KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » The Inquisitor vs Kas'im

Who Wins?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
The Inquisitor 8 40.00%
Kas'im 12 60.00%
Total: 20 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The Inquisitor vs Kas'im
Started by: ILS

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Inquisitor vs Kas'im

Lightsabers only who wins?

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2015 02:25 AM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deronn Solo
King Yami

Kas'im wrecks.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2015 02:49 AM
Click here to Send Deronn Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Deronn Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Kas'im.

Sabers is one area where the New Sith Wars era shouldn't lag much behind, and stuff like two-swords has been seen to give the Inquisitor some trouble.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2015 03:15 AM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Probably the Inquisitor

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Nov 8th, 2015 03:34 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tondemonai

I'm just not even sure what to say. Just not even funny how stupid this fight is.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2015 04:03 AM
Click here to Send Tondemonai a Private Message Find more posts by Tondemonai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Tondemonai
not even funny how stupid this fight is.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2015 10:50 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Poll is pretty close so far, any of you guys want to make some credible arguments?

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2015 10:53 AM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

You want to make a credible thread?

Old Post Nov 8th, 2015 10:57 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Kas'im stomps

Old Post Nov 8th, 2015 11:49 AM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

An actual argument would be nice, eventually.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2015 02:00 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deronn Solo
King Yami

Next you'll want niggas to explain what's two plus two, Freshest. Needless to say, the answer is as clear as this thread is.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2015 02:05 PM
Click here to Send Deronn Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Deronn Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

You should have no problem then, homeslice; though I actually doubt you even know why 2 + 2 = 4.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2015 02:11 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Kas'im should have more practical experience, and we've seen unconventional can throw the Inquisitor off.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2015 02:21 PM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deronn Solo
King Yami

Aside from the massive advantage he has in the physical department, and the fact he perfected every move and sequence across all 7 forms in decades time? Inq just being able to use and counter them pales in comparison. He was also considered one of, if not the most skilled duelist in the entire galaxy. He was at very least the most skilled in the Brotherhood alone. Strength in the Force also helps in duels you know, and Kas'im is powerful enough to shield himself from Temple emploding telekinetic repulses on the fly. Inq has zero Force feats on that level, even accounting for the Nexus. Inquisitor is probably the better analysis, but in terms of actual physical dexterity Kas'im is his superior.

And that's kinda the point; 2+2= 4 doesn't need explaining because the end result is obvious. Just like this inbred of a thread. But I can hold one's hand through the process and explain so if they lack the mental capabilities to determain for themselves. smile

Last edited by Deronn Solo on Nov 8th, 2015 at 03:00 PM

Old Post Nov 8th, 2015 02:57 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

The Inquisitor's analysis skills won't help him here at all. It's not like he watched vids of Kas'im to freak him out. And he can't criticise the guys form when he has all of them to the highest degree. And if he tries to brag about his Inquisitor status Kas'im would probably just laugh his ass off. Is he gonna pick out weaknesses in Kas'im' forms which were stated to be perfect? No.

Last edited by Nephthys on Nov 8th, 2015 at 03:10 PM

Old Post Nov 8th, 2015 03:06 PM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
Aside from the massive advantage he has in the physical department, and the fact he perfected every move and sequence across all 7 forms in decades time?

How exactly does Kas'im have a physical advantage. And that's some great hype that doesn't change that the Inquisitor has similar accolades.
quote:

Inq just being able to use and counter them pales in comparison.

Because...?
quote:

He was also considered one of, if not the most skilled duelist in the entire galaxy. He was at very least the most skilled in the Brotherhood alone.

That's really not that impressive. Given who the Inquisitor would have to content with to be hyped as "the greatest duelist in the galaxy," I hardly consider comparing Kas'im to the Brotherhood of Darkness in any way shape or form a fair comparison.
quote:

Strength in the Force also helps in duels you know, and Kas'im is powerful enough to shield himself from Temple emploding telekinetic repulses on the fly.

Bane collapsed the entrance. There was absolutely zero Temple imploding, despite the hype it's constantly given by Neph. erm
quote:

Inq has zero Force feats on that level, even accounting for the Nexus. Inquisitor is probably the better analysis, but in terms of actual physical dexterity Kas'im is his superior.

Again, I'm wondering exactly why? Besides hype and "teh Force" which contrary to what you said, being strong in the Force won't equate to you being an excellent duelist.
quote:

And that's kinda the point; 2+2= 4 doesn't need explaining because the end result is obvious. Just like this inbred of a thread. But I can hold one's hand through the process and explain so if they lack the mental capabilities to determain for themselves. smile

Or you could give some actual feats. That works too. thumb up

Old Post Nov 8th, 2015 03:16 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

"Bane watched the spectacle of the Temple's implosion from the safety of the ground at the foot of the stairs."

You were saying?

Old Post Nov 8th, 2015 03:20 PM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

You've proven that Karpyshyn doesn't actually know what the word implosion means. Congratulations.
Also: "Unfortunately, he couldn’t shield the Temple around him. The walls exploded into great
chunks of rubble. The archway collapsed in a shower of stone, burying Kas’im beneath tons
of rock and mortar. A second later the rest of the roof caved in, drowning out the "

Nice try, but I also have the book. It's pretty cool how you tried to leave out the part where the lack of support caused the building to cave in though. Guess if I chop the support beam in my house I'm also super powerful.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2015 03:33 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

"Implosion is a process in which objects are destroyed by collapsing (or being squeezed in) on themselves."

Bane didn't just collapse the entrance. It states that the archway collapsed and then the rest of the roof followed suit. Meaning the rest of the temple. The archway itself in no way supports the roof and isn't a support beam of any kind.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2015 03:51 PM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Or you could use an actual dictionary, like Oxford:
Collapse or cause to collapse violently inward:

A building collapsing is not implosion.

Second, you have no idea how buildings work if you think you can collapse the supporting walls and expect it to stand. The entire point to arches is to support. erm

Old Post Nov 8th, 2015 03:55 PM