jun 11th, 2020 05:51 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

i can see them doing "a star wars story" stuff for disney plus unless they feel it will do better on the big screen..

new trilogies will happen as well...

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jun 11th, 2020 06:35 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Stories, definitely.

Rogue One was excellent.

Solo was.......good, but needed a lot of polishing.

I’d love to see some EU stories adapted.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jun 11th, 2020 06:43 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

Just make good stuff, I don’t care if it’s trilogies, stand alone stories, or TV series. Just please, for the love of god, no more shit like the ST movies.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Jun 11th, 2020 06:44 PM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

Long form

The best coming out of Star Wars recently is The Mandalorian and Clone Wars.

Preferably live action.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2020 06:45 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

I want more Disney Star Wars films in general. Disney Star Wars is far greater than Fox era by a country mile. I do want outside of the Skywalker era films pretty badly. They gave me Kylo Ren the most powerful Skywalker by far and ended the story so best to move on.

Last edited by quanchi112 on Jun 11th, 2020 at 08:02 PM

Old Post Jun 11th, 2020 07:52 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by quanchi112
I want more Disney Star Wars films in general. Disney Star Wars is far greater than Fox era by a country mile. I do want outside of the Skywalker era films pretty badly. They gave me Kylo Ren the most powerful Skywalker by far and ended the story so best to move on.

Skywalkers are done.... they'll do new characters for next trilogy

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jun 11th, 2020 08:37 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Yeah Disney destroyed the Skywalkers.

They should stick to the Star Wars Story films which were actually pretty good.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2020 08:52 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Looking forward to the Black Transgender force user with universe destroying power in upcoming films.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2020 09:00 PM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

I went for stories

I liked R1. But Solo whilst I enjoyed it I hated the origin of his name. I hated the unnecessary Darth Maul cameo that really wasn’t needed, wasn’t he dead by that time anyway? Thought Kenobi killed Maul before the events of Solo.

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Jun 11th, 2020 10:21 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

quote:
wasn’t he dead by that time anyway?

No.

While Rebels episode aired before Solo, Solo is taking place before Rebels.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2020 10:26 PM
steverules_2

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
No.

While Rebels episode aired before Solo, Solo is taking place before Rebels.

Ah right, well still feels unnecessary tbh

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Jun 11th, 2020 10:27 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by steverules_2
Ah right, well still feels unnecessary tbh

It does... especially now that they don't want to make more anthology films and cancelled earlier projects.

As for Maul, he already got more than enough time to shine, including the most recent Clone Wars season.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2020 10:36 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

I liked where it was going with the Maul appearance and Crimson Dawn, but since the film flopped due to the bad timing, we likely won't ever see what it was leading up to anyway. So yeah, RIP.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2020 10:39 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote