KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » How powerful was Squad 11's previous captain?

How powerful was Squad 11's previous captain?
Started by: Jmanghan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jmanghan

How powerful was Squad 11's previous captain?

As the title says. All we know is that Kenpachi defeated him, but that could still put him at very high level's of power.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Oct 24th, 2015 09:21 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

I got the impression that he wasn't too powerful by the standards of the role, which likely meant he was pretty strong, but low to mid among captains.

Maybe around Doggy Captain strength?

Old Post Oct 25th, 2015 02:43 AM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

He was beaten by Vanilla Kenpachi in a single blow.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2015 03:44 AM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

So yea, maybe weaker than that... one wonders how he got to be captain.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2015 07:36 AM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RaventheOnly
GheutWunOlathWholSsussun

Well Vanilla Kenpachi was technically one of his most powerful versions? When Unohana first encountered Kenpachi as a child he was the most powerful being she had encountered and she was the most powerful of the captains technically. He actually became weaker when he fought more people because he began to limit his own power subconsciously.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2015 08:16 AM
RaventheOnly is currently offline Click here to Send RaventheOnly a Private Message Find more posts by RaventheOnly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

quote: (post)
Originally posted by RaventheOnly
Well Vanilla Kenpachi was technically one of his most powerful versions? When Unohana first encountered Kenpachi as a child he was the most powerful being she had encountered and she was the most powerful of the captains technically. He actually became weaker when he fought more people because he began to limit his own power subconsciously.

That was Kid/Teen Zaraki, and Unohana was the 1st Kenpachi. Zaraki killed the 10th, so it happened a long time after that fight.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Oct 25th, 2015 04:24 PM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Originally posted by RaventheOnly

By vanilla I mean after he started limiting himself, before those limitations were released.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2015 04:58 PM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SSJGGogeta

Originally posted by NewGuy01
By vanilla I mean after he started limiting himself, before those limitations were released.

But his limiters increased on himself over time. He only started getting stronger again once Ichigo and he fought. And didn't Unohana fight Vanilla Kenpachi BECAUSE he killed the captain of squad 11? Or am I remembering that wrong? IIRC though, Squad 11's captain fought him first, got kill't, then Unohana stepped in the ring.

If I'm right about that, then it would make plenty of sense. Hell, that would give enough wiggle room for Squad 11's captain to be stronger than Aizen was, for christ sake. I couldn't see him being any stronger than... I dunno, Byakuya or something. I still see Unohana, Kyoraku, and Ukitake as the strongest three, before Kenpachi showed up. Excluding Yamamoto, of course.

"Why is everybody so ****ing stupid?"- Kim Jong Il, Team America.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2015 09:27 AM
SSJGGogeta is currently offline Click here to Send SSJGGogeta a Private Message Find more posts by SSJGGogeta Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

You're remembering it wrong. Zaraki met Unohana long before killing the Squad 11 Captain.

Man all this does is remind me that despite how good Bleach has been more recently, the Kenpachi stuff was utterly stupid.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2015 10:34 AM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SSJGGogeta

Originally posted by AuraAngel
You're remembering it wrong. Zaraki met Unohana long before killing the Squad 11 Captain.

Man all this does is remind me that despite how good Bleach has been more recently, the Kenpachi stuff was utterly stupid.

Ah, disregard what I just said then embarrasment

Anyway, yeah, the Kenpachi stuff was dumb. The only character that should have been getting weaker is Yamamoto. And Kenpachi got like... Ridiculously weaker, like he went from being Unohana level, which is presumably at least on par with Yamamoto, all the way down to scrub SS arc Ichigo level.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2015 11:29 AM
SSJGGogeta is currently offline Click here to Send SSJGGogeta a Private Message Find more posts by SSJGGogeta Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

He was stronger than Unohana as a child. That was just stupid. Unohana is a better swordsman than Yamamoto but he's still the stronger of the two because his Shikai/Bankai are just better in every way. Then again Unohana's healing ability is kinda stupid good so she might last a bit.

Not against 13 year old Kenpachi though. He curbs her if he feels like it.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2015 12:08 PM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SSJGGogeta

Originally posted by AuraAngel
He was stronger than Unohana as a child. That was just stupid. Unohana is a better swordsman than Yamamoto but he's still the stronger of the two because his Shikai/Bankai are just better in every way. Then again Unohana's healing ability is kinda stupid good so she might last a bit.

Not against 13 year old Kenpachi though. He curbs her if he feels like it.

Yeah, kinda like Goten being almost as strong as Gohan, when Goten was 7, and Gohan was 18.

But wayyyyy worse.

Question: Do we even know what Unohana's shikai and/or bankai do? We know that she summons some weird creature by using shikai, that heals people with saliva, but that's it, right? And all we know about her bankai, as far as I can recall, is that it lets her revive other people as many times as she wants to.

I really wish that we had seen Yama's full bakai though... We only got to see two of his four bankai abilities, which sucks IMO.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2015 09:14 AM
Q99

I kinda feel the writer didn't bother to think of all the abilities of some character's shikai and bankai.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2015 10:30 AM
SSJGGogeta

Originally posted by Q99
I kinda feel the writer didn't bother to think of all the abilities of some character's shikai and bankai.

Yeah. Most of them, he just kind of made to fit in with the situation.

Yachiru's is the perfect example. Her shikai is able to hit targets on all three dimensions individually, and it just so happens that her opponents ability was to vanish from one of those dimensions.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2015 10:32 AM