KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » High Meta Championship11!!!! Digi V Scoob!!1

High Meta Championship11!!!! Digi V Scoob!!1
Started by: leonidas

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

High Meta Championship11!!!! Digi V Scoob!!1

quote:

Scoobless wrote on Nov 5th, 2015 11:47 PM:
ELECTRO!

VS

...Luke Skywalker...

(please log in to view the image)

Alright, everyone knows these two characters (at least everyone who visits online sci-fi forums anyway) so most readers will probably have an opinion as to who wins firmly in their mind before we even start. And everybody loves Star Wars (original movies) so this match is gonna tug at the old nostalgic heart strings when they realise Luke is being killed here.

On to it then.

Advantages Electro has over a human force wielder:

1. Electro's energy form is invulnerable to the lightsaber
  2. Electro can drain power from any machine, so the lightsaber is nullified anyway
  3. Electro can simply turn any machine/device off (or on) whenever he chooses
  4. Electro's energy form is invulnerable to force choke or other physical manipulation (he is pure energy)
  5. Jedi/Sith have shown to be disfigured/killed by electrical attacks
  6. Electro's energy form is fast, can pass through solid objects, can fly and can kill with a single touch.
  7. Electro can resist telepathic attacks due to his control over the electricity in the brain
  8. Electro can use any metalic object as a weapon
  9. If Luke is wearing/holding anything metal, he's in big trouble

And that's just off the top of my head. Here's some scannage to back it up:

I could go on and on... and I probably will, later.

Breaking it down, Luke is known for his force powers:
  1. throw, choke, crush - all useless here.
  2. Force lightning? pretty sure that would be a terrible idea in this match.
  3. There's also the "Jedi mind tricks" - Electro has shown the ability to overcome TP and even counterattack with electrical impulse disruption.
  4. Light saber - turned off and used as a conducter to deliver a lethal charge to Luke whether he's holding it or just wearing it.
  5. Force speed/strength boost - useless. Electro is still going to be faster and Luke can't touch him without suffering major injury/death.

So it seems pretty straightforward that Luke is at a severe disadvantage in this match. Most/all of Luke's main weapons have been countered and he can't even touch (or get close to) Electro without being zapped. I'm sure Digi will disagree and pull out something I forgot (or just never knew) but as it looks now, my boy Electro has this match firmly in the bag.

evil face evil face evil face

Old Post Nov 6th, 2015 01:10 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

quote:

Digi wrote on Nov 5th, 2015 08:31 PM:

A big thank you to Leo for posting this match, and to the judges who will be reviewing it once we're done! Scoobless and I go way back, and while he's apparently daft enough to think he can beat Luke Skywalker with Electro, I wish him the best of luck. These things are always a good time, and this should be no exception. Anyway, onto the match.

Digi Writeup

I’ll keep this fairly short and sweet, and a variation of my earlier writeup with Luke (which was more educational than tactical). I have some exotic strategies to try out in subsequent posts, but for now I’m keeping it simple.

My character is Luke Skywalker. But – and this is important – this isn't just "movie Luke." This is "extended Star Wars universe Luke," or EU Luke, which is an entirely different beast. Lucasarts manages their canonicity incredibly well, so I have various mediums to draw from. Mostly, I will be pulling from comics and books, where I will highlight relevant passages.

Basically, Luke has become THE Jedi Master in the universe in current EU canon, with full mastery over the Force and a host of exotic powers. There are arguably more powerful Jedi in the history of SW, but you’d be hard-pressed to find one that has displayed such a diverse skill set with the Force. Below is a list of powers I'll be drawing from. I will, of course, back each of these up with scans or direct references (though not in this writeup). I've bolded the ones that are particularly relevant to this fight.

Enhanced Speed & Reactions
Telekinetic Shielding
Offensive Telekinesis
Enhanced physical capabilities (jumping, throwing, etc.)
Mid-level telepathy, able to conceal my presence or outright win the fight if he does not possess formidable defenses.
High-level Ranged Illusion Projection
Low-level Precognition (similar to spider-sense)
Force Lightning (if needed)
Energy Absorption
"Life" Detection (making it impossible to hide from me or surprise me)
Short-range object teleportation (to disarm if needed)
Multi-tasking these powers and abilities with the Force
And of course, his Lightsaber, which has few peers in the SW universe in terms of cutting ability (think secondary adamantium or reinforced titanium blades).

Opening Strategy
TK Shields up:
http://i.imgur.com/ogNbFPs.jpg
I begin the fight by casting multiple illusions to distract Electro while I telepathically and illusion-ally hide myself. Luke has fooled Jedi Masters with his illusions. Max isn't going to find me until I want him to.

With both my precognitive awareness and enhanced reflexes, I don't care about who is the absolute fastest. Electro's not breaching my shields, and I can end this fight quickly. The basic plan goes like this:

http://i.imgur.com/tCQdE6Q.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/3DrQwxg.jpg
+
http://i.imgur.com/CNjnYMw.jpg
=
Dead

I have even better TK feats than that, but it serves its purpose. Literally, I just wrap him in a TK Force bubble and do what I want with him. Pull him apart? Sure. Crush him repeatedly until he passes out? Sure. TK him into space? Sure. Or I could just wait for him to pass out from fear…
http://i.imgur.com/a2r8AZl.jpg

This is a stomp.

Closing Thoughts
This is not the Luke you know from the movies. This is a Jedi legend, who wields his power like an extension of himself in fluid harmony with his deadly actions.

http://i.imgur.com/DPzfDbm.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/QsiuyDH.jpg

I’ll have some additional scans to back up my strategy in later posts. Depending on how Scoob handles the match, I may also have a couple other strategies to reveal, and I'll get to those momentarily. But these things don’t have to be complex, especially when a B-list Spidey villain is going up against a Force God.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2015 01:12 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

apologies for the loss of formatting in digi's second post. another weird glitch apparently. i couldn't quote the post--when i quoted, none of the text showed up--so was forced to straight copy and paste... sad

since the posts are already up, maybe just repost your opening digi? if the formatting is that important?

anywho, good luck gents. i'd like to take a crack at this title one day soon.....

Old Post Nov 6th, 2015 01:14 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

Digi Post 1/3

Alright Chimichangas, let's actually get this show on the road. Let's see what Scoob has cooked up:

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Scoobless
Breaking it down, Luke is known for his force powers:
throw, choke, crush - all useless here.

...because??? Look, I'm not going to try to choke or throw an energy being. This is the first of the strawmen Scoob takes a stab at. BUT. My TK is far from useless. Let's see Scoob try to wriggle out of my OP before I talk any more about this.

Force lightning? pretty sure that would be a terrible idea in this match.

Generating it, sure. It wouldn't exactly harm Electro. But Luke has manipulated it. So it buys me some defense. Not that I'd ever need it, wrapped as I am in my TK bubble.

There's also the "Jedi mind tricks" - Electro has shown the ability to overcome TP and even counterattack with electrical impulse disruption.
Light saber - turned off and used as a conducter to deliver a lethal charge to Luke whether he's holding it or just wearing it.
Force speed/strength boost - useless. Electro is still going to be faster and Luke can't touch him without suffering major injury/death.

I start shielded, and have insane reflexes and speed:
http://i.imgur.com/4TmKfwq.jpg

or

Shadows of the Empire pg.225
A horizontal hail of energy bolts stabbed at Luke---The Force let him move faster than he thought possible, and he wove a defensive tapestry with his lightsaber that turned the hard rain away. Ricocheting beams hit and pierced walls, bounty hunters, the floor, the ceiling.

or

Shadows of the Empire pg.358-359
He had to trust the Force completely---Guri slowed, as if she were suddenly mired in thickened time. He saw her hand descending, saw it moving to smash him, but it was so incredibly slow, why, he could easily just roll aside and stand, before she ever reached him...He did so. He felt as if he were moving at normal speed, though there was a crackling feeling to his motion, a sound like a strong wind whistling about his ears. He came up, pivoted, thrust his open palm against the descending chop, shoved it aside. He used his left leg, a sweep that caught Guri behind the right ankle. Her feet left the floor, still moving in slow motion, and she fell, floated down, hit flat on her back...Time speeded up. Leia's yell still echoed down the corridor. Guri hit the floor.

I don't care if I'm exactly as fast in a race as Electro. He can't harm me and I'm fast enough to tag him with my epic TK skills. That's all I need.

The other two are strawmen. I'm not trying a telepathic assault. I did throw up some illusions, but Electro isn't immune to, say, Mysterio's tricks. And Luke's are a lot better:

http://i.imgur.com/AN7l7jb.jpg
...Luke was on the planet below, and that was a projected illusion that he sent to the ship IN ORBIT, that also fooled his Force-sensitive sister. I have other examples, but that's a good one. Luke's illusions are top-notch.

And the lightsaber is a non-entity in this fight. Though it also has known properties of handling electrical charge:
http://i.imgur.com/kj3Thc3.jpg (or just recall the movies, where they accomplished this on 2-3 occasions)

So really, it's just another level of defense. But more than likely, if I ever do get around to needing the lightsaber, I'd just hurl it at Electro and let it disrupt him momentarily, which would give me the opening I need. Like so:
http://i.imgur.com/HSdkXnr.jpg

Unlimited Power

Pardon for quoting the Emperor. It seemed relevant. Let's get to the feats:

Legacy of the Force 6: Inferno pg 133-140
In the next instant, Caedus found himself flying across the cabin toward his observation bubble. Luke had not gestured, had not flinched, had not even shifted his gaze; he had simply grabbed Caedus in the Force and hurled him five meters into his chair.
"Don't lie." Luke started across the cabin. "I'm getting tired of it."
Caedus sprang out of the chair... or attempted to. Instead, he found himself struggling against an invisible weight. He felt as if he were accelerating to lightspeed with a faulty inertial compensator.
"Luke, you've gone mad." Caedus reached for the controls on the arm of his chair and discovered he couldn't even do that much. "You can't do this. I know you're having trouble dealing with Mara's death, but..."

"This has nothing to do with Mara," Luke said. "And you're lucky it doesn't. If she were here-if she had known what you were using Ben for-there'd be pieces of you scattered along the entire length of the Hydian Way."

The irony of the statement was far from lost on Caedus, but he was too astonished-and too frightened-to take any pleasure in it. While it was true that Luke had taken him by surprise, it was equally true that he had done so with no visible effort-and that he was continuing to hold him with no apparent exertion.

Bear in mind, this was Luke pinning down Jacen Solo (Darth Caedus), who was a Sith Master at the time and, outside Luke, probably the most powerful Force user in the galaxy. That showing of utter dominance makes Tony's bubble that imprisoned Electro look like a a parlor trick by comparison.

Or if you're more a visual person, here's another effortless example:
http://i.imgur.com/v9m6SVn.jpg

Now a reminder that Luke can actually shrug off lightning attacks that hit him:
http://i.imgur.com/p8Sm2Xi.jpg

Or maybe Scoob thinks he can exploit Luke's prosthetic hand...

Luke Skywalker and the Shadows of Mindor Page 89 to 90
The other stormtrooper swore and triggered an autoburst from his carbine. Luke's other hand, the prosthetic hand that had replaced the one his father had taken, came up in an arc that precisely followed the motions of the carbine's muzzle and caught all five bolts squarely in its palm. He turned the palm upward in a friendly shrug and let the astonished troopers stare at the only effect of the Force-blunted blasterfire: a faint curl of steam that trailed upward from his unmarked palm.

I'm sorry Luke has more powers than Megaman in the final boss fight against Dr. Wiley. I'm going to use whichever I can, and many of them are things Scoob/Electro has no answer for.

There's actually a couple feats I can't find that would make this even more of a mismatch. But there's plenty here to make it a stomp. I'm TK shielded, fast enough to do what I want to Electro, he can't hurt me, and even if he gets to me I can absorb enough of his attack that it's a moot point. Otherwise, he's my plaything. This is all a fancy way of saying I wrap him in a bubble and squeeze. But I might as well shore up contingency plans while I'm at it.

Lastly, thanks as always to the judges and Scoobless. I know it's been a bit of a slow start, but I'm happy that this match is proceeding.

Last edited by Digi on Nov 13th, 2015 at 01:39 AM

Old Post Nov 13th, 2015 01:33 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote