KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » Best Basketball Dunker of all time.....

Best Basketball Dunker of all time.....
Started by: Rogue Jedi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Best Basketball Dunker of all time.....

who threw it down the best? I say Dominique Wilkins.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2007 11:34 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

heres some proof:

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2007 11:51 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BobbyD
Animal Lover

Re: Best Basketball Dunker of all time.....

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
who threw it down the best? I say Dominique Wilkins.

'Nique.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2007 03:02 PM
BobbyD is currently offline Click here to Send BobbyD a Private Message Find more posts by BobbyD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wuTa

The best dunker ever is Vince Carter.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2007 05:14 PM
wuTa is currently offline Click here to Send wuTa a Private Message Find more posts by wuTa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BobbyD
Animal Lover

Originally posted by wuTa
The best dunker ever is Vince Carter.

He was my 2nd choice. I honestly don't think there has ever been a dunker with the combination of finesse, power, and degree of difficulty with which one performed their dunks as Nique.

He did stuff that guys would pull abdominal and/or back muscles on.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2007 05:49 PM
BobbyD is currently offline Click here to Send BobbyD a Private Message Find more posts by BobbyD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wuTa

Originally posted by BobbyD
He was my 2nd choice. I honestly don't think there has ever been a dunker with the combination of finesse, power, and degree of difficulty with which one performed their dunks as Nique.

And Vince Carter has dones things noone has ever seen before, or will be able to replicate. All of Dominiques dunks have been replicated, granted not as good as Wilkins orignal, but you'l never see another player literally dunk over someone that is past 7 feet tall. And those dunks that Carter pulled off when he won the dunk contest were just ridoculous.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2007 07:37 PM
wuTa is currently offline Click here to Send wuTa a Private Message Find more posts by wuTa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DanZeke25
You can't beat me.

And Vince Carter has dones things noone has ever seen before, or will be able to replicate. All of Dominiques dunks have been replicated, granted not as good as Wilkins orignal, but you'l never see another player literally dunk over someone that is past 7 feet tall. And those dunks that Carter pulled off when he won the dunk contest were just ridoculous.

I would like to see Carter try and do Iggy's off the back of the backboard dunk.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2007 07:38 PM
DanZeke25 is currently offline Click here to Send DanZeke25 a Private Message Find more posts by DanZeke25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wuTa

Originally posted by DanZeke25
I would like to see Carter try and do Iggy's off the back of the backboard dunk.

Yea, but how many times do you think Iggy practed that dunk. According to Carter, all of his dunks were thought of on the spot, and not practiced.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2007 07:49 PM
BobbyD
Animal Lover

That's fine. However, I don't think 'Nique was incapable of dunking on a 7 footer if that's what you were saying. And being in Chicago, I've seen Jordan do it to several people. ...ever seen Jordan go over Ewing on a famous baseline dunk that's shown over n' over in countless historical/memory reels? Also, went over then Utah Center Eaton with ease.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2007 08:27 PM
wuTa

That's fine. However, I don't think 'Nique was incapable of dunking on a 7 footer if that's what you were saying. And being in Chicago, I've seen Jordan do it to several people. ...ever seen Jordan go over Ewing on a famous baseline dunk that's shown over n' over in countless historical/memory reels? Also, went over then Utah Center Eaton with ease.

Yea, Thats Jordan dunking on those guys, Carter literally jumped over a 7 footer and dunked on him. We're talking about two different things. Nique, and Jordan could dunk on anyone, I'm not arguing that, but they never jumped over a 7 footer to dunk on him.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2007 08:31 PM
BobbyD
Animal Lover

Yea, Thats Jordan dunking on those guys, Carter literally jumped over a 7 footer and dunked on him. We're talking about two different things. Nique, and Jordan could dunk on anyone, I'm not arguing that, but they never jumped over a 7 footer to dunk on him.

When I see Carter hurdle a 7 foot horse, then I'll take your word for it. wink

And yes, I know the dunk you're referring to, but let's not get away now. roll eyes (sarcastic)

I already voted Vinsanity my 2nd so I'm not that far off if you think he's first.
cool

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2007 08:35 PM
koolruningz
2009 NBA CHAMPIONS

My top 5 would be

1. Nique - He had it all, power, style and explosion. The coordination and flexibility needed for some of his in game dunks is just crazy.
2. Vince - Probably the most creative contest dunker and that dunk over Weiss was a top three dunk of all time.
3. MJ - Took hangtime to a whole new level and with those huge mitts could do anything once he was in the air.
4. Dr J - The grandfather of the dunk could cram it on anyone.
5. Kobe - Not for his dunk contest attempts but his in game dunks early in his career, hes dunked on some of the best shotblockers of all time.

"The Capitol of this rugged slang is WU-TANG,
Witty Unpridictable Talent And Natural Game". GZA

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2007 09:12 PM
koolruningz is currently offline Click here to Send koolruningz a Private Message Find more posts by koolruningz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BobbyD
Animal Lover

Originally posted by koolruningz
My top 5 would be

1. Nique - He had it all, power, style and explosion. The coordination and flexibility needed for some of his in game dunks is just crazy.
2. Vince - Probably the most creative contest dunker and that dunk over Weiss was a top three dunk of all time.
3. MJ - Took hangtime to a whole new level and with those huge mitts could do anything once he was in the air.
4. Dr J - The grandfather of the dunk could cram it on anyone.
5. Kobe - Not for his dunk contest attempts but his in game dunks early in his career, hes dunked on some of the best shotblockers of all time.

I agree with your top 3....though this doesn't necessarily mean we're correct as this is entirely subjective. ...though I do think the majority feels the same.

wink

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2007 09:19 PM
RecSpecs110
Link Saves the Day

Shawn Kemp was a pretty sick dunker.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2007 02:20 AM
RecSpecs110 is currently offline Click here to Send RecSpecs110 a Private Message Find more posts by RecSpecs110 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
koolruningz
2009 NBA CHAMPIONS

Kemp was nasty, but that fact that he was 6'10 means he doesnt crack my top 5. Kinda like Amare and D12, they are awesome dunkers but i have more respect for the smaller guys getting up there. Maybe thats not fair but i've always felt that way.

"The Capitol of this rugged slang is WU-TANG,
Witty Unpridictable Talent And Natural Game". GZA

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2007 03:37 AM
koolruningz is currently offline Click here to Send koolruningz a Private Message Find more posts by koolruningz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

1. Vince
2. Nique
3. J-Rich

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2007 04:27 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

yes. even MJ had trouble just keeping up with him.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2007 05:38 AM
RecSpecs110
Link Saves the Day

Originally posted by koolruningz
Kemp was nasty, but that fact that he was 6'10 means he doesnt crack my top 5. Kinda like Amare and D12, they are awesome dunkers but i have more respect for the smaller guys getting up there. Maybe thats not fair but i've always felt that way.

I know, he wouldn't be in my top 5 either. Just saying he was pretty sick. I would also give little guys the edge. Considering that, Nate Robinson is a pretty good dunker himself. (Not nearly top 5 of course)

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2007 05:57 AM
RecSpecs110 is currently offline Click here to Send RecSpecs110 a Private Message Find more posts by RecSpecs110 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

height is not a factor. little guys dunking doesnt make them better dunkers, just makes them really athletic. it all has to do what they do with the rock. watch the youtube video.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2007 06:36 AM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by RecSpecs110
Shawn Kemp was a pretty sick dunker.

goooooooood call. i totally forgot kemp.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2007 06:41 AM