KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » The "Lose to Luke" High Meta Sweepstakes!

The "Lose to Luke" High Meta Sweepstakes!
Started by: Digi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Digi
Forum Leader

The "Lose to Luke" High Meta Sweepstakes!

Welcome one, welcome all. Today we have a glorious battle between two semi-titans of the squared circular oval octagon. The winner of which will have the honor of facing down the unstoppable juggernaut that is EU Luke Skywalker for the high meta championship belt. May the best man win!

In the blue corner, weighing in at probably 423 lbs., owning to the fact that he's a machine:

MACHINE MAN

(please log in to view the image)

Machine Man will be repped by Werewolf582. Machine Man is in his original incarnation, NOT his Sentinel form or Nextwave incarnation.

And in the red corner, weighing in at less than 1 lb. in his electrical form, or maybe 180 normally:

ELECTRO

Electro will be repped by Scoobless.

Location: A nondescript, small modern town. Combatants will begin 1km away from one another.

Passive prep only. Any other stipulations will have been discussed or will be sorted out by the participants. Writeups to follow...

Last edited by Digi on Jul 9th, 2015 at 05:54 PM

Old Post Jul 9th, 2015 05:43 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Werewolf's Writeup

As yes, my first contenders match against a guy whose pretty much pro at this.

An interesting match, wouldn't ya say wink

A bit rushed since I didn't want to keep you guys waiting because of my research at home. But it's effective nonetheless.

Before I get into any big details I just wanna list out the advantages that my boy machine man has.

ADVANTAGES
-Strength
-speed
-durability
-versatility
-Destructive capability

And the most important one of all.

-better costume

Now knowing my opponent and who he is repping, I've got a good feeling what his strategy his.

TAKING ADVANTAGE OF SPEED

Machine man has some very good speed feats, compared to electro, who gets hit by people like spiderman and below laughing out loud

Here we have him using his blast to make a hole at near light speed

http://rs225.pbsrc.com/albums/dd199...-04.jpg~320x480

Electro honestly has no way of dodging that, nor the speed to even see it coming.

How powerful are his blast? Well it varies under what kind he uses.

His solar blast (most powerful one in his disposal), can burn nearly as hot as the sun. And we all know electros durability isn't his best strength.

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/...ineMan07-09.jpg

His concussion blasts actually hurts Vision at maximum density and is far to much energy for his solar gem to absorb

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/...16/x5105-07.jpg
http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/...16/x5105-09.jpg

Hypnotism

If they ever once lock eyes with each other (even at the start of the match), it's game over. Machine man's hypnotism is good enough to control the Hulk. Someone with major mind control resistance feats.

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/...ulkV1237-16.jpg
http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/...ulkV1237-17.jpg

So my strategy overall is quite simple, our prep time is only a briefing about one another, so he won't be absorbing any electricity beforehand. As soon as the match starts, if hypnotism is out of range, electro will be hit with a barrage of blast. Concussion, solar, regular, etc...

Electro doesn't have the speed to dodge, and he doesn't have the durability to last. Even IF he does survive, there are plenty of other ways for machine man to beat him.

Like doing another barrage of blast smile

Old Post Jul 9th, 2015 05:45 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Scoob's Writeup

ELECTRO!

VS

...machine man...

Ok, not gonna overcomplicate things straight out the gate. Electro is a fairly well known character, most of his abilities aren't going to come as a surprise to anyone, but that doesn't mean they aren't effective.

Obvious advantages to Electro:

Electrical and electronic devices are often useless in his presence:
Speed / maneuverability advantage:
Machine Man can fly using anti-grav tech, so does the Wizard:
No sneaking up on this guy anymore:

Ok, so basically Electro can control or mess up any type of machine, can travel like a lightning bolt and can exist as electricity. He can drain Machine Man of all power, melt him into slag or simply switch him off, I really believe I have every advantage in this match, as Electro would have against any mechanical opponent... it's simply an unfortunate match-up for Werewolf.
quote: (post)
Originally posted by Werewolf582
I much prefer space since Electro needs to breathe smile

Yeah.... no!

Thor blasted Electro into space and he didn't return for quite a while, days, weeks maybe (wasn't too happy about it though)

Electro will be starting the match in electric form, sensing teh surroundings and randomly traveling along power grids and whatnot

Last edited by Digi on Jul 9th, 2015 at 06:00 PM

Old Post Jul 9th, 2015 05:52 PM
Werewolf582

Fixed scans

His solar blast (most powerful one in his disposal), can burn nearly as hot as the sun. And we all know electros durability isn't his best strength.

http://rs225.pbsrc.com/albums/dd199...-09.jpg~320x480

His concussion blasts actually hurts Vision at maximum density and is far to much energy for his solar gem to absorb

http://rs225.pbsrc.com/albums/dd199...-07.jpg~320x480
http://rs225.pbsrc.com/albums/dd199...-09.jpg~320x480

Hypnotism

If they ever once lock eyes with each other (even at the start of the match), it's game over. Machine man's hypnotism is good enough to control the Hulk. Someone with major mind control resistance feats.

http://rs158.pbsrc.com/albums/t105/...-16.jpg~320x480
http://rs158.pbsrc.com/albums/t105/...-17.jpg~320x480

Old Post Jul 9th, 2015 06:50 PM
Werewolf582 is currently offline Click here to Send Werewolf582 a Private Message Find more posts by Werewolf582 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Firstly: Machine Man does not have the better costume! Look at Digi's opening post, Electro looks awesome, MM looks like he went through the wash with the Hulk's underwear!

Secondly: I think your Vision feat scan is from a later Machine Man version than you drafted.

Now, on to business.

Originally posted by Digi
ADVANTAGES
-Strength
-speed
-durability
-versatility
-Destructive capability

Strength: - Maybe MM, but irrelevant in this match, if they ever touch, Machine Man is history due to power drain, circuit melt or just being blasted to pieces

Speed: - Electro definitely travels faster, not seen anything from Machine Man to impress me with his combat speed yet.

Durability: - Solid, MM, as energy form, Electro

Versatility: - If you've got it, flaunt it! Right now you have nothing to combat my energy form.

Destructive capability: - Electro has destroyed plenty of things over the years

Not sure how much heat is required to flash evaporate this much water... but I'm guessing it's a lot:

Machine man has some very good speed feats, compared to electro, who gets hit by people like spiderman and below laughing out loud

Everyone gets hit by Spider-Man (especially his rogues gallery) This isn't the 1960's, Electro isn't just a starfish headed loser anymore.
Here we have him using his blast to make a hole at near light speed

He's standing still, that's not a speed feat. Of course the hole is burned "almost at light speed" ... he's using a laser, that's generally how fast they travel, then he simply falls down the hole at the same speed everything falls.
solar blast
concussion blasts
Hypnotism

Pretty sure none of those will effect an energy form being at all (has anyone ever set electricity on fire?)
Electro doesn't have the speed to dodge

He does, but he simply doesn't need to.

Here's Electro taking down a quinjet (starktech machinery) just by touching it:

Electro + machines = broken machines (or Machine Men)

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Jul 12th, 2015 03:42 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Soooo...... I'm just gonna go ahead and declare myself the winner.

Ok?

embarrasment

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Jul 27th, 2015 02:59 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

yeah, scoob wins.

question now is--when do you go against luke and were were planning on using electro...?

Old Post Aug 7th, 2015 01:29 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Originally posted by leonidas
yeah, scoob wins.

question now is--when do you go against luke and were were planning on using electro...?

Pretty soon now.

Yeah, I figured when you rep a character in these things you have to stick with them till they get beaten. Also I just like the guy.

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2015 04:06 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

thumb up

Hit me up via PM. I think I suggested next Monday as a start date in my last PM to you, but I'd like to push it out just a little.

With the new SW movie coming out, EU Luke is becoming non-canon. So, in honor of that, this is my swan song with him. Win or lose, I'm likely retiring EU Luke after this match.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2015 10:18 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

I'll retire him for you... evil face

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2015 02:28 AM
meep-meep
What are you angry about?

Machine Man! Probably my favorite character (and Dr. Strange) when I was a kid. Nice!

Old Post Oct 25th, 2015 07:22 AM
meep-meep is currently offline Click here to Send meep-meep a Private Message Find more posts by meep-meep Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote