KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » New Superman respect thread

New Superman respect thread
Started by: Rao Kal El

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

New Superman respect thread

Ok Here is the thing

I have been thinking about a revamped Post Crisis Superman respect thread, the one we have is all over the place.

It is a huge task, Superman appears in a ton of books, but I want to make a really good respect thread, because that is the best weapon We can use for debates, specially if it has context.

For example people claiming that Silver Surfer can turn the sun red, well first of all, he does not has anything like that, second Krypton Man has already faced Superman after HE TURNED THE SUN RED.

The two ideas here is to show that Superman still can fight in a red sun condition and to show just how powerful Krypton man was

But in order to do this type of respect thread WE have to read the books and not only look at the pretty pictures, we have seen this in scans posted in respect threads that have context behind and depending on that context the feat can be huge or simply a non feat.

Reading every single book and in the mean time being collecting feats is time consuming, plus this is for post crisis Superman, while We are doing this the new 52 Superman is getting more feats that some of us are not even aware

To simply put it, a COMPLETE post crisis Superman respect thread is a daunting task for ONE PERSON, it is not too hard if its done by several persons each one of them will be in charge of a certain period of time so we can do this in a chronological order.

So far I have read every Superman appearance issue from the Byrne reboot till War of the gods and I am planing to keep going till the return of Superman when I get there, I will put together all the feats I found

It will be great if someone is in charge of the next period which could be from the return of Superman to our worlds at war and then someone else takes care of owaw till final crisis or in any way you guys feel like it.

The point is so We can make a complete respect thread and for one person to do this alone is a lot of work specially if you factor in that We all have other things to do.

This way if We divide the post crisis superman in periods We can make a respect thread very fast

Lets say I read everything from the reboot to the return of Superman, I collect the feats sort them out, upload them into a media account and I make my period respect thread, at the same time everyone else involved are reading from another period and when they finishes they collects their feats, uploads them and make his respect thread of the period they choose

When all the respect threads are in someone else will pour them all together in a massive complete post crisis Superman respect thread.

If this idea works and We can make a team for Superman respect threads and then maybe tackle golden age Superman (Earth 2) and Silver age Superman (Earth 1)

Imagine having a complete Pre-Crisis Superman respect thread, we may be able to have Superman or kryptonian respects threads from the golden age till now with in 1 year

So what do you guys think? any ideas?

Thank You Prof. T.C McAbe, You are Superman!

Last edited by Rao Kal El on Sep 5th, 2014 at 03:03 PM

Old Post Sep 5th, 2014 02:56 PM
Rao Kal El is currently offline Click here to Send Rao Kal El a Private Message Find more posts by Rao Kal El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Two Respect Threads, Pre- and Post-Crisis, that would be great. Since the story doesn't continues for those incarnations it would make sense, you could have everything there that is. But as you said that would be huge.
46 years for the Pre-Crisis stuff and 26 years for the Post-Crisis, that is a lot.

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Sep 6th, 2014 04:14 AM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
Two Respect Threads, Pre- and Post-Crisis, that would be great. Since the story doesn't continues for those incarnations it would make sense, you could have everything there that is. But as you said that would be huge.
46 years for the Pre-Crisis stuff and 26 years for the Post-Crisis, that is a lot.

Yep, that is why is so hard for ONE person to do it all.

I read somewhere phillo wanted to make a Superman respect thread, but my best guess is that is a lot of work.

Even when I read just the first years I pulled out a lot of feats, and he has a bunch of crazy feats if you consider the context in which it was performed

For example

People like to bring Superman getting affected by a voodoo doll, but they forget all the circumstances that were involved for Superman to get affected by that voodoo magic, which required for him to be in a weakened mental estate, a tanagarian artillery canon and DEADLY voodoo magic to KO Superman.

So if We can make a group with each individual in charge of a getting feats with context from certain periods it will be easy to do.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2014 06:03 AM
Rao Kal El is currently offline Click here to Send Rao Kal El a Private Message Find more posts by Rao Kal El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Originally posted by Rao Kal El
Yep, that is why is so hard for ONE person to do it all.

I read somewhere phillo wanted to make a Superman respect thread, but my best guess is that is a lot of work.

Even when I read just the first years I pulled out a lot of feats, and he has a bunch of crazy feats if you consider the context in which it was performed

For example

People like to bring Superman getting affected by a voodoo doll, but they forget all the circumstances that were involved for Superman to get affected by that voodoo magic, which required for him to be in a weakened mental estate, a tanagarian artillery canon and DEADLY voodoo magic to KO Superman.

So if We can make a group with each individual in charge of a getting feats with context from certain periods it will be easy to do.

But how will you get all those comics? Digital version of all, then you have to read all of them, this would take a lot of people. I would ask Galan, Juntai and PR , and Abhi. ^^

Old Post Sep 6th, 2014 06:35 AM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
But how will you get all those comics? Digital version of all, then you have to read all of them, this would take a lot of people. I would ask Galan, Juntai and PR , and Abhi. ^^

I spoke briefly with Delta about this a long time ago and he was willing to do it.

I can cover easily from Byrne till the return of Superman, I am already half way there.

Delta and I, We both have most of the post crisis chronology.

Abhi I am almost sure will help and so Phillo as he might have already a bunch of feats ready

Old Post Sep 6th, 2014 06:41 AM
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

This is actually a really good idea. I didn't even realize that now people would be able to put the complete feats and showings of post crisis characters.

We should see about doing that for multiple DC characters

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Sep 7th, 2014 12:29 AM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

Originally posted by Lek Kuen
This is actually a really good idea. I didn't even realize that now people would be able to put the complete feats and showings of post crisis characters.

We should see about doing that for multiple DC characters

Thanks, I was thinking that along the way villains feats also get collected.

And characters that appear in a lot of comics will be easier to track.

Hopefully we can get the team going.

I could help with batman and spiderman

Old Post Sep 7th, 2014 02:31 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Originally posted by Rao Kal El
Thanks, I was thinking that along the way villains feats also get collected.

And characters that appear in a lot of comics will be easier to track.

Hopefully we can get the team going.

I could help with batman and spiderman

I could help from After October but I would need the comics in english, I have a lot PC stuff and even some post but in my old house, the basement and in german ^^.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2014 07:56 PM
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

I actually have a complete [well, there's always stuff missing, but close enough] respect thread from COIE up until Flashpoint [maybe missing the last 4-5 months before that] for quite a while now, but I didn't post it, for various reasons. It has roughly 150 Microsoft Word pages.

I even sent some posters [abhi, pr, I think? correct me if I'm wrong, if any of you two read this] the version with the feats up until Infinite Crisis.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Last edited by Philosophía on Sep 11th, 2014 at 04:54 PM

Old Post Sep 11th, 2014 04:50 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by Philosophía
I actually have a complete [well, there's always stuff missing, but close enough] respect thread from COIE up until Flashpoint [maybe missing the last 4-5 months before that] for quite a while now, but I didn't post it, for various reasons. It has roughly 150 Microsoft Word pages.

I even sent some posters [abhi, pr, I think? correct me if I'm wrong, if any of you two read this] the version with the feats up until Infinite Crisis.

Not to me. You can send me the draft and I would see it posted though with all the edits. I have time this weekend.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2014 05:05 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía

Originally posted by abhilegend
Not to me. You can send me the draft and I would see it posted though with all the edits. I have time this weekend.
It's basically fully finished, so I can post it even now.

I didn't want to spend too much time on certain scenes/storylines [except what I felt were important ones], and there's sure to be some mistakes, so feel free [and this goes for everybody] to expand on whatever you feel like it's worth expanding on.

Try not to debate in the thread [at least at first, leave that for latter pages laughing out loud ]

Anyway..

I'll have it up by the end of the hour.

Last edited by Philosophía on Sep 11th, 2014 at 05:18 PM

Old Post Sep 11th, 2014 05:15 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

It's basically fully finished, so I can post it even now.

I didn't want to spend too much time on certain scenes/storylines [except what I felt were important ones], and there's sure to be some mistakes, so feel free [and this goes for everybody] to expand on whatever you feel like it's worth expanding on.

Try not to debate in the thread [at least at first, leave that for latter pages laughing out loud ]

Anyway..

I'll have it up by the end of the hour.

Ok. Gonna enjoy reading the thread.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2014 05:52 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía

Old Post Sep 11th, 2014 10:07 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Man I am still impressed by your work, damn!

Old Post Sep 14th, 2014 08:14 PM
Philosophía

Thanks!

Old Post Sep 14th, 2014 08:42 PM
Senor Cage

thumb up

Old Post Sep 16th, 2014 03:55 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Enjoy smile

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...mp;pagenumber=1
Legendary.

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post Sep 25th, 2014 12:51 AM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

Enjoy smile

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...mp;pagenumber=1

INCREDIBLE!

Old Post Sep 25th, 2014 09:27 AM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía

Thank you. big grin

Old Post Sep 25th, 2014 05:43 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Any thoughts on a New 52 respect thread? Anyone interested in making it a team-effort among the fans on this section?

Editing to elaborate:

Seeing as Philo already knocked it out of the park with the PostC stuff, that just leaves the post flashpoint stuff. We could make it in here, and it could be linked to the respect forum, which means I could update it and maintain the format with no issues.

I was going to do it myself, but i'm opening to making it a group effort if anyone wants in.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Last edited by -Pr- on Nov 20th, 2014 at 03:43 AM

Old Post Nov 20th, 2014 03:30 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote