KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Low Herald Tournament Odds

Vote if you feel said character should be banned
This poll is closed.
Animal Man 6 7.79%
Nova Prime 6 7.79%
Apocalypse 7 9.09%
GL Corp 7 9.09%
Creel 8 10.39%
Dr. Doom 10 12.99%
Atom 8 10.39%
Snowbird 5 6.49%
Xavier 9 11.69%
Shadow King 11 14.29%
Total: 19 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Low Herald Tournament Odds
Started by: "Id"

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (97): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

The Official 2015 KMC Tournament Low Herald

Rules

Power Level & Format: 2-character amalgam. Low Herald each.

Post Limit: 5

CIS & PIS is OFF!: We are drafting 2 characters, and its abilities. You the participant take ownership of how said characters & abilities will be realized in combat.

Character Knowledge: Contestants are fully aware the characters drafted, including its history, and weaknesses.
Also the Amalgam can use powers as good as the originals.

Amping Rules: Disallowed. Materials that aid a power (i.e. Jeffries/adamantium) are allowed. Power amping is not (i.e. The Ray + Kara)

Note: Amping is a state of empowerment fueled by some source source, that increases a characters physical prowess or ability.

Tech Creation & Non-Autonomous Constructs/Summons: Low Herald limit.

No you can not summon an entire realm or dimension.

You are in control of the character, but you are also confined to what that character has accomplished historically.

You can't borrow feats from someone else, even if your similar characters.

Example:
X-Man can not Borrow Feats Cable.
G.L. Hal can not Borrow Feats from G.L. John.

Prep: You are given time to raise shields. Otherwise NO prep time.

Creating gear can only take place in the heat of battle, after the bell has rung.

TP: Low Herald

Speed: Up to lightspeed.

Banned Powers: Reality Warp, Time Manip., Duplication, Power Copying, Autonomous Constructs (tech or magic), Memory Retention

Note: Space Manipulation, Matter Manipulation, and the Speed Force is allowed provided that the drafted characters are low herald and below.

Functional Immortals are Banned: Functional immortals such as Lobo, Mr. Immortal, Deadpool are disallowed or voided.

Standard Gear Rule Character comes in with what he is historically known for caring.

Non standard gear must be created you NOT grab it from your lab, and equip yourself with it.

BFR BFR is banned.

Self BFR is only good for phasing.

Good for 1 second.

Last edited by Badabing on Jul 10th, 2015 at 09:30 PM

Old Post Jun 20th, 2015 02:37 AM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Rules Part 2

The Final Draft

(please log in to view the image)

leonidas: Absolon Mercator & Forge

Scoobless: Amora, the Enchantress & Ultimate Thor

Werewolf582: Vulcan & Lightray

Martian_mind: Forerunner & Apocalypse

Ambient: The Darkness & Asylum

beatboks: Arion & Animal Man

abhilegend: Jade Starheart & Ronan

psycho gundam: Iron Man & Soranik Natu

LordofBrooklyn: Zauriel & Nova Prime

DarkSaint: Winter & Mortal Hercules

Last edited by Badabing on Jul 10th, 2015 at 09:34 PM

Old Post Jun 20th, 2015 02:37 AM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Judges and Participants

Judges:
Sin I AM
Digi
quanchi112 (Back up judge/participant)
Board Walker
The Nuul
JayDaDon
krisblaze
Bentley
SquallX
Supermutant
Prof. T.C McAbe
Blair Wind
long pig

Participants:
Leonidas
Scoobless
Werewolf582
Martian_mind
Ambient
beatboks
abhilegend
psycho gundam
LordofBrooklyn
DarkSaint

Last edited by Badabing on Jul 10th, 2015 at 09:32 PM

Old Post Jun 20th, 2015 02:39 AM
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Continuing from the successes of Private Wars, and Not so Private Wars, I bring you “Convergent Battleworld”.

Once we have an idea of who is participating. We will have an open draft.

The fights will take place in the main forum, and not in Battlezone.

Active fights will be pinned.

Once the fight is over, and the match is judged I will request to have the match moved to the Battlezone to be retired. In other words retired matches will be moved to the Battlezone.

Matches that are announced will be active for a week, and then closed.

3 judges per match

In case of a tie we go to the polls.

If there is still a tie, I will judge.

Everyone is welcomed to participate.

Discuss.

Last edited by "Id" on Jun 20th, 2015 at 02:52 AM

Old Post Jun 20th, 2015 02:48 AM
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

Im interested.

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Jun 20th, 2015 09:29 PM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Looks enchanting

Old Post Jun 20th, 2015 10:05 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

It is time I established my dominance here as well!

Old Post Jun 20th, 2015 10:50 PM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

What makes this tourney so "official"?

Hmm?

stick out tongue

JK.

Interested

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Jun 21st, 2015 03:40 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Probably not interested, but I'm usually happy to judge, so long as there's an acceptably large rotation of judges. Gl getting everything off the ground, and let me know if I can help with support or rulings in any way.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2015 03:42 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

Interested

Old Post Jun 21st, 2015 05:30 PM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Open drafting is fine, but who has the final word on which character is or is not "low herald"?

Draft one at a time in some kind of order, then reverse for second draft? or.... something else?

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2015 02:56 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

2 seperate drafts first come first serve.
Questionable drafts are forwarded to the judges.
If the judges are undecided.
The draft is forwaded to the contastents to be voteded on. Majority Vote (2/3) to approve the draft.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2015 07:16 PM
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

I'm down low/ mid herald is my ball park.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2015 04:28 AM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Werewolf582

I'm in.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2015 04:19 PM
Werewolf582 is currently offline Click here to Send Werewolf582 a Private Message Find more posts by Werewolf582 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

intrigued.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2015 04:53 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Ill be sending out pms to invite some folks, and narrow down who wants to judge or participate.....IN THIS MEGA EVENT OF GLADIATORS!

Old Post Jun 26th, 2015 03:40 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

I'd like an idea of other people's idea of the cap for low herald.

Last couple go arounds have shown a wide degree of division on the topic.

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Jun 26th, 2015 03:55 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

here's the list of low heralds. can we just look at it and say who on the list is outright banned? personally, i have no problem with ANYONE on the list, for the record (the differences between low/mid herald are marginal in many cases and a strict delineation is damn near impossible). but if people have issue with individuals, get them out now, BEFORE they are drafted. id, anyone you want to outright ban before the discussion even starts? i'm in favor of simplicity. if one person doesn't like someone, REMOVE him. no need to defend picks. we'll all have access to the same remaining pool. and no questioning id. if he bans someone, so be it. that said, here's the list. air your grievances or forever hold your tongue!

Absorbing Man, Air Walker, Animal Man, Apocalypse, Apollo, Aquaman (DCNU), Argent, The Atom, Aztek, Breach, Cassandra Nova, Cir-El, Damage, Darkness, Darwin, Death's Head 3.0, Death Metal, Doomsday (DOS), Doctor Doom, Dr. Invincible, Dr. Light, Dr. Light II (Kimiyo Hoshi), Dr. Polaris, Drax The Destroyer, Enchantress, Engineer, Exodus, Fin Fang Foom, The Flash I (Jay Garrick), Forerunner, Gammid, Gilgamesh, Gold Key Solar, Gorilla Grodd, Graviton, Green Lantern (Soranik Natu), Guardian I (James Hudson), He-Man, Hector Hammond, Hercules (Immortal), Iceman, Invincible, Iron Man, Isis, Jade, Jack Hawksmoor (in city), Jack of Hearts, Jericho, Kalibak, Kang, Krypto, Lightray, Living Monolith, Loki (Ultimate), Lunatik, Madison Jeffries (BOX IV), Magneto (U), Major Force, Makkari, Man-Beast, Manchester Black, Marrina (Leviathan), Mar-Vell, Matrix Supergirl, Meggan, Mongul, Monica Rambeau (Pulsar), Mr. M, Nimrod, Nova (Frankie Raye), Nova Richard Rider (current), Plastic Man, Power Girl, Prime, Professor X, Raven, Ravenous, The Ray, Red Tornado, Ronan the Accuser, Saturn Girl, Selene (External), Shadow King, Snowbird, Starhawk, Starman, Super Skrull, Stryfe, Superboy, Tempest, Thor (Ultimate), Ultra Boy, Ultra-Humanite, Ultron, Union, Vulcan, Wendigo, Winter, Witchfire (Normal), Zauriel

incidentally, here is the high meta tier as well. some of these guys are certainly suitable picks. anyone have issue with any of THESE guys??

Abomination, Aquaman, Ares (Marvel), Atlas, Aurora, Batman 1 Million, Battalion (Jackson King), Blastaar, BOX I (Roger Bochs), Captain Britain, Captain Marvel Jr, Colossus, Crystal, Death's Head II, Donna Troy, Emma Frost, Gamora, Ghost Rider II, Grim Reaper, Guardian II (Heather Hudson), Havok, Hellstrike, Hercules (Mortal), Holocaust, The Human Torch, Invisible Woman, Jean Grey (sans Phoenix), Jenny Sparks, Juggernaut (Depowered), Karate Kid, Living Laser, Machine Man, Manbot, Mandarin, Mary Marvel, Maul, Mercer Drake, Metallo, Mimic (Exiles), Miss Martian, Mr. Fantastic, Mr. Sinister, Namor the Sub-Mariner, Nico Minoru, Nightshade, Northstar, Ocean Master, Osiris, Pitt, Polaris, Psylocke, Radioactive Man, Sand, Sasquatch, Shassa, She-Hulk, Spiral, Starfire, Storm, Supernova, Temugin, The Thing, Thunderstrike, The Tick, Ulik, Ultimo, Vision, War Machine, Windshear, Wonder Man, Zzaxx

Old Post Jun 26th, 2015 09:45 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

From the previous two tournies these are the ones that stood out. Vulcan, Gravitron, Doomsday, and Nova Prime.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2015 10:27 PM
Werewolf582

Why is Ultron low Herald?

Old Post Jun 26th, 2015 10:36 PM
Werewolf582 is currently offline Click here to Send Werewolf582 a Private Message Find more posts by Werewolf582 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote