KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Important TFA Sidious revelation(Spoilers)

Important TFA Sidious revelation(Spoilers)
Started by: AncientPower

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Important TFA Sidious revelation(Spoilers)

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: It is stated not only by the old dude in the tent with Poe but also by the opening crawl that the Force is still out of balance. Meaning Darth Sidious was not the only thing unbalancing the Force as it was still that way by the point of the movie.

Just food for thought.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2015 07:39 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Interesting. You must have had the special AncientPower version of the crawl.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2015 07:50 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

No, it is said:

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: That Luke Skywalker had disappeared and in his absence the 'sinister' First Order arose causing chaos, that the Force was out of balance because of that.

The old guy that Kylo Ren kills reinforces this when he says to Poe that only Luke can bring the Force back into balance.

I am not making anything up and your condescension is unwarranted.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2015 07:54 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

You're wrong.

Here is the crawl: http://imgur.com/a/B3cBF

Old Post Dec 18th, 2015 07:57 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

I stand corrected then, though what the old man says in the tent still holds weight.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2015 08:01 AM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Not really [SPOILER - highlight to read]: it's been 30 years since ROTJ, its not as if the force could have become imbalanced again.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2015 10:50 AM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

lol

Old Post Dec 18th, 2015 01:27 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

I'm more curious as to what role if any he played or if Sidious had any involvement/knew of his existence in prior the prior era.

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Dec 18th, 2015 05:37 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Isn't that "old dude" a muggle? Who cares about what he says? Also you think it might have something to do with the massive amount of death caused by Starkiller? Just a thought.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2015 06:11 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Who knows what he is? He's a guy who knows where Luke Skywalker is apparently. He may very well be one of Luke's surviving students.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2015 06:16 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Pretty sure the leaks, that are now nuked, from the visual dictionary said he wasn't. Either way, like I said, there's a weapon that kills billions at a time out there. If the Clone Wars can cause imbalance, so could that.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2015 06:56 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

I was given the impression from the opening crawl that it was the general rise of the First Order and disappearance of Luke Skywalker that caused the imbalance.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2015 07:09 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

The novel reveals Snoke saw the Empire rise and fall and that he's had other apprentices besides Kylo, but believes Kylo is his greatest.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Dec 19th, 2015 07:47 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

ayy.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2015 08:05 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
The novel reveals Snoke saw the Empire rise and fall and that he's had other apprentices besides Kylo, but believes Kylo is his greatest.

That was obvious. The Knights of Ren are his organization. What are you plugging your eyes with?

Old Post Dec 19th, 2015 08:22 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

The denial Snoke is a Palpatine-level Force user.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Dec 19th, 2015 08:37 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Snoke > Valkoriate incoming

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2015 08:38 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

I repeat that Snoke being Palpatine level discredits the Chosen One prophecy which was one of the major plot lines of the first and third film.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2015 08:39 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

I hope he's weaker than Kylo too, tbh.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2015 08:43 PM
NewGuy01
perpetual

...fat chance of that. He's probably on the same level as Luke, whatever that level is.

If Luke is Yoda level, he's bound to be Sidious level. But I don't get the impression that either of them are that strong.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2015 08:53 PM