KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Avengers 2: Age of Ultron

Avengers 2: Age of Ultron
Started by: joesha28

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (45): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
joesha28
Asgard's Advocate

Avengers 2: Age of Ultron

Ultron is going to be the next big bad for the Avengers. Personally I am disappointed. I was eager for a greater challenge for the team. I mean it basically took Thor, Hulk and Iron Man to take out Loki and Chituri in the 1st Movie. Cap, Hawkeye and widow were most of an assist.

But the 2nd movie going to have Scarlet Witch along with her Bro. She's a magic powerhouse. I can't see a God of thunder, Powerhouse monster and Wanda having difficulty with Ultron 1 on 1. Unless he has an army.. which basically what Loki had. Whedon also stated there is no Pym, fearing that might upstage Robert Downey's Stark in the Movie.

What your take on this guys?

Last edited by joesha28 on Jul 24th, 2013 at 04:46 AM

Old Post Jul 24th, 2013 04:43 AM
joesha28 is currently offline Click here to Send joesha28 a Private Message Find more posts by joesha28 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Femi32

The only thing I don't like is that Pym won't be the creator of Ultron. Having Tony do it is putting too much of the spotlight on him.

That's not hampering my enthusiasm for the movie, though. I think it's best to have Hank be the creator (which he is) so they can set him up for his own movie in that same year.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2013 05:26 AM
Femi32 is currently offline Click here to Send Femi32 a Private Message Find more posts by Femi32 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

^^ Why don't you think Ultron would be a challenge for the team? Surely, it's not based off of the comics, because in the comics, Ultron routinely takes on entire teams of Avengers (including big guns such as Thor) and wins.

The movie is supposed to be on a more "personal" level, so yeah, odds are Tony invents Ultron (or JARVIS does), which essentially undermines the shit out of Hank Pym. If anything, I wish they did what they did in Avengers: EMH!; Stark and Pym both worked on Ultron, but Pym did most of the work.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2013 05:43 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

How do we know Tony will be the creator?

nothing actually has been said in that regards, were all mostly assuming things.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2013 06:33 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WhiteWitchKing

Ultron is a harder threat to deal with than Loki though. Ultron can infect everything such as SHIELD Hellicarrier, Stark's armors, nuclear weapons, and most of the world's computers. Aside from Stark and Pym (if he's featured) none of the heroes can beat Ultron infecting cyberspace.

Even with Thor, an adamantium or vibranium Ultron would just scuff at those hammer strikes and absorb those lightning attacks to power himself up.

It's like EMH, Ultron gains control of the nuke controls and sets them off; Tony would be too busy trying stop the launch. The rest of the Avengers get trashed by Ultron. We'll see what Wanda can do because even movie Loki didn't display that much magical techniques.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2013 06:39 AM
WhiteWitchKing is currently offline Click here to Send WhiteWitchKing a Private Message Find more posts by WhiteWitchKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pym-ftw
Mizukage

If Stark builds Ultron It will ruin the entire marvel movieverse for me...

Have Pym building it in the after credits scene for Antman.

I'm not Joking, Boy
Ignore list: Abhi for the sake of the forum.
53>6.6
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GCAMfDmX86o
My YouTube

Old Post Jul 24th, 2013 06:49 AM
pym-ftw is currently offline Click here to Send pym-ftw a Private Message Find more posts by pym-ftw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Except, Ant Man comes out after AoU.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2013 06:51 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pym-ftw
Mizukage

Did they confirm a date for Avengers 2/Antman

Both have a 2015 release dates AFAIK

I'm not Joking, Boy
53>6.6
My YouTube

Old Post Jul 24th, 2013 07:02 AM
pym-ftw is currently offline Click here to Send pym-ftw a Private Message Find more posts by pym-ftw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

AoU is released in May and Ant Man is in November.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2013 07:12 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vensai

quote: (post)
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Did they confirm a date for Avengers 2/Antman

Both have a 2015 release dates AFAIK

Antman is in phase 3.

Credit to Scythe

Old Post Jul 24th, 2013 07:29 AM
Vensai is currently offline Click here to Send Vensai a Private Message Find more posts by Vensai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

And Edger Wright has confirmed Hank Pym will be in it.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2013 07:57 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WhiteWitchKing

They could have just involved Ant-Man in Avengers 2 and lead into an Ant-Man movie. Or atleast they should mention Pym was involved in the development of Ultron. He doesn't even have to appear. Give the guy some credit.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2013 03:23 PM
WhiteWitchKing is currently offline Click here to Send WhiteWitchKing a Private Message Find more posts by WhiteWitchKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

Yeah my gut says they'll have Tony create Ultron. It just screams of something Marvel would do right now.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2013 07:10 PM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pym-ftw
Mizukage

Originally posted by Kazenji
And Edger Wright has confirmed Hank Pym will be in it.

Do you have a link, please

I'm not Joking, Boy
53>6.6
My YouTube

Old Post Jul 24th, 2013 08:12 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Do you have a link, please

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansi...s/news/?a=84030

Old Post Jul 24th, 2013 11:57 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Hank Pym will be in Ant-man? Isn't that like saying Bruce Wayne will be in Batman? Rofl.

Sad that that needed to be revealed in the first place.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2013 12:03 AM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Nephthys
Hank Pym will be in Ant-man? Isn't that like saying Bruce Wayne will be in Batman? Rofl.

Well from previous rumours he won't actually be playing the main hero in the film. Kind of strange if they go that route, and the fact that they're doing Ultron without him as well makes me wonder why they're even doing an Ant-Man movie.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2013 02:31 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Nephthys

Well there have been other people who have been Ant-Man........... erm

Old Post Jul 25th, 2013 04:13 AM
pym-ftw
Mizukage

This has literally killed my enthusiasm for marvel live action films,

This would be like a Jla movie about white martians, no manhunter

Or Xmen without Cyclops; oh wait

I hate artistic liberty! It is always worse than the source material, always

I'm not Joking, Boy
53>6.6
My YouTube

Old Post Jul 25th, 2013 07:46 AM
juggerman

This has literally killed my enthusiasm for marvel live action films,

This would be like a Jla movie about white martians, no manhunter

Or Xmen without Cyclops; oh wait

I hate artistic liberty! It is always worse than the source material, always

Like a Juggernaut with no Cyttorak? Or no Cain and X being related?

Or like a Batman trilogy with no Boy Wonder?

Or like Pa Kent dying from "not a heart attack"?

Or Rouge with no flight or strength?

Or a Dr Doom with no...... uh....... DOOM!

These movies care nothing for source material! sad

"I'M THE JUGGERMAN B!TCH"

Old Post Jul 25th, 2013 11:23 AM
juggerman is currently offline Click here to Send juggerman a Private Message Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote