KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » DC metatextual beings

DC metatextual beings
Started by: Sj_Sharp

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sj_Sharp

DC metatextual beings

These metatextual beings rank at the absolute top of DC hierarchy.
From FC, Multiversity and its guidebook, we know that:

- Primal Monitor is God, aka the white page where every story is written and will ever be written.

- Mandrakk Dax Novu was a self-assembling hyper-story which generated because of the contact of the White Page with the dualities of comics. Like a negtive aspect of the page, it wanted to end creation (i.e. stories).

- TR, the best and most powerful story ever written (Superman's), which was the only thing that could stand and fight against the anti-story (Mandrakk).

- Empty Hand: here is where I have doubts. What actually is the Empty Hand? For now it has yet to be fully explained, but has it something to do with the concept of the "readers" of the comicbooks?

What do you guys think of it? How do you think the Empty Hand could stack up against these other conceptual beings?

I'm open and interested in every kind of personal opinion. thumb up

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2015 02:45 PM
Sj_Sharp is currently offline Click here to Send Sj_Sharp a Private Message Find more posts by Sj_Sharp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Hopefully they explain the Empty Hand in Multiversity sequel. Probably not, though.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2015 07:11 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

The empty hand are all those people who illegally download all those DC comic.

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Aug 4th, 2015 12:33 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

laughing

Old Post Aug 4th, 2015 12:59 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sj_Sharp

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe

That would fit perfectly you know?

Empty Hand = Hand with no money = Readers who don't pay for comics eek!

Clearly the strongest villain ever faced by DC, not even Thought Robot can save the day this time.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2015 02:10 PM
Sj_Sharp is currently offline Click here to Send Sj_Sharp a Private Message Find more posts by Sj_Sharp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

^ thumb up

Illegal downloading is also killing the comic industry. The Empty Hand is, likewise, killing the DCU.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Aug 4th, 2015 09:01 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sj_Sharp

Originally posted by Galan007
^ thumb up

Illegal downloading is also killing the comic industry. The Empty Hand is, likewise, killing the DCU.

thumb up

See? It's perfect.
I wouldn't be surprised for this to be true with Morrison.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2015 09:13 AM
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Or it's the lack of new ideas, creativity. Nothing new comes from this empty hand. Or to put it simple, the artist lost his favorite pen.

Last edited by Prof. T.C McAbe on Aug 5th, 2015 at 01:08 PM

Old Post Aug 5th, 2015 01:06 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe

Maybe if they didn't write so much shit people would give enough of a damn to support them. (please log in to view the image)

Old Post Aug 5th, 2015 04:29 PM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Originally posted by Astner
Maybe if they didn't write so much shit people would give enough of a damn to support them. (please log in to view the image)

I can't disagree, unfortunately. Though they have good comics, once in a while, most of them are empty, storywise.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2015 12:14 AM
Cogito

Unfortunately, publishers seem to think the secret to making more money in comics is to publish more series, with more heroes, more teams, more everything. This approach just spreads out the creative and artistic talent too thin, and creates a "too many cooks in the kitchen" situation where writers lack consistency and contradict one another at every turn because there's too many stories to keep track of.

I wish they'd just focus more on fewer, better stories. It's no wonder most events seem to fail when readers can't even seem to figure out the proper reading order across series, and two dozen writers and three dozen artists are all getting their 2 cents in.

Look at the best series out there and they're known as much for their one writer as they are for the main character - Alan Moore, Neil Gaiman, Mike Carey, etc etc.

It's an ugly situation, and I don't think they're going to wise up to it until the industry starts failing harder and they're forced to trim the fat. With the runaway success of the films though, that's not going to happen any time soon.

"And then there was nothing. A once broken something now void.
And on the first day, Doom spoke...
'Be.'
And then there was life."

Old Post Aug 6th, 2015 12:50 AM
Cogito is currently offline Click here to Send Cogito a Private Message Find more posts by Cogito Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote